The APA 9 ball team CHAMPIONS disqualified

racefornine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The APA 9 ball team champions cheated by playing a player who wasnt on there roster . He showed fake ID to be able to play in at least 1 match in the 17 - 32 bracket . The team went on to win the final get paid and go home . The APA has told me when they recover the paid out funds , the APA will donate the proceeds to a charity . Do you think this is the best solution . My team was one of the teams that was cheated . I was informed by a player in the area the cheating team was from .

Black Cat 5791

I get all the Breaks
Silver Member
It's really the only viable solution. The tournament can't be replayed, and there is no telling who would have won.

Black Cat :cool:

SMG

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They should let the teams decide where it goes or at least provide proof of where the money going. DONT TRUST ANYBODY

El-ahrairah

Banned
Imo, if you disqualify a team in the money, each team below that team moves up one spot in the payout and the team that busted on the money bubble is now in the money. That's how it is handled in poker and it seems fair to me.

ruzzy1

Registered
was this at the nationals ? either way first thing the team (all players ) should be banned for 2 years ,usually thats what happens for all disqualified teams . good luck to the apa getting the money back lol. if it was at the nationals , usually the apa invites any team the disqualified team
beat to the following years nationals but you have to pay your expenses to get there but have a chance at playing and winning money is the only plus.

SMG

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Imo, if you disqualify a team in the money, each team below that team moves up one spot in the payout and the team that busted on the money bubble is now in the money. That's how it is handled in poker and it seems fair to me.

I like this :yes:

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They should just go ahead and pay the other teams the money they should get for moving up 1 spot, and eat the mistake.
After all , it's their job to make sure it doesn't happen.

Last edited:

frankncali

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Teams get DQd every year. I am not sure how common it is for a player to play that is not on the roster.

How did LO not know?

Not sure how the money should move in this one.

How much actual cash was it? Isn't the actual winnings part cash and alot merch?

Six Shooter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

This is the way it should be.

hon400ex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Teams get DQd every year. I am not sure how common it is for a player to play that is not on the roster.

How did LO not know?

Not sure how the money should move in this one.

How much actual cash was it? Isn't the actual winnings part cash and alot merch?

I agree with this. How can a LO not know the players on his team, especially a team that won a national championship. He should get some kind of penalty also. I think it will be hard to get all the money back but I do think that each team should be compensated on down the line for what they could have won (move each team up one spot).

calcuttaman

Pool Player
Silver Member
The APA 9 ball team champions cheated by playing a player who wasnt on there roster . He showed fake ID to be able to play in at least 1 match in the 17 - 32 bracket . The team went on to win the final get paid and go home .
Which APA championship was this? A state event or was it a national event?

decent dennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This happens every year. The teams that lose in the tournament and all year long take the brunt because there attitude is oh well we missed it. Meanwhile a team that cheated knocks out a team that didn't, removing two teams.

JuicyGirl

Scroll Lock- Juicy Style
Silver Member
Was this last year? Personally I'd say each member of the team should be disqualified.

Eddie May

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe people should stop crying about a team having a standin for ONE MATCH OF THE ENTIRE TOURNAMENT. Then this would not be a problem...

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
Don't turn this post into something bad! The APA made a great stand. If the APA said the monies go to charity, then it will.

randyg

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe people should stop crying about a team having a standin for ONE MATCH OF THE ENTIRE TOURNAMENT. Then this would not be a problem...

The original post stated at least one match that he knew of. The player could have played in many of the other matches. Either way cheating is cheating and the team should have been disqualified.

I don't see how someone could think it is OK to cheat if it only happens once.

uwate

daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
Here is the team of cheaters. And yes they ALL are no good cheaters. Like any of them DIDNT know that the guy playing was not on their roster. What a bunch of crap. The whole lot of them should be sued by the APA and banned.

1st-Place-Babe%E2%80%99s-%E2%80%93-New-Derry-PA.jpg