Pro Pool Academy

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hope this is the right forum-

I bought a membership to Max Eberle's pro pool academy a few weeks ago. I have never taken a lesson in person from anyone, but have watched a lot of Tor Lowery's stuff, and most free stuff on the 'tube...So after working through several of the videos in PPA, I thought I would post a couple of thoughts for anyone who may be looking at purchasing some instructional material.

First off, the production quality is not great as far as video and sound, but then again I didn't purchase it for high production value. the content has been great so far. Eberle is very personable and seems like someone I would hang out with in real life.

I had developed the "yips" in my stroke, and working through his stuff on PSR, stance, stroking line, bridge etc. Really got me dialed in on things I was doing BEFORE the stroke that were making me miss shots.

Eberle seems to genuinely love the game. Several times when demonstrating a drill or shot, he would miss it by the smallest of margins and make a comment such as " I'm really frustrated I hit that wrong", or I'm really upset I missed the position by an inch"...that kind of focus and demand for perfection was good for me to see as it showed me the kind of focus I need to put into my practice.

There were many racks of 8 and 9 ball where he talks you through his thought process, why he chooses a certain shot, the position he wants to achieve, and how he is going to hit the shot. This alone was worth the price for me, as it has already helped me see 8 ball patterns better. Instead of looking at how I normally view a rack, I find myself thinking, "how would max run it"...

I still have a lot of content to get through, but just the bit I have seen so far has definitely helped my game. I don't know that there is anything groundbreaking that you won't find in Lowery's stuff (which is great BTW), but the way the content is laid out, from mental approach, to fundamentals, to running racks has clicked with me.

Eberle seems like a good guy, his instruction method keeps me interested and engaged, and I am happy I purchased his videos...YMMV

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
Max is a wonderful player and yes, he loves the game. He is indeed a great guy to hang out with. Max was giving lessons to a mutual friend of ours, and I watched that guy's game explode. I mean leaps & bounds in no time, and it was all based on fundamental stuff. Max had the guy in robot mode, approaching and executing every shot like clockwork, just predictably perfect every single time. Granted the guy had some talent to begin with, but man his game rocketed under Max's tutelage.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just don't mention anything about the Earth being round. You'll regret ever being born.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Max is a wonderful player and yes, he loves the game. He is indeed a great guy to hang out with. Max was giving lessons to a mutual friend of ours, and I watched that guy's game explode. I mean leaps & bounds in no time, and it was all based on fundamental stuff. Max had the guy in robot mode, approaching and executing every shot like clockwork, just predictably perfect every single time. Granted the guy had some talent to begin with, but man his game rocketed under Max's tutelage.

I can definitely see this with the way he stresses fundamentals in his videos.

SupremeBilliard

Thanks for this post, I had never heard of Max before. After watching a short youtube video I can tell this guy knows his stuff and explains things thoughtfully.