Jayson Shaw victim of cheating

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
World 14.1 and Derby are two major events where Jayson has been on the receiving end of bad calls.

I do not know pros personally but do people have it "out" for him?

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
World 14.1 and Derby are two major events where Jayson has been on the receiving end of bad calls.

In the old days they would describe an abused women as..."asking for it". Based on your post I think..."you are asking for it". Go grab the umbrella. S-storm coming.

Attachments

• 3f874d578c80f32b2dedf3b8202181ee.jpg
    3f874d578c80f32b2dedf3b8202181ee.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 3,517

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Let’s start with the 14.1 situation.....it was not a bad call.
Jayson was being a nit

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
-warning- troll alert-

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
Let’s start with the 14.1 situation.....it was not a bad call.
Jayson was being a nit

Forget bad call. Horribly officiated match. The guy responsible to watch over the match walks away, misses what happened, then gets it wrong, then make this huge Napoleon-esk speech about how busy he was over there. Just make the call. Right or Wrong it's not about you.

Jason acted poorly. It's been discussed. Put dirt over it.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I remember a couple of threads at the U S Open discussing Shaw getting some questionable officiating in his favor.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
forget bad call. Horribly officiated match. The guy responsible to watch over the match walks away, misses what happened, then gets it wrong, then make this huge napoleon-esk speech about how busy he was over there. Just make the call. Right or wrong it's not about you.

Jason acted poorly. It's been discussed. Put dirt over it.

0EF6A50C-3C62-4BCF-8DFC-1B14960474D0.jpeg

——-———-

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From what i saw of both calls- I think that Jason should just play the game and be quiet in reference to both of the calls- he shows no class and also a lack of confidence - if i am playing ANYONE for any amount of money or not and they are CLEARLY shooting at say the 2 ball and call it the 4 ball in error, I am NOT calling a foul- that is MY take on sportsmanship- rules aside- pool really does reveal the character of a man- does it not?

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
Heres a quick story, not about Shaw but this thread reminded me of it. A few years ago I was in Olathe at a big bar table tournament, seems like around 100 players...top notch talent for sure. Anyway, two guys are playing and one of them fouls, there was no TD around because the shot was in a simple run out but what happend was the shooter moved a ball by accident and it was directly in the path of the cue ball. They argue for a minute and then get the TD and they came over and picked the cue ball up and said foul :confused: I could be wrong but if no one is watching a shot is that the right way to handle it:shrug:

kor b

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From what i saw of both calls- I think that Jason should just play the game and be quiet in reference to both of the calls- he shows no class and also a lack of confidence - if i am playing ANYONE for any amount of money or not and they are CLEARLY shooting at say the 2 ball and call it the 4 ball in error, I am NOT calling a foul- that is MY take on sportsmanship- rules aside- pool really does reveal the character of a man- does it not?

Yes it does.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If a ref is called upon to call it, then what he calls is what is right. Move on with it, imo.

If ref is way wrong, that is an issue, surely...but a separate one and the midst of a game within a match within a tourney is NOT the right occasion or venue to deal with it.

Heres a quick story, not about Shaw but this thread reminded me of it. A few years ago I was in Olathe at a big bar table tournament, seems like around 100 players...top notch talent for sure. Anyway, two guys are playing and one of them fouls, there was no TD around because the shot was in a simple run out but what happend was the shooter moved a ball by accident and it was directly in the path of the cue ball. They argue for a minute and then get the TD and they came over and picked the cue ball up and said foul :confused: I could be wrong but if no one is watching a shot is that the right way to handle it:shrug:

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
If a ref is called upon to call it, then what he calls is what is right. Move on with it, imo.

Exactly, whats crazy is when a ref or TD is no where in sight, in this case outside actually and comes in and then calls a foul. THey have no way of knowing the exact situation.

btown

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I am guessing she used the 6inch that way and 6inch the other way rule. haha

Seen it called in Cahokia also.

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Always in it.

My 67 years has taught me life ain't fair and my parents taught me how to deal with things in life that ain't fair. You can make the best of it in a self controlled and mature way, or you can handle it like and adolescent and through a hissy fit and have a melt down.

Why is it pros like Shane, Niels, Efren, Ralph, Alex, etc. can go through life and long careers relatively unscathed and exhibiting self control, while Shaw is in some controversy every so often? Is it because of the way they handle controversy and life's obstacles?

From what I read on AZ Shaw was given advantage by the ref when he played KO in the 2017 U.S. Open, it was bad enough for Ko to issue a statement on social media about it. Did Ko throw a hissy fit when he was the victim of bad calls, no he did not, what would Shaw of done?

Shaw had and issue with another player when Shaw was alleged to have grabbed his body parts when he was celebrating his pal Melling's birthday. I think he also over slept and missed his match that morning, well have another one.

Shaw got into it with Earl when the ref ruled against him he threw balls off of the table and pointed the butt of his cue at Earl.

He got mad at Shane, accused him and Dennis of cheating, raked the balls on Shane and walked off.

Shaw is exhibiting a trend in his behavior and I believe if it continues his place as a top tier rotation player will not last. My 2 cents guys.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But maybe it is that fire/ passion/ drive that makes him great?

Who is anyone else to tell him how to act?

Flip side: who is he to tell you me he she we how to act?
My 67 years has taught me life ain't fair and my parents taught me how to deal with things in life that ain't fair. You can make the best of it in a self controlled and mature way, or you can handle it like and adolescent and through a hissy fit and have a melt down.

Why is it pros like Shane, Niels, Efren, Ralph, Alex, etc. can go through life and long careers relatively unscathed and exhibiting self control, while Shaw is in some controversy every so often? Is it because of the way they handle controversy and life's obstacles?

From what I read on AZ Shaw was given advantage by the ref when he played KO in the 2017 U.S. Open, it was bad enough for Ko to issue a statement on social media about it. Did Ko throw a hissy fit when he was the victim of bad calls, no he did not, what would Shaw of done?

Shaw had and issue with another player when Shaw was alleged to have grabbed his body parts when he was celebrating his pal Melling's birthday. I think he also over slept and missed his match that morning, well have another one.

Shaw got into it with Earl when the ref ruled against him he threw balls off of the table and pointed the butt of his cue at Earl.

He got mad at Shane, accused him and Dennis of cheating, raked the balls on Shane and walked off.

Shaw is exhibiting a trend in his behavior and I believe if it continues his place as a top tier rotation player will not last. My 2 cents guys.

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But maybe it is that fire/ passion/ drive that makes him great?

Who is anyone else to tell him how to act?

Flip side: who is he to tell you me he she we how to act?

The PGA tells its pros how to act. We need that unity in pool to eliminate ugly behavior. If the BCA still had authority and suspended Shaw you wouldn’t be here making dumb statements.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Exactly, whats crazy is when a ref or TD is no where in sight, in this case outside actually and comes in and then calls a foul. THey have no way of knowing the exact situation.

The only way I could see that being ok is if both players agreed on what happened, but they weren’t sure if it was a foul or not. Then the ref could tell them whether or not it was a foul, according to the rules of the event.