Hard to answer with seeing

Catahula

I said "SIT!"
Silver Member
My question is this.
I consistently find myself hitting on the right of where I am aiming on the cue ball. This is particularly noticeable on shots with increased speed (break shots). Without seeing my stroke I know this is practicably impossible to diagnose but where can I start looking for the likely culprit and what drills could I use to try and isolate the flaw in my stroke. I am looking at twisting the wrist right before impact as well as placement of my eyes during setup.
I want centerball (i'm sure we all do).
Suggestions welcome.
thanks,
Tommy

Donny Lutz

Ferrule Cat
Silver Member
Instructor?

My question is this.
I consistently find myself hitting on the right of where I am aiming on the cue ball. This is particularly noticeable on shots with increased speed (break shots). Without seeing my stroke I know this is practicably impossible to diagnose but where can I start looking for the likely culprit and what drills could I use to try and isolate the flaw in my stroke. I am looking at twisting the wrist right before impact as well as placement of my eyes during setup.
I want centerball (i'm sure we all do).
Suggestions welcome.
thanks,
Tommy

A qualified instructor can probably watch you shoot a couple shots and solve your problem..

Forgive me, but your avatar troubles me. My dog was shot in the head in 1977 by a couple teenagers who shot seven dogs "for fun"...

Pidge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does it look like you are lined up at centre cue ball? Does it look like you pull the cue straight back? I would suggest looking into your vision centre. Here is a link of a thread I started a while back addressing how having the eyes in the wrong position can deceive us into thinking we are aimed at centre cue ball. There is also a quick 5 minute test to determine if your eyes are in the correct position over the cue and line of aim. Take the test and if it turns out you have your vision centre correctly aligned then you can count this out of the equation and move onto some other forms of self diagnosis. Good luck.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=378397

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A qualified instructor can probably watch you shoot a couple shots and solve your problem..

Forgive me, but your avatar troubles me. My dog was shot in the head in 1977 by a couple teenagers who shot seven dogs "for fun"...

Yeah, what is the mindset for a person to post a horrible avatar like that? It makes me never want to offer this person any kind of help whatsoever.

pooltchr

Prof. Billiard Instructor
Silver Member
Yeah, what is the mindset for a person to post a horrible avatar like that? It makes me never want to offer this person any kind of help whatsoever.

As an animal lover who works with several animal rescue groups, I totally agree.
Steve

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Donny...I'm surprised at your age that you don't remember this picture. It was on the cover of an early edition of National Lampoon Magazine, with the caption, "Buy this magazine, or the dog get's it!" LOL Very funny at the time. Certainly no malicious intent on Tommy's part, and as I said, he's had that avatar since signing up here many years ago. Oh...and one more thing...Tommy is a huge dog lover and has had dogs all his life.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Last edited:

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just thought I'd repost this thread, as there's been a lot of talk lately about driving regular posters away due to the behavior of some forum members.

Chastizing a long time forum member for asking a question, just because you don't understand (or "get") their avatar, is what drives people away. Catahula has been on here almost since the beginning, as have I, and used to be a much more regular poster. It's sad that the one time he posts a pool-related honest question, he gets driven off again. Come back Tommy...lots of us know you here! :thumbup:

Scott Lee

Donny...I'm surprised at your age that you don't remember this picture. It was on the cover of an early edition of National Lampoon Magazine, with the caption, "Buy this magazine, or the dog get's it!" LOL Very funny at the time. Certainly no malicious intent on Tommy's part, and as I said, he's had that avatar since signing up here many years ago. Oh...and one more thing...Tommy is a huge dog lover and has had dogs all his life.

Scott Lee

Donny Lutz

Ferrule Cat
Silver Member
Chastize?

I just thought I'd repost this thread, as there's been a lot of talk lately about driving regular posters away due to the behavior of some forum members.

Chastizing a long time forum member for asking a question, just because you don't understand (or "get") their avatar, is what drives people away. Catahula has been on here almost since the beginning, as have I, and used to be a much more regular poster. It's sad that the one time he posts a pool-related honest question, he gets driven off again. Come back Tommy...lots of us know you here! :thumbup:

Scott Lee

I didn't chastise him for "asking a question". In fact, I think I gave a reasonable answer. The avatar was a separate issue.

This was the first time I saw this avatar, and it troubled me. Saying so is exercising my freedom of speech, no?

I watched my dog whimper every time he heard a gunshot or firecracker for nine years after he was shot in the head and lost his left eye. I have a lot of compassion for all animals, including humans...I understand that many people just don't get this...

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Scott Lee

scott i must admit i respecfully disagree with you on this particular poster
he WAS given advice regarding his pool problem
AND he was told his avatar is distasteful to some including me
i dont think posters who ask questions in what appears to be a sincere effort to learn are CHASTISED
jmho
icbw

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member

Attachments

• 3116706556_fae8ffc956_z.jpg
    3116706556_fae8ffc956_z.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 124