Mark Gregory Centennial Photos

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WOW!! Art-Deco masterpiece. That wood grain is ridiculous. Prettiest pool table i've ever seen.

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
What a great table, and it looks like it belongs in that room!

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow!

I love Centennial's a late friend of mine had one redone by a local table person and it looked nothing like yours. What a great restoration job by Mark Gregory you must be thrilled.

CJH

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That table is amazing, Chris..I'm so happy you own it..but please tell me that isn't a metal bridge head...if it is..I want to mail you down a late Christmas gift. :)

LOL - so funny you noticed that. It's the same POS I have always had. I hardly ever used it on the 8' table but now that thing is in play pretty often. I need to get a new one for sure.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
What makes Mark's work different than everyone else's work on tables like yours is his ability as an artist to look at what someone else has done, Brunswick in this case, and turn it into his own work of art. Mark is not all that interested in polishing up a pool table of original design and build, then calling it his work of art because he knows it's not, it's still original, with some shine added to it. Mark looks at the design of a table like yours and says, if they'd have just done this or that to the table when they built it, it would have played better when it was first designed, and if they'd taken their time they could have really built a beautiful pool table, not that it wasn't already a beautiful pool table to begin with, but it could have been outrageous if they'd have just done this or that, or used this kind of wood instead of that kind of wood, of finished it like this instead of that.

Mark is not trying to ride Brunswick's coat tail to try and sell the pool tables he builds, no....he leaves that ride to everyone else who claims to sell restored original Centennial or Anniversary pool tables at high dollar prices. Mark picks up where Brunswick left off, and turns the pool tables into his own work of art, not polished copies of the original table. Don't get me wrong, Mark can refurbish and rebuild any table like this one to its original build and design, better than any one, and I mean ANY one else could ever hope to do....but what would the fun be in doing that? Mark is building ORIGINALS, unlike anything that has ever been built in the past....by anyone! Looking at the pictures of this beautiful pool table, everyone sees the artistic work Mark put into it with his own created original work of art, but that's just the skin of the table. What you can't see is the bones under that beautiful outer skin, the rail design, the rail build, the redesign of the ball box, the improvements in the leg pedestals. Who in their right mind would pay $75,000 for a Shelby SN500....if it didn't come with a motor? The MOTOR in a pool table.....is its playability. Mark and I talk about this all the time, playability. Regardless of how beautiful a pool table may look when you first see it, it's still a piece of shit if it don't play right!
Mark and I have spent years talking about this very subject, the miter angles, down angles, sub rail designed, materials used....until we can't stand it anymore, then we still discuss it....LOL because that's what it takes to determine the peak playabilty of the cushions we use and the rails we design, and I'm here to say, no one, and I mean NO ONE can build rails that out play the rails Mark builds because peak playabilty is just that....the best, they can only be mirrored to the exact same design....if you KNOW the ingredients first!!!

Sam at TAP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
????

Is this the same Mark Gregory that was from Pittsburgh that they called Maggots? I didn't know he was into table work like this. Nice work. He was one of the better players from Pitt. back in the day...Late 80's or so.

Is this the same Mark Gregory that was from Pittsburgh that they called Maggots? I didn't know he was into table work like this. Nice work. He was one of the better players from Pitt. back in the day...Late 80's or so.

Yeah...that's me.......lmao
Don't play much anymore......just working on tables everyday.
Miss playing in the Burgh.....lol
Mark Gregory

Sam at TAP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol

I didnt know you that well. Saw you at a few tourneys back then and said hi a few times. I played with the guys in Somerset. Dan Muhollen, Dave Damico and Mike Grebeck. All were top flight players back then. Not sure if you remember those guys.

Last edited:

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
WOW!!!!! Just wow!!!

If I had that table and room I would never leave, I would probably sleep in there with my table.:wink:

kbooks3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LOL - so funny you noticed that. It's the same POS I have always had. I hardly ever used it on the 8' table but now that thing is in play pretty often. I need to get a new one for sure.

Ok, I'm gonna mail you the best bridge I've ever used...I think you'll love it!