Announcing: Straight Pool Score Card v1.0 (iPhone app)

klone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello Straight Pool fans,

If you own an iPhone here's an app to help you keep score easily: Straight Pool Score Card. Version 1.0 is released and available now on the App Store.

There are two in-app purchase options:

• Advanced Edition $1.99 - Disables screen lock. Tracks player's high run.
  • Pro Edition $3.99 - All the features of Advanced Edition, plus: No ads. Higher race limit (500 points).

If you run or operate a 14.1 league in your area please get in touch to qualify for a Pro Edition promo code. Include the following information:
  • Full name
  • Email address
  • Phone (optional)
  • Pool room(s) where the 14.1 league plays
  • City/Town and country of above
  • Number of active players in the 14.1 league

You can PM or email CrossCornerProductions@gmail.com.

Thank you and enjoy!

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
Hello Straight Pool fans,

If you own an iPhone here's an app to help you keep score easily: Straight Pool Score Card. Version 1.0 is released and available now on the App Store.

There are two in-app purchase options:

• Advanced Edition $1.99 - Disables screen lock. Tracks player's high run.
  • Pro Edition $3.99 - All the features of Advanced Edition, plus: No ads. Higher race limit (500 points).

If you run or operate a 14.1 league in your area please get in touch to qualify for a Pro Edition promo code. Include the following information:
  • Full name
  • Email address
  • Phone (optional)
  • Pool room(s) where the 14.1 league plays
  • City/Town and country of above
  • Number of active players in the 14.1 league

You can PM or email CrossCornerProductions@gmail.com.

Thank you and enjoy!

Will this work on my Samsung phone with android operating system???

Thanks

Kevin

klone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Will this work on my Samsung phone with android operating system???

Thanks

Kevin

Sorry, Kevin, but app is only for Apple iPhones only... maybe at a later time when I have more resources I can expand the platform comparability.

GrayBeard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I downloaded it to try it and the ads kept covering the start button. Would be nice if it worked in either vertical or horizontal orientation.

klone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I downloaded it to try it and the ads kept covering the start button. Would be nice if it worked in either vertical or horizontal orientation.

Thank you for downloading and providing valuable feedback. Are you using an iPhone 5/5S by any chance?

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
I am very interested in trying the app and have an iPhone. Is it available on iPad ?

I do run a 14.1 League on Long Island NY. And am curious to see what I can do with it as far as my league .

Thanks
Steve "the Commish" Kurtz

IMG_2247.jpg

klone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am very interested in trying the app and have an iPhone. Is it available on iPad ?

I do run a 14.1 League on Long Island NY. And am curious to see what I can do with it as far as my league .

Thanks
Steve "the Commish" Kurtz

View attachment 448648

Hello Steve,

It is optimized/tested on the iPhone but will also run on iPads just that the UI may not look right... I'm looking to take care of these UI problems in the next update.

Please check your PM. Thank you for promoting the game in NY!

BTW nice high runs! :thumbup:

klone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks to all of you who have tried the app and provided valuable feedback...

I'm pleased to notify you that version 1.2 is now live on the App Store and should resolve several annoying bugs, one being having to restore purchase every time. This version also works on iOS 9 or above, and looks better on the iPhone 5/5s/SE screen.

Thanks and enjoy. Again, your feedback is much appreciated.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Thanks to all of you who have tried the app and provided valuable feedback...

I'm pleased to notify you that version 1.2 is now live on the App Store and should resolve several annoying bugs, one being having to restore purchase every time. This version also works on iOS 9 or above, and looks better on the iPhone 5/5s/SE screen.

Thanks and enjoy. Again, your feedback is much appreciated.

I'm going to use it tonight to score one of my league matches, I'll write my review after i get to fully use the app. Looks great so far !!

RobD928

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
I've downloaded it on both my iPhone and iPad and it won't open. Comes up for a second and shuts down right away ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

klone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What iPhone/iPad models and what iOS version are they running? Thanks.

I've downloaded it on both my iPhone and iPad and it won't open. Comes up for a second and shuts down right away ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

klone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like a nasty bug has reared its head, sorry about that...

The bug hunt has started and a new version will be pushed out in the coming days.

Thanks for your support and your understanding!

iphone 6s plus and ipad air running the latest updates

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've got to be the one to put a stop to this technology fad. Smart phones will be a thing of the past in a few years. Then what are you gonna do? Kids will have to learn to tell time with minute and hour hands, and straight pool players will have to learn how to score with beads, as it should be done. Oh, and jump cues should be outlawed for straight pool... And straight pool matches are not races -- it ain't 9 ball.

Gotta go pick up some whale oil to light my kitchen table.

klone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes sir, nothing beats the feel of sliding scoring beads in a pool game, especially in 14.1.

Unfortunately many poolrooms don't have these beads strung up to accommodate 14.1 players - and maybe that's why the game isn't as popular as it could be? And I don't know many pool players who actually pack paper and pen to record 14.1 games.

So for now a smartphone app will do... :)

I've got to be the one to put a stop to this technology fad. Smart phones will be a thing of the past in a few years. Then what are you gonna do? Kids will have to learn to tell time with minute and hour hands, and straight pool players will have to learn how to score with beads, as it should be done. Oh, and jump cues should be outlawed for straight pool... And straight pool matches are not races -- it ain't 9 ball.

Gotta go pick up some whale oil to light my kitchen table.

klone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please download/update v1.3

Apple had just approved v1.3 not long ago so please update or download (link on my signature) this latest version. It should resolve the nasty bug that was causing the app to crash on various iOS devices.

Thanks for your bug reports and especially for your support of the sport.

klone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Version 1.4 is live! Now you can share your game results with the world... That's right, brag about the 125-and-out to your Facebook (or Twitter or whatever you use) friends and followers. :)

Thanks for your support!

klone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I understand, and I wish I have the resources to develop for Android too. But for now I'm one person, and this is also my first app. Maybe sometime in the future...

In the meantime, borrow an iPhone, iPod, or iPad?

Thanks for the feedback!

What about us poor saps with Android operating systems on our phones????

Kevin

klone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The latest app update v1.5 is available in the App Store! For Pro Edition customers you'll now be able to track number of safes and misses too.

Hope you enjoy the app and thanks for supporting the sport!