Tiger cue review

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Azers that own these post how you like them? Never and rarely see them as used on secondary for sale or new. Must be very well liked performance wise playing cue?

AlexandruM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm playing with a Tiger Ultra X shaft, I choose it in favor of Mezz Alpha Hybrid. Tiger is a good quality product, you won't be dissapointed.

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the Ultra X LD and Pro X shafts for my schon. They have a little more deflection compared to their predator counterparts, the 314 and Z but in trade they have a lot more "feel" to them. The Ultra has a little too fat taper for my taste but thats easily fixed by a cue repairman. Absolutely great shafts, definitely worth the price.

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i have the ultra x ld and pro x shafts for my schon. They have a little more deflection compared to their predator counterparts, the 314 and z but in trade they have a lot more "feel" to them. The ultra has a little too fat taper for my taste but thats easily fixed by a cue repairman. Absolutely great shafts, definitely worth the price.

many of new students of the game don't realize how deflection is advantage to the game in position play! To little is not good & the way many shafts are engineered takes away from that great feel you need of the hit. My philosophy of great pool is you got to feel it! Natural talent many never acquire. I am sure tiger is a great player.

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
tested out my tiger with ultra shaft. wow oh wow a thumbs up playing cue. very impressed! yes i like play,hit & feel better than mezz,predator & any ld shaft competitor production wise i have tried! no regrets here better yet have 1 of 1 cue! lol month with out hitting a ball played good enough almost win local tournament. these are fine cues guys!

whatevrdoumean

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I received my Tiger cue couple days ago. It came with ultra x shaft. It hit great. A lot better than I thought. Then I bought a Ultra LD shaft for it. Got it today and all I can say is holly sh_t. To me it hits a lot better than Predator 314-2,OB Classic+ OB1+ and Mezz WX700. Also the shaft came smooth as a baby as_. The taper to me feels just like the original 314 pre cat shafts. I finally found the combo for me. To anybody on the fence about trying a Tiger get one. Michael

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I received my Tiger cue couple days ago. It came with ultra x shaft. It hit great. A lot better than I thought. Then I bought a Ultra LD shaft for it. Got it today and all I can say is holly sh_t. To me it hits a lot better than Predator 314-2,OB Classic+ OB1+ and Mezz WX700. Also the shaft came smooth as a baby as_. The taper to me feels just like the original 314 pre cat shafts. I finally found the combo for me. To anybody on the fence about trying a Tiger get one. Michael

AWESOME TO HEAR I LOVE MINE. ONLY COMPLAINT NOT A FAN OF SNIPER, SEAM GET TO HARD FOR MY TASTE. GOING TO CHANGE MINE OUT TO A G2 TIP. YA GREAT CUES WAY BETTER THAN ALL THOSE YOU MENTIONED. I PREFER ULTRA OVER OTHER SHAFTS BUT THERE FINE AS WELL! :thumbup: BEST BUILT PRODUCTION CUE IN USA IN ALL AREAS!

AlexandruM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Couple days ago I had a "problem" with my Ultra X shaft. After factory Sniper tip I installed a new tip. Played for 2 weeks and couple days ago I saw that original ferrule pad is unglued from ferrule. I cut down the pad and put a new tip on the ferrule.

speedy5963

speedy5963
Silver Member
I have always had good luck with Tiger, quality products! I've had a cue or two some time back and since then different shafts, never any issues, all play very well, I've gone back and forth between my regular maple shafts and Tiger products. Can't go wrong with Tiger.

MalibuMike

Banned
New Tiger 30" Pro-X "carom" Shaft is awesome shooter!

New Tiger 30" Pro-X "carom" Shaft is awesome shooter!
I have tried a easy dozen LD shafts and have settled on the 30" Tiger Pro-X.
Now, I have found something even better! The 30" Tiger Pro-X "Carom" Shaft! It has a slightly larger tip size at 12.25mm as compared to the regular Pro X's 11.74, the rest of the shaft is the same, but this little extra tip size has me pocketing more balls then ever! The tip is a little more forgiving the 11.75 Pro-X. So now I use both, the regular Pro-X is great for 9 ball when you really need to juice the cue ball around the table, but the Pro-X "Carom" is great for Straight Pool 14.1, 8 Ball & One Pocket when you are pocketing lots of balls through traffic. Check it out! Below are just a few of the other shafts I have tried. I quit using Predators and OB's long ago! The new OB plus I had high hopes for as they went for the same solid construction as Tiger, but it turned out to be a dud.

Attachments

• 1458112516645.jpg
    1458112516645.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 2,636
  • 20150429_174214.jpg
    20150429_174214.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 2,697
  • 20141202_225704.jpg
    20141202_225704.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 2,636
  • 20150425_153016.jpg
    20150425_153016.jpg