Calcutta Payout

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And id reply to jojo and gar's most recent posts with the same:
It is all about core competences...the player plays and the money moneys.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was more a clarification of how it's done in our neighborhood then a bashing. And no names were mentioned in the original post

I can recall a tale where 5 figures was won in MD off a passer-thru by a dude who is notorious for not betting much.

People got behint him and said: bet.

You dont get that arrangement when there is no trust or perception of mutual benefit between parties.

btown

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On behalf of a pool player

All pool players do not expect something in return for nothing.

Speaking for myself personally I have been staked for large amounts and small.

I have been bought in countless blind bids..

I stopped buying half in some of these because I would go for double the field, I would tell the people who bought me, "I am sorry I cant buy half, this is a weekly tournament and i can't gamble this much because I work a full time job and money is valuable" mostly bar or 32 man weekly tournaments.

Not once have I ever expected a cut, but the cuts I have been given have been great!.

Sometimes the guys will give me a huge jelly roll, way more then one would expect. I try not to take it but I have learned after a while it is best to just accept it and offer back your loyalty, after all they would not offer it to you if they did not have it to give. But I would never expect nor ask for anything other then what I had personally won at that time.

These people also know I would never dump or think of dumping, they know I expect nothing, but know I am a playing to win for THEM!! 200% :)

Also there is people that do not give ANY jelly..

This is fine with me, and I understand it 100%, they are gambling.

They want good odds, it is simple for me to understand. I play just as hard for them people as well.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All pool players do not expect something in return for nothing.
Speaking for myself personally I have been staked for large amounts and small.
I have been bought in countless blind bids..
I stopped buying half in some of these because I would go for double the field, I would tell the people who bought me, "I am sorry I cant buy half, this is a weekly tournament and i can't gamble this much because I work a full time job and money is valuable" mostly bar or 32 man weekly tournaments.
Not once have I ever expected a cut, but the cuts I have been given have been great!.
Sometimes the guys will give me a huge jelly roll, way more then one would expect. I try not to take it but I have learned after a while it is best to just accept it and offer back your loyalty, after all they would not offer it to you if they did not have it to give. But I would never expect nor ask for anything other then what I had personally won at that time.
These people also know I would never dump or think of dumping, they know I expect nothing, but know I am a playing to win for THEM!! 200% :)
Also there is people that do not give ANY jelly..
This is fine with me, and I understand it 100%, they are gambling.
They want good odds, it is simple for me to understand. I play just as hard for them people as well.
You're a very wise man.
I don't know who you are, don't care to know, but the pool gambling world needs more like you, my man.
You're the kind who realizes there are no "entitlements" in this business we have chosen. I'd be likely to throw you a $50 or a $100 in a heartbeat for being a good "horse" in the race. And I have done so in the past to various winners and will continue to do so in the future.
Some of the so-called pool room detective know-it-alls around this chat site think that if someone disagrees with their ideas on an issue, then the person is some kind of terrible nit human.
When in reality, they themselves (the 'entitlement' crowd) are the ones who're out of the mainstream. As old Bert Gordon put it.....they're the born losers.
I like your style and dignity. You're a credit to the game.
I hope you win zillions and send 'em all home busted! Get 'em, pardner.
Keep on truckin'
:thumbup:

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Extortion, lmao. That's quite the leap. I also look for the best deal in everyday life, guess I'm a lifetime extortionist in your eyes.

If I have a wager on you, and you dump unless I cut you into that wager, is textbook extortion

jojopiff

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Extortion, lmao. That's quite the leap. I also look for the best deal in everyday life, guess I'm a lifetime extortionist in your eyes.

Quite the leap to assume I have any opinion on the rest of your life. What we are discussing, however, is the exact definition of extortion.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think we are closer than not on the matter.

Expect nothing an be happy when you get it, or expect in and be disappointed when it doesn't come? I know which way I'd rather spend my day...and dayS.
You're a very wise man.
I don't know who you are, don't care to know, but the pool gambling world needs more like you, my man.
You're the kind who realizes there are no "entitlements" in this business we have chosen. I'd be likely to throw you a $50 or a $100 in a heartbeat for being a good "horse" in the race. And I have done so in the past to various winners and will continue to do so in the future.
Some of the so-called pool room detective know-it-alls around this chat site think that if someone disagrees with their ideas on an issue, then the person is some kind of terrible nit human.
When in reality, they themselves (the 'entitlement' crowd) are the ones who're out of the mainstream. As old Bert Gordon put it.....they're the born losers.
I like your style and dignity. You're a credit to the game.
I hope you win zillions and send 'em all home busted! Get 'em, pardner.
Keep on truckin'
:thumbup:

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Quite the leap to assume I have any opinion on the rest of your life. What we are discussing, however, is the exact definition of extortion.

No it's not. Never said, give me money or I'll dump, that's extortion. Doing what's in my best interest is just that, my best interest. If you OFFER me something to make that "interest" also in your favor, without me asking, then extortion never enters into it.

jojopiff

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No it's not. Never said, give me money or I'll dump, that's extortion. Doing what's in my best interest is just that, my best interest. If you OFFER me something to make that "interest" also in your favor, without me asking, then extortion never enters into it.

Agree to disagree.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Not in the least. Two beers and your friendship might be the best deal, never know.

You are why people don't trust pool players. Hope $10 or a few beers is worth your integrity, guess you never had any to start with.

Same kinda BS jeanette lee pulled walking out cause the guy wouldnt sell her half, halfway through the tournament - another scumbag move.
Jason

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are why people don't trust pool players. Hope $10 or a few beers is worth your integrity, guess you never had any to start with.

Same kinda BS jeanette lee pulled walking out cause the guy wouldnt sell her half, halfway through the tournament - another scumbag move.
Jason

LMAO You should know what you are talking about before you post.
Two beers and a friend is better then dumping was the point.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Id surmise it is a matter of perspective, for both sides and on a per individual basis.

Do you feel people are good until they prove otherwise, or do you feel they arent, until they prove they are?

In the case we began discussing here, i think they both showed they arent good for each other.

End of pool partner relationship. No biggie. best for both, really.