My Varney Experience!!!! No pics!

cajunbarboxplyr

Beatem down wit a Varney
Silver Member
Well i siad I was gona give a review and so I shall...... now it wont be all technical and fancy and nice and clean like most but a basic rundown of how great a Varney really is!

First of all........ Nice clean cue. Finish was the satin SW style . I really dig this finish.... kinda lightly not really tacky feel which is good. I like that.. 60" to fit my long wingspan!

The shaft was right on to my specs. I love a LONG taper....I love a shaft to be 12.75mm for more than half of the length of the shaft. Just my perference.. Not too stiff but definately NOT a noodle. No whip really at all.. Deflects quite low.....and the squirt isnt a issue!

The weight. Between 18.5-19oz....... I love a light cue....the lightness with the big pin in hte joint adds better feel IMO. The balance is quite well done!...

I am big pin fan. 3/8x10 or 11 is my calling and is what I like....the big pin with a wood-2-wood joint has a great feel that runs thru the cue....I like to feel the cueball im hitting.

All in all I requested the cue to my specs and I got a Monster player with that and then some.......Tonite was a new session in my APA 9 ball league and what a better night than to really let this cue go!

Im a 7 in 9 ball and 1 of the highest rated in the league...we dont really have ALOT of strong players but LOADS of low ranked players. Everyone knows everyone and their speed so sandbanging isnt too much a issue...

I had to play the highest rated player in our League. He is a 9. and a damn fine player I might add!

So the race was 75(9) to 55(7). At 1 point he had me 40-9.. He would either play safe or runout and I couldnt capitalize right off......I was fully adjusted to the cue yet but hey its league....

I caught a gear and took off.......... Ending score was Him-65 and I-55...I won... in 16 innings. I had 2 break-runs and 1 9/break and he had 1 break and run... Our match maybe took 30 minutes....Yes this is jsut APA and it doesnt amount to shit really but in our area its pretty big and so I take pride in bein a 7 and only been playing for a little over 4 years...

I love this cue! The hit.... the solid feel of it.......Great balance..........

I encourage most to all to try a Varney jsut to know what a good cue feels like.......yes I know there are some great hittin Players out there.....but for the price and workmenship. Varney is jsut simply great!!!!!!!!

ericdraven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cajunbarboxplyr said:
Well i siad I was gona give a review and so I shall...... now it wont be all technical and fancy and nice and clean like most but a basic rundown of how great a Varney really is!

First of all........ Nice clean cue. Finish was the satin SW style . I really dig this finish.... kinda lightly not really tacky feel which is good. I like that.. 60" to fit my long wingspan!

The shaft was right on to my specs. I love a LONG taper....I love a shaft to be 12.75mm for more than half of the length of the shaft. Just my perference.. Not too stiff but definately NOT a noodle. No whip really at all.. Deflects quite low.....and the squirt isnt a issue!

The weight. Between 18.5-19oz....... I love a light cue....the lightness with the big pin in hte joint adds better feel IMO. The balance is quite well done!...

I am big pin fan. 3/8x10 or 11 is my calling and is what I like....the big pin with a wood-2-wood joint has a great feel that runs thru the cue....I like to feel the cueball im hitting.

All in all I requested the cue to my specs and I got a Monster player with that and then some.......Tonite was a new session in my APA 9 ball league and what a better night than to really let this cue go!

Im a 7 in 9 ball and 1 of the highest rated in the league...we dont really have ALOT of strong players but LOADS of low ranked players. Everyone knows everyone and their speed so sandbanging isnt too much a issue...

I had to play the highest rated player in our League. He is a 9. and a damn fine player I might add!

So the race was 75(9) to 55(7). At 1 point he had me 40-9.. He would either play safe or runout and I couldnt capitalize right off......I was fully adjusted to the cue yet but hey its league....

I caught a gear and took off.......... Ending score was Him-65 and I-55...I won... in 16 innings. I had 2 break-runs and 1 9/break and he had 1 break and run... Our match maybe took 30 minutes....Yes this is jsut APA and it doesnt amount to shit really but in our area its pretty big and so I take pride in bein a 7 and only been playing for a little over 4 years...

I love this cue! The hit.... the solid feel of it.......Great balance..........

I encourage most to all to try a Varney jsut to know what a good cue feels like.......yes I know there are some great hittin Players out there.....but for the price and workmenship. Varney is jsut simply great!!!!!!!!

nice review and congrats (thumbs up ) varney cues are awesome.

Varney Cues

Handcrafted quality!
Silver Member
Thank you gentlemen! As all who know me know....I stress playability first & foremost with my cues. Its a pleasure to have you as a member of the Varney family Cajun! I look forward to building you more cues in the future.
Below is a pic of Cajun's cue....he ordered, and I quote...."an ole' bar box beater".:D

Attachments

• 080506_c.JPG
    080506_c.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 363
Last edited:

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I have nothing to add but a pic of Varney.

Attachments

• jim_varney_toy_story_2_001.jpg
    jim_varney_toy_story_2_001.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 351

Varney Cues

Handcrafted quality!
Silver Member
JoeyInCali said:
I have nothing to add but a pic of Varney.

Hey Joey....I actually met that guy at a Clemson football game one year. He's an absolute riot....funnier in person than on the screen. Wish I would of been related to him....cha-ching!!!!:D

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Varney Cues said:
Hey Joey....I actually met that guy at a Clemson football game one year. He's an absolute riot....funnier in person than on the screen. Wish I would of been related to him....cha-ching!!!!:D
Dude was funny in his saturday morning show.
We used to watch.

bnall

<---Proud Dad
Silver Member
Varney Cues said:

Believe or not he is actually from the town that I live in or maybe it was one of his wives.

Last edited: