PPV Streams

daphish1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why are PPV streams still the primary method of watching top pool tournaments? The recent free streamed match of Tony Chohan and Dennis Orcullo had 2K+ viewers while I was watching. I don't recall many paid streams I've purchased having over 150. Most less than 100.

Why are the content streamers not reaching out to sponsors to fill the gap and provide the streams for free. Also, why not upload the content to YouTube or at a minimum upload the content where people that pay for the streams can watch it later. I can't put aside a whole weekend to watch a tournament. Having to buy a stream for matches that I can't watch because I have to work and replay options in the middle of the night isn't feasible.

Seems to me, pool streamers would be better off trying to expand their audience to increase revenue then to try to get 150 people to buy their streams.

Going forward, if I'm paying for streamed matches, I'd expect the ability to watch multiple tables (let me pick the match I want to watch), professional commentary, ability to watch later. TBH, I'd rather pay for a subscription service that gives me access to all recorded matches. If accustats puts their library where you can stream like netflix, I'd be the first in line to subscribe.

</end rant>

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why are PPV streams still the primary method of watching top pool tournaments? The recent free streamed match of Tony Chohan and Dennis Orcullo had 2K+ viewers while I was watching. I don't recall many paid streams I've purchased having over 150. Most less than 100.

Why are the content streamers not reaching out to sponsors to fill the gap and provide the streams for free. Also, why not upload the content to YouTube or at a minimum upload the content where people that pay for the streams can watch it later. I can't put aside a whole weekend to watch a tournament. Having to buy a stream for matches that I can't watch because I have to work and replay options in the middle of the night isn't feasible.

Seems to me, pool streamers would be better off trying to expand their audience to increase revenue then to try to get 150 people to buy their streams.

Going forward, if I'm paying for streamed matches, I'd expect the ability to watch multiple tables (let me pick the match I want to watch), professional commentary, ability to watch later. TBH, I'd rather pay for a subscription service that gives me access to all recorded matches. If accustats puts their library where you can stream like netflix, I'd be the first in line to subscribe.

</end rant>
Think again about your offer to subscribe - it would cost you $299 to stream a single Accustats tournament on-demand. That's right, not the entire library, but just the 2017 Derby City Classic.
https://vimeo.com/ondemand/d19/219916316

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Think again about your offer to subscribe - it would cost you $299 to stream a single Accustats tournament on-demand. That's right, not the entire library, but just the 2017 Derby City Classic.
https://vimeo.com/ondemand/d19/219916316

JEEZ! 299usd for one event??? you must me joking :eek: With Kozoom 100eur subscription you get 1year worth of FULLHD livestreaming (6 eurotour events, european championships men, women and teams, european championships juniors and seniors) and full access to the Kozoom archive :D And every event is livestream from EVERY table with TV table commentary. I guess things are little bit broken on your side of Atlantic....

TVmike

Professional Live Stream
Silver Member
Don't need to look far.

I already do this and have been for years.

I have the netflix of pool.

oldzilla

Accu-Stats Messenger
Silver Member
Actual price per match is $8.54 a match rather than the individual $9.99 per match.

While TECHNICALLY a correct statement that $299 purchases all of Derby City
don't miss the point that it represents 35 videos and unlimited viewing !!!

I hope this makes it easier to understand.
Accu-Stats tries hard to be fair
and we give back to pool for the goodness of the game !

TYVM for your support.
Zilla :yeah: