protocol for checking my place on the sw wait list

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
what's the easiest, most acceptable way of doing this? still have 4 or 5 years, but curiosity is getting the better of me.

Last edited:

asiasdad

Banned
I also ordered in 2005, and a recent call to Laurie let me know
that mine will start production around 2-2018.

I'm probably in the same batch with Martin

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
what's the easiest, most acceptable way of doing this? still have 4 or 5 years, but curiosity is getting the better of me.

If she's anything like Joel Hercek a periodic(every couple of years) email seems fine. He responds quickly but I don't bug him often at all. Been on his list since 2005 I think.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
They are falling farther and farther behind each year.

When you do order, order a good one. Don't hold back. I mean you waited 13+ years now. Get all the rings. Look at pics of other SW on the internet to get a feel for wood combos, wraps, veneers. I have seen some real ugly ones lately cause SW built what people ordered but I think to myself, you waited 13 years and that is what you came up with. :eek:

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
To my knowledge, there is Laurie as the shop manager so to say. Then Al and the cousin (well I think that was his relation) building the cues. They had two nephews (or some relation like that) that would come in and help clean up and do who knows what as well. They are all getting older. My guess is that the end is near and doubt if you are last on the list now you ever get one. They used to make 350-400 cues a year. Now 120-170.

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You SW list guy's blow my mind. 13 year's for a Cue. I must ask why? Yes I know it's your custom ordered, personal spec SW but why would you wait so many years when you can snag mint SW's that are new, been hit a few times, babied and pampered and can be playing it the next day from reputable SW dealer.

Life is short

Respectfully,

-Kat,

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Why not get on the list? They don't charge you a down payment.

Yes if you want to pay over the 'ordered price' then by all means buy one from a dealer. Keep the market sky high. I'll have over 12 of them, all unchalked to sell, in about 10 years. I'll be ready to cash in as well.

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member
They are falling farther and farther behind each year.

When you do order, order a good one. Don't hold back. I mean you waited 13+ years now. Get all the rings. Look at pics of other SW on the internet to get a feel for wood combos, wraps, veneers. I have seen some real ugly ones lately cause SW built what people ordered but I think to myself, you waited 13 years and that is what you came up with. :eek:
Hi Buddy,
that's not all true as she not have all the nice Woods as Long time ago:mad:
so People take a quick choice when her Name came up, most of them sells them when they are get it with her Profits, don't care how it looks:wink:
my 2 Cents
RG

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You SW list guy's blow my mind. 13 year's for a Cue. I must ask why? Yes I know it's your custom ordered, personal spec SW but why would you wait so many years when you can snag mint SW's that are new, been hit a few times, babied and pampered and can be playing it the next day from reputable SW dealer.

Life is short

Respectfully,

-Kat,

There's no law saying you have to use a house cue in the meantime.

Sold the one I had in January and I'm missing having one around.