To Whom It May Concern (probably the moderator)

StudntofHmanMvs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So are there specific instructors that are going to be answering our questions? Or is it like ask the cuemaker, in that any instructor on here could reply?
The reason I'm asking is I'm just envisioning someone asking a question that's really important to them, and then maybe like a buncha know-it-alls, such as myself, just start firing off THEIR advice, but none of em are instructors. Then the person with the original question might just be worse off then before (s)he asked the question. LOL! You feel me?

...I do think this is a pretty sweet addition to the forums though.

speakers

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven't been on the forum very much lately, so I just found this new section and think it might be a good idea too. I'm just curious as to why it was added, did there seem to be a real need to seperate it from the general forum? The general forum does get a lot of various topics, so it is easy to lose a thread and hopefully having a specific "asking for help" section will help us find those threads. Doesn't really matter to me, but it will definately be a section that I keep an eye on.

But in regard to your original question, I would like to see the instructors take it upon themselves to list their qualifications or title in their signature/id/profile. But at the same time, I don't think I want the moderators to restrict it to ONLY instructors. There are a ton of great people on this forum that have a lot of experience and knowledge of the game to share, whether they're instructors or not and I think it would be a shame to not let them pipe in if needed. Maybe instead of "ask the instructor" it could just be "ask for playing advice" or "mechanics of the game" something to designate that this is the place to ask for playing advice. Know what I mean?

I've been on here for less than a year, and I've already come to my own conclusions about some of the members and the advice they give (good and bad :eek: ). And I've also identified some of the member's real life experiences and qualifications from books, videos and articles that they have written or referenced and in some cases, their professional playing experience. Just like real life I guess, we'll have to form our own opinions on how "qualified" they are to answer our questions and take what we can from their advice.