Meucci bar box w/ Pro shaft

moneytalks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've had a chance to play with my first Meucci ever, and I think they may have worked out the quality flaws people complain about. The shorter reinforced ferrule is strong enough to break with, and the finish quality is better than my custom cues. I personally like a cue with a soft hit, and I don't think you can do better then a Meucci in that regard. I've heard that the black dot shaft is crap, but I assure you that the pro shaft is top notch.

I do have my first Schon on the way, but I actually think it might go back on the market because the Meucci is my main player. I guess the point of this post is to recommend that you don't overlook Meucci because you read some bad reviews over the past decade. They are currently putting out some high quality cues that play great for a pretty reasonable price.

BigBoof

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a friend waiting for a pro shaft ordered directly from Meucci. Multiple promises that it will ship on Monday. Never has.

I think you can safely buy from a dealer who has the item in their hands, but not directly.

Glad you like your cue.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

moneytalks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ordered from Budget Billiards which I believe is owned by Bob Meucci's daughter. They are clearly understaffed, but otherwise the customer service was great. Maybe they are dealing with high demand for the Pro...

BigBoof

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm sure having product at the expo took priority but they've already said it will be in the mail a couple of times. I predict the shaft he finally receives will roll terribly.

This was my exact pattern with CDX. All gone a month after a 2nd shaft was sent to me.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I totally agree with you here OP. I've stayed away from Meucci for 20+ years & have a buddy that has close to 30 of them. One night I went to league with no cues because I was injured but the team needed me to shoot. I took my buddies Meucci with pro shaft & played so good with it I bought it.

I also ordered the Ultimate Weapon shaft to match from Bob at the expo & got it 2 weeks ago.

Been using my buddies Meucci breaker lately & it's been outperforming my custom break so I ordered one for myself plus the BMC black glass rose cue with pro & uw shaft.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I let a guy hit a few balls with my Meucci Pro shaft on my McDermott butt today and he told me to let him know if I ever want to sell it.