lucasi feedback & reviews...

jcs003

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
could anyone give me some info on lucasi cues. i like the designs of some of their production cues and i am interested in how well they play. i have owned a cobra by schmeckle and two joss cues. the cobra hit the best but i gave it to someone and never got it back. anyways, i hope to get some feedback on the lucasi cues.

thanks alot,

john

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There okay,nothing special,built sturdy reasonably priced with good customer service.There hybrid shaft hits okay but as far as balance points and feel,most of these types of cue are very generic but again fair priced.:smile:Goodluck

Jim Baxter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For the Price , I do not think they can be beat . I have sold them since '95 and I have never had to take one back . I think they hit as good or better than Joss . GJ Jim

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have had my Lucasi for 2 years. It is still as straight as the day I got it.
It plays very well for a low priced cue. Most people that hit with it are very surprised at how well it plays.
I think dollar for dollar they are hard to beat. The only real knock on them is that they are made in China and a lot of people will say to buy American made cues. This is a decision only you can make. There are low priced American made cues that will play just fine. But if you have found a Lucasi design that you like don't be afraid to buy it.

Attachments

• lucasi 1.jpg
    lucasi 1.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 10,447
  • lucsai 2.jpg
    lucsai 2.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 10,467
  • lucasi 3.jpg
    lucasi 3.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 10,667

jcs003

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i have issues with china, taiwan and korean made items. japanese manufactured products are very well made in my experience. so, it being made in china is an issue. i have been wanting a custom made cue but they are grossely overpriced for some cues that have the same quality designs as the productiuon cues. i hit a gentlemans $4,500 mottey cue that hit the same as my cobra cue. hit very well but not $4,500 worth and he didnt have any high end inlays or anything. just a nice 4-point with a few common inlays. the cue costs are not very encouraging.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
could anyone give me some info on lucasi cues. i like the designs of some of their production cues and i am interested in how well they play. i have owned a cobra by schmeckle and two joss cues. the cobra hit the best but i gave it to someone and never got it back. anyways, i hope to get some feedback on the lucasi cues.

thanks alot,

john

I don't particularly care for them myself, but they are a great value.

The thing I don't understand is people changing shoes like they change socks. Find a cue that works well for you then play with that cue. If you get to the pint that you can outplay the cue then upgrade the shaft etc. Heck you can even go as far as having the joint style changed if that becomes an issue.

Get out and hit with the cues you are considering. I have tried to replace my JOSS many times and am still playing with that same cue after 26 years.

irockash

Registered
A friend of mine has a Lucasi sneaky and I LOVE the feel of it. I seem to play much better with it than my Cuetec sneaky. Probably the wood, but there's a very good response when I hit with it.

I'm actually looking at getting one soon, or perhaps the L-D2 to be a little different. Anyone have any experience with that one?

pigsRflying

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Lucasi that I've had for about 6 years to use in bars etc. and never had a problem with it. Still straight. Hits good but I've got a lot of custom cues that def play much better. I think you would do better to spend a little more and pick up a decent sneaky from a custom cue maker. Seen a lot of good used ones here at a fair price. Good luck in your search.

acousticsguru

player/instructor
Silver Member
I ordered a Lucasi L-ER for one of my students once, along with a 314-2 shaft. He had hit a few balls with my Southwest and wanted something "similar but affordable" with a flat-face wood-to-wood joint. This one's got the Radial pin, one of my favourites, and was part of one of Joe Nielsen's blow-out sales, so the aftermarket shaft may have cost more than the cue. What a deal indeed. He still plays with it and seems very happy, but prefers the aftermarket shaft. Must say, was more impressed with the workmanship that's gone into the butt (astounding for the money) than the shaft from the moment I saw it, whereas the 314-2 he got is one of the straightest and most nicely tapered I've seen/tried (not a secret I like Predator aftermarket shafts only exceptionally, but this is one of that handful). All in all, an exceptional cue for the money.

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

„J'ai gâché vingt ans de mes plus belles années au billard. Si c'était à refaire, je recommencerais.“ – Roger Conti

Keane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ordered a Lucasi L-ER for one of my students once, along with a 314-2 shaft. He had hit a few balls with my Southwest and wanted something "similar but affordable" with a flat-face wood-to-wood joint. This one's got the Radial pin, one of my favourites, and was part of one of Joe Nielsen's blow-out sales, so the aftermarket shaft may have cost more than the cue. What a deal indeed. He still plays with it and seems very happy, but prefers the aftermarket shaft. Must say, was more impressed with the workmanship that's gone into the butt (astounding for the money) than the shaft from the moment I saw it, whereas the 314-2 he got is one of the straightest and most nicely tapered I've seen/tried (not a secret I like Predator aftermarket shafts only exceptionally, but this is one of that handful). All in all, an exceptional cue for the money.

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

„J'ai gâché vingt ans de mes plus belles années au billard. Si c'était à refaire, je recommencerais.“ – Roger Conti

I've got a Lucasi as well with an OB-2, and it hits fantastic. It is definitely my player every time. I've shot with a few of the higher-end production cues, and think that the Lucasi cues are a deal at their price point.