laminated dufferin?

barking

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
did dufferin make a laminated shaft in the 80 s for their alum jointed butterfly cues?

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dufferin did make a laminated shaft with the aluminum joint (pin in shaft). However, the flyer I have, dated 1989, shows it as standard on only the "Signature" model DL2200, which was a plain jane without butterflies. The ad copy reads as follows:
Laminated Shaft
Only Dufferin offers the exclusive feature of laminated maple shafts. Designed for the most demanding and serious players, these are the finest and stiffest shafts available. Made from 14 plys of pure White Canadian rock maple, the Dufferin laminated shaft provides the least amount of distortion and flex when striking the ball. More of the power from the player's stroke is transferred to the ball. Individual plys also act as further protection against warpage. Available on model DL2200.​

The aluminum joint was standard on many different models, so the laminated shaft would screw on to any of those models. However, Dufferin joint diameters were not always consistent, so interchanging shafts might not produce a perfect fit in terms of joint diameters.

Last edited:

barking

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
that sounds like the shaft i have. the butt appears to be laminated too. plays great anyway. looks like the meucci laminated shafts. they even left the chevrons up in snooker style.wonder how common they are?

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The ones that I played with were PJ's with a red and white wrap. One of them played amazing. Played like the few 314's that I have liked.