My Times Up...

smokeandapancak

what?
Silver Member
pharaoh68 said:
Vinnie-

Read this carefully as, on the surface, it may seem like one of my usual sarcastic quips when in fact, it is anything but.

Your post is short and rather to the point but there is much to be read between the lines here. You mention that you are quitting the game but that the game hasn't quit you. It would seem then, that there is still a love or a passion for the game. So I ask you, why quit?

Perhaps the problem lays within you (and I don't mean that in a negative way of any kind). You seem unhappy with your life and that should never be. So, take a step back and try looking at yourself from the outside. Focus on the negative results that upset you and trace your steps backwards to find out how you got there. Then, assess those situations and make changes based on them.

But, all me to share something with you: everyone has their vices. Everyone has their escapes. And while you take the time out of your life to find yourself in an effort to make you happy, why not allow yourself a vice or two as well? For some its drugs and others, its alcohol. And for the sake of avoiding a moral, ethical, and political debate in a thread where it is unneeded, I'll avoid touching any of those topics. But, surely doing something that you love and something that you are passionate about can never be a bad thing, especially if it helps to keep you sane at times.

Just food for thought.

I wish you luck in your journey. May you find the peace you are looking for.

-pharaoh 'Dr. Phil' 68.

Ok... will somebody let pharaoh know that some punk jacked his password and is posting pansy mushy stuff under his name............

teambizy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Methodman201 said:
...I think I'll pay my dues, Say my Thanks and Find myself...
This is a little bit of a Vent and a bit of goodbye.

I have learned many things during my years playing, And about "Me" aswell.
I have come to realize that I'm a Dissipointment in the game of life. So I need to take some time to Find myself, The pool hall is no longer my place:( .
I've Quit it but It hasen't Quit me...
Sincerely,
Vincent .M

Good luck with everything. I sincerely hope that you are able to find some happiness in whatever you endeavor next.

PKM

OB-1 Kenobi
Silver Member
If you're a disappointment in the game of life (and you're probably being too hard on yourself), then why not be an undisappointment in the game of pool?

(Maybe it would help to call it Cueing Arts?:) )

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
I, too, have taken a step back from the game for a while. I haven't quit, as I am fortunate enough to have a table here at home, but, I have gotten a bit burned out on the tournament thing...and the tavern scene in general.

I usually have a good time, whether I am playing well or not...being a bit of a social butterfly, I have no problem with that aspect of the game. However, every now and again, one's priorities need to be re-assessed, and adjusted accordingly, to match one's current 'reality'.

Also, at some point, we have to recognize certain 'truths'. The truth is, while I play a fine game, most of the time...I will never be a 'great' player. Being a bit of a free spirit, I lack the discipline necessary to get to that level...and I am cool with that.

I am sure that I will be back at it, with a renewed desire to hit the tournies again, but only after I have addressed the other areas in my life that currently demand more attention at this point in time.

I will still make my daily visits to the forums I am a member of, and post when I feel compelled, but I will likely not be as prolific as I have been in the past...for now, anyways. Y'all won't be rid of me that easily...lol! ;)

Lisa --------> Learning the breath again. :)