Marvin Yakos

jgpool

Cue ball draw with this?
Silver Member
He moved into a retirement community close to where I live. He is suppose to be a Pro pool player. I have not met him yet, I am going by what I have been told. I was just wondering if anyone had heard of him.

wakuljr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think I recovered his table up in the northwest corner of Mt. about 7-8 years ago.

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He moved into a retirement community close to where I live. He is suppose to be a Pro pool player. I have not met him yet, I am going by what I have been told. I was just wondering if anyone had heard of him.

I have never heard of him either, but it brings to mind a story a good player named Bill Mielke told me.
He said it was when he was playing really good, and he was travelling with a young guy, he thought he would have a real tough game with, giving him the 8 ball.
They heard about an old guy in a retirement home, that liked to bet it up playing 9 ball .
They go over, and the young guy starts playing the old man.
The old guy plays like superman running out from everywhere and beats the kid out of 240 or something like that at 30 a game.
Then the old man says, this games too easy, let's play some straight pool. lol
I wonder who that guy was!
By the way, Bill was from Milwaukee I think, the guy should probably know him.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have never heard of him either, but it brings to mind a story a good player named Bill Mielke told me.
He said it was when he was playing really good, and he was travelling with a young guy, he thought he would have a real tough game with, giving him the 8 ball.
They heard about an old guy in a retirement home, that liked to bet it up playing 9 ball .
They go over, and the young guy starts playing the old man.
The old guy plays like superman running out from everywhere and beats the kid out of 240 or something like that at 30 a game.
Then the old man says, this games too easy, let's play some straight pool. lol
I wonder who that guy was!
By the way, Bill was from Milwaukee I think, the guy should probably know him.

Could have been someone like Babyface or Al Miller, two very good players from that area who were a lot older than Bill.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Never heard of the guy.

Jay....maybe you heard of this guy.
A truck driver in Davenport IA told me about an old guy ( this was late 70s).who played
like Mosconi in Rapid City SD......he would only play nine ball for fifty cents a game....
...the truck driver, who played short stop speed, said he would lose ten or twenty to him
every time he went through ....cheapest lessons he ever got.

I wonder if Shane ever heard of him....long before his time.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jay....maybe you heard of this guy.
A truck driver in Davenport IA told me about an old guy ( this was late 70s).who played
like Mosconi in Rapid City SD......he would only play nine ball for fifty cents a game....
...the truck driver, who played short stop speed, said he would lose ten or twenty to him
every time he went through ....cheapest lessons he ever got.

I wonder if Shane ever heard of him....long before his time.

Shane's grandpa! The old man was a helluva player. He's like 90 now. Would have been in his 50's then.