Dunkel cue

Jdm34

jared marion
Silver Member
I received my Steve Dunkel cue last week plain jane curly maple and fiddle back leather wrap 62 inch even split 19 0zs very well balanced 12mm ld shaft hits and plays awesome.absolutely love the longer cue best thing I could of ever done.

Attachments

• received_1536668396363714.jpeg
    received_1536668396363714.jpeg
    160.9 KB · Views: 315

tenfttall

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice cue! Any chance you could elaborate on why you like such a longer cue? What length did you shoot with before?

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
Looks like the extra length is off the back of the cue. I would have had a standard length butt cap or else a longer than normal wrap.

My current player is 59". I have a new cue coming the same way. In addition I have a 60" cue.

Kevin

Jdm34

jared marion
Silver Member
Nice cue! Any chance you could elaborate on why you like such a longer cue? What length did you shoot with before?
I am 6 foot 5 inches I was using a standard cue then went to a 60 inch then went to 59 with 4 inch mid extension 63 inches loved the length just not the forward weight. so I ordered 62 inches I honestly feel like I would shoot most comfortable with a 64 to 66 but realize thats drastic. I shoot with a pendulum stroke I dont like a lot of elbow drop I have to practice a lot for that to work. the longer cue makes my stroke more consistant for me.

Jdm34

jared marion
Silver Member
Looks like the extra length is off the back of the cue. I would have had a standard length butt cap or else a longer than normal wrap.

My current player is 59". I have a new cue coming the same way. In addition I have a 60" cue.

Kevin
its a 31 even split yes the wrap is in the usual spot from the pin I mentioned he didnt want to move it back after shooting with it I agree with wrap placement most shots I am in the middle of wrap. the design allows to grab the cue and almost not realize its 4 inches longer than standard you get down slide your hand back till comfortable and shoot imo its easier to adjust to longer cue when it's on the back than in front. I believe thats why you see most pro's with the back extension over the mid. just my opinion