Questions about Pechauer extension

moose man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello all,

Does anyone have this carbon fiber extension and know the diameter and bumper thread? Also, if you have this extension, what's your general opinion of it?

I've been looking at the Pechauer carbon fiber 8" cue extension on the interweb, and I think it looks pretty interesting. I'm curious if anybody knows if the threads in the butt end of the Pechauer cues is 3/8-16? This extension kit comes with a replacement bumper and some weight bolts, if they are 3/8-16 and the diameter matches my cue, I'm thinking this setup might work well on my Diviney. If anyone can take some calipers and measure the extension where it mates with the cue, I would be very appreciative.

Thank you!
Mooseman

simco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1/2 x 13 tpi for weight bolt i believe,but the extension itself has pechauer QR thread

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
Hello all,

Does anyone have this carbon fiber extension and know the diameter and bumper thread? Also, if you have this extension, what's your general opinion of it?

I've been looking at the Pechauer carbon fiber 8" cue extension on the interweb, and I think it looks pretty interesting. I'm curious if anybody knows if the threads in the butt end of the Pechauer cues is 3/8-16? This extension kit comes with a replacement bumper and some weight bolts, if they are 3/8-16 and the diameter matches my cue, I'm thinking this setup might work well on my Diviney. If anyone can take some calipers and measure the extension where it mates with the cue, I would be very appreciative.

Thank you!
Mooseman
I have no idea what the thread type is, but I do have the extension and can vouch for its quality. I don't play with it attached all the time, but it has a good snug fit when you put it on to reach shots. It's light weight so it doesn't add a lot of bulk to my cue when attached or to my case when I'm lugging it around. Also I think the length is perfect for helping you reach shots without being hard to fit in your case in a front pocket.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

okrad

I have no idea what the thread type is, but I do have the extension and can vouch for its quality. I don't play with it attached all the time, but it has a good snug fit when you put it on to reach shots. It's light weight so it doesn't add a lot of bulk to my cue when attached or to my case when I'm lugging it around. Also I think the length is perfect for helping you reach shots without being hard to fit in your case in a front pocket.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Is the black bumper screw thingy (the one that comes with the extension) metal or some sort of plastic?

skiergd011013

how do these install? I just got a new custom pechauer and would like to get one of these. Their website says the new bottom plug that the extension attaches to replaces the current rubber bumper. Is the current bumper threaded in, or just pressure fitted/pushed in? Does the new plug/adapter that comes with the extension still act as a rubber bumper? because I do not intend on leaving the extension attached full time, only when i need it. It also says it comes with weight screws. I assume those are only for if you leave this thing attached full time? I do not want to mess with the cue very much to install this. Im hoping it is fairly plug and play.

Banger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have one. The kit comes with a set weight bolts, the new bumper, and two Allen wrenches. You remove the original rubber bumper, make adjustments to the cue weight, with the weight bolts (if you so desire), and then install the new bumper. The new bumper is rubber, but it has a steel insert, and is screwed into the butt, with one of the Allen wrenches. And that's it.

It is expensive, but it is a very nice extension. I'm glad I got it.

Edit: Oh, and it does come with instructions.

skiergd011013

I have one. The kit comes wit a set weight bolts, the new bumper, and two Allen wrenches. You remove the original rubber bumper, make adjustments to the cue weight, with the weight bolts (if you so desire), and then install the new bumper. The new bumper is rubber, but it has a steel insert, and is screwed into the butt, with one of the Allen wrenches. And that's it.

It is expensive, but it is a very nice extension. I'm glad I got it.
how do you remove the original rubber bumper? is it threaded, or pressed in?

Logandgriff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hello all,

Thank you!
Mooseman
I use one on my Pechauer and it is just fine and looks high quality. I also have a Mezz and a Viking extension and they are just fine too. Surprisingly the Viking is the best, machined out of metal and absolutely beautiful.

skiergd011013

It's just a rubber plug. It does have (rubber) threads, so you might be able to unscrew it. Or, just pry it out (which is what the instructions say to do).
Ahh. So once it's out, there are existing threads in the butt that the new adapter threads right into? Got it

TheBasics

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Howdy All;

My Lady friend is from the South and pronounces that Cue co's. name as if it were a male appendage.
Also sez I don't need one. chucklin'

hank

rkahl63

I have the extension and have the same problem with two extension plugs. The rubber compresses over time and you can no longer get the extension to screw onto the butt. You can see in the pictures how the rubber has compressed just from the weight of the cue if left standing upright. When the rubber end piece is new it is straight and fits into the slight taper of the extension easily. I emailed Pechauer support and was having a lengthy discussion over about 4 days sending pictures that they asked for and after the last group of pictures they asked for they ghosted me & I haven't had a reply from them in 2 weeks, even after I asked them if they needed any more pictures. I originally asked if I could just buy replacement rubber and not the whole bolt & rubber together ($20 plus shipping from their web site).

Attachments

• 20220412_171525.jpg
    20220412_171525.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 62
  • 20220412_171639.jpg
    20220412_171639.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 85
  • 20220412_171749.jpg
    20220412_171749.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 70
  • 20220412_171841.jpg
    20220412_171841.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 75
  • 20220413_174556.jpg
    20220413_174556.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 83
  • 20220413_174600.jpg
    20220413_174600.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 61
  • 20220413_174746.jpg
    20220413_174746.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 75

skiergd011013

I have the extension and have the same problem with two extension plugs. The rubber compresses over time and you can no longer get the extension to screw onto the butt. You can see in the pictures how the rubber has compressed just from the weight of the cue if left standing upright. When the rubber end piece is new it is straight and fits into the slight taper of the extension easily. I emailed Pechauer support and was having a lengthy discussion over about 4 days sending pictures that they asked for and after the last group of pictures they asked for they ghosted me & I haven't had a reply from them in 2 weeks, even after I asked them if they needed any more pictures. I originally asked if I could just buy replacement rubber and not the whole bolt & rubber together ($20 plus shipping from their web site).
do you store the cue upright resting on the rubber when not in use? I keep mine in a case, rubber side up, when not in use. im surprised they are not helping you. I thought their cues were guaranteed for life? So, worst case scenario, you need to buy the $20 plug again?

Last edited:

rkahl63

do you store the cue upright resting on the rubber when not in use? I keep mine in a case, rubber side up, when not in use. im surprised they are not helping you. I thought their cues were guaranteed for life? So, worst case scenario, you need to buy the $20 plug again?
I play league 3 nights a week so it is resting on the butt for 6-7 hours each night I play. I store in a butterfly case horizontally when not playing. Yeah, I'll probably buy another plug but I was hoping to just buy the rubber piece for a little less & buy 4 @ at a time. I get that it's a soft rubber and will wear out. It is lasting about 6-9 months.
68221454d34e5b1d76286bbb77b446bd.jpg

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk

rkahl63

Hello all,

Thank you!
Mooseman
It looks like 24mm where the rubber starts and 13mm for the butt plug diameter, Sorry, don't know the thread for the plug.
bd2c4ecf27e4cf8efbb25c1d5825d8e8.jpg
a1d4b74eea1f52283e1cb37392119e74.jpg

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk