Instructor Qualification

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have to totally agree with Scott on this. I have taken lessons from different BCA instructors. Some have the information and pass it on, but something is missing in the presentation.
I have attended pool school with both Scott and Randy. Both have these two attributes. It was apparent from the beginning of the classes that they have a passion for what they do. They also presented everything in an extremely organized manner. Thorough explanations as to why their suggestions work. Also everyone gets a nice manual that allows you to review everything at your own pace.

Tennesseejoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the great responses. This certainly adds credibility to your programs.

Just one more question: Does your certification course demonstrate video techniques?

Six Shooter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you all once more for the many responses to this topic.

I really didn't think it would actually get this in depth.

My own curiosities have grown exponentially and I am currently budgeting toward these goals.

My own circle of friends are continuously asking for a little advice when we all get together and have provided the motivation to obtaining an "official" recognition.

A while back, I did go through some training to become an instructor but overall, I'm really not satisified with the results it has given me and am always looking for a better way to convey my own knowledge and experience to my friends and future students.

RWOJO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Insructor Qualifications

I have been teaching in the Atlanta area (mainly North near Marietta Billiard Club) for about 9 months now. I do not have the BCA certifications but I will eventually get certified.

These 9 months have been a major learning experience. I have helped brand new players to helping players that have played longer than I have been alive.

The biggest thing about teaching is whether the student and teacher click. I have had a few students that I did not click with, but they still learned some. I've had other students that I click with from the start.

At this time I teach on the side and work a normal 40 hr/wk office job. I want to eventually teach full time. One thing people that know me will say is I have a lot of Passion and Knowledge for this game we all love. I don't think anyone has complained that I am not certified or qualified to teach.

Richard

pooltchr

Prof. Billiard Instructor
Silver Member
Tennessee and Six Shooter. I am not too far from either of you (Charlotte NC) and while my present work schedule has limited my teaching time, I do get home on a somewhat regular basis, and would be happy to talk to you about certification. Like the others have mentioned, it's not automatic, but if I am convinced someone has the potential to become a good instructor, I will work with them to get them into the program.
Steve