So what is everyone using for pool table lights?

cbi1000

It is what it is...
Silver Member
I just got a 7' diamond table, looking for lighting options. What are folks using now en days?

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Led is probably best. There is somebody on here who makes them. I personally use florescent, not great but very little shadows.

Matt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Diamond light at home and the pool hall I frequent has Brunswick Gold Crown lights. Both use fluorescent bulbs and have diffusers that obscure your line of sight to the bulbs to reduce glare and eye strain. Even if you're not going to spring for one of those lights, I would recommend something with a similar design. Maybe you can add a diffuser to an off the shelf light.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I have the big Brunswick light that matches the Gold Crowns. It has 8 4 foot fluorescent tubes, I love my light.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I use these myself

Led flat panels

Attachments

• 13217427_10205031366098406_9048371270041221705_o.jpg
    13217427_10205031366098406_9048371270041221705_o.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 525

Kevin3824

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am in the same boat as you far as table lighting goes I have a 7 foot diamond. I do not have any proper table lighting at the present time I am using floorstanding lights pointed at the table. I did however find a four bulb hanging lamp similar to a pool table light at the habitat for humanity ReStore for like 25 dollars. My issue is is I have no way to hang it over the table that will not cause holes in the walls as I live in an apartment. I basically need to figure out a way to hang it with something I can take with me when I move.

SARDiver

JCC Chief
Silver Member
I use a 3 light, with 100W equivalent LEDs at the ends and a 75W equivalent in the middle, all with 5000K color for my tournament blue cloth.

Love this setup.

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
I use 4 ft fluorescents. Its got a genuine imitation diamond cut steel housing. :grin:

I am particular on the light. GE Reveal bulbs only.

How high over the table is normal?

cbi1000

It is what it is...
Silver Member
I have a Diamond light at home and the pool hall I frequent has Brunswick Gold Crown lights. Both use fluorescent bulbs and have diffusers that obscure your line of sight to the bulbs to reduce glare and eye strain. Even if you're not going to spring for one of those lights, I would recommend something with a similar design. Maybe you can add a diffuser to an off the shelf light.

I might have to build something like this. The diamond light is $550 shipped to my door.... Them are big bucks right there....

jtaylor996

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I took a smaller Brunswick light off Craigslist and put a 1x4 LED panel in it. Works really well, but a full length light would work a tiny bit better.

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Home made.

I have 4 of the 8' fluorescent bulbs that are the same as the ones in the Diamond lights. You can get the light bulb specs from the Diamond site.

I built a box out of thin finished ply wood and stained and trimmed it out and wired a heavy duty extension cord to it that runs on the ceiling and down the wall to a receptacle. Looks good and works well.

I lag bolted a couple of 4' 2x6's into the roof trusses and hung the light from them using 4 lengths of chain and small turn buckles.

If I had it to do over I would of bought 4 of the dual led 4' lights home depot sells for about 50 bucks each. I put 2 of them in my wife's sewing room. They can be plugged into each other and are really bright and energy of efficient.

They are supposed to last 50,000 hours.

Last edited: