Vintage Gina I picked up

Grantstew

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey All,

What do you think of this beauty? Picked up in Germany, this cue has sat in a case for the last 20 years.

Info from Ernie:

Hello Grant
That cue is one of 6 made with the same design 5 with silver plates and 1 with 18k gold, of those 6 it is 1 of 2 only with inlay shafts. All of those cues are in private collections one of them being the one I made for Ronnie Allen that is all I can remember, you have a rare cue enjoy it. Oh... there are 4 made with Brazilian rosewood and 2 made with Gabon ebony.
Regards
Ernie G.

Some digging I did myself has me believe that Carter CC Collins was a drummer who played with Tim Buckley in the late 60s, and was involved in the civil rights movements in the 1970s. This would fit in with the Struggle '73 plaque.

Hope you enjoy the photos...

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
That's a special cue right there... It's even more special if it was a drummer's! :thumbup:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow.

A real piece of history. Spectacular find.

And of course Skins will be strutting around because it's a drummer's cue, so we'll just tolerate that. :D:wink:

The condition is amazing. :thumbup:

Grantstew

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The condition is not that great, the butt and one shaft are pretty damn straight, the other shaft has scores in it from where the owner broke open the case in the absence of a key (I know, I know :(). There are plenty of little dings around the place as well, but the ivory is intact. It's my first proper vintage cue, so it's hard to estimate condition in relative terms. I was a little worried about the line below the points, until I saw pics from Ernie of the gold one which looked in spectacular condition and had a similar line, must have been the construction technique used. I will take better photos when the cue is in my hands, right now it's sitting at a good friend's house in Germany, who did me a huge favour by acting as a go between in the deal. Glad you are liking it :D

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The condition is not that great, the butt and one shaft are pretty damn straight, the other shaft has scores in it from where the owner broke open the case in the absence of a key (I know, I know :(). There are plenty of little dings around the place as well, but the ivory is intact. It's my first proper vintage cue, so it's hard to estimate condition in relative terms. I was a little worried about the line below the points, until I saw pics from Ernie of the gold one which looked in spectacular condition and had a similar line, must have been the construction technique used. I will take better photos when the cue is in my hands, right now it's sitting at a good friend's house in Germany, who did me a huge favour by acting as a go between in the deal. Glad you are liking it :D

This is your first vintage cue?

Touchdown! Score!

I understand there are some issues, but I think it's in pretty good shape considering the age etc...

63Kcode

AKA Larry Vigus
Silver Member
Thanks for posting the pictures! Cues like this are the reason I check in here everyday!

Larry

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This really is a special cue

i think i saw one close to it that Gina made for Ronnie allen
the best cue ever at the time
for the best player at his time

your cue is a bit fancier,but both had the sharks teeth

your scrim or whatever is really out of this world

I agere with Larry
this cue is what i keep looking,to see and enjoy

Last edited:

JimmyRayK

Gina collector
Silver Member
Ernie was so far ahead of his time. Nobody was doing anything close to this in this era. What a fukn pioneer he is.

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cue

Beautiful Cue with a great History, like Jimmy said Ernie was way ahead of his time. That is a cue you wish could talk. Congratulations on a real find.