Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Instruction & Ask the pros > Ask The Instructor
Reload this Page Tor's ZeroX Kicking Systems
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
denwhit
AzB Silver Member
denwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

04-20-2017, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
could you give an example shot for each angle
thanks
This post deleted do to the fact that I did not have permission to use that information.

*Pool is not my only fun thing. I love passing those gas stations in the Tesla.
*US Navy 1964-1970, USS Chicago CG-11
* Mark Gregory walnut rails
*RKC set up w/ 42 pt. leveling system
*ProjectorProBilliards MicroComputer

Last edited by denwhit; 04-20-2017 at 09:34 AM. Reason: deleted due to posting unauthorized information

Old
  (#17)
bbb
AzB Gold Member
bbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

04-20-2017, 08:04 AM

Last edited by bbb; 04-20-2017 at 11:05 AM. Reason: deleted per denwhit request

Old
  (#18)
denwhit
AzB Silver Member
denwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond repute

04-20-2017, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
thanks for taking the time to explain
parrallel lines are easier than doing it "by the numbers" but sometimes its hard to be sure your parralel line is parrallel...
btw
whats your instructors name??
Sorry, I'm not a liberty to put out that information

Last edited by denwhit; 04-20-2017 at 09:37 AM.

Old
  (#19)
JC
Needs Moderation
JC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond repute

04-20-2017, 01:09 PM

All kicking systems are essentially the same no matter how things are numbered etc. When you kick, the cue ball obeys physics.

What Tor does that makes his "better" in my opinion is the use of modern video graphics technology to more easily teach his version of it. Which makes his videos kick ass.

JC

John Chaplin
Coos Cues
jchaplin@charter.net
It's not what you don't know that get's you in trouble.
It's what you know that just ain't so.

Old
  (#20)
denwhit
AzB Silver Member

04-20-2017, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
All kicking systems are essentially the same no matter how things are numbered etc. When you kick, the cue ball obeys physics.

What Tor does that makes his "better" in my opinion is the use of modern video graphics technology to more easily teach his version of it. Which makes his videos kick ass.

JC
I fully agree with that. I watched his kicking video twice, taking notes while doing so on sheets of paper with 8 pool tables on it, so that I could remember the numbering system and how it changes as the CB and OB positions change. I have that all memorized and added to my brain. Don't know for sure, but I assume his systems are as good as any others using numbers.
What amazes me is how tables can play so different, dependent on cloth, brand of cloth, age of cloth, how it was stretched on the table and over the cushions, brand of cushions, height of cushions, etc. etc. Job number one is to quickly calculate how a table plays and modify the systems accordingly. I still can not describe a perfect table. Tor says his is "pure" but is it? Looks like a very cheap table to me, very wide open pockets that accept pretty sloppy shots. I hear a "thump" when the ball hits the rails, etc.

Old
  (#21)
gxman
AzB Silver Member
gxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond repute

04-22-2017, 02:06 AM

What table is Tor's kicking systems on? Is it the 8ft with big pockets?

I'd like to see it on a diamond with pro-cut pockets.

Old
  (#22)
goettlicher
PBIA Master Instructor
goettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond repute

04-22-2017, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gxman View Post

Shouldn't make any difference.

Math is math.

Tighter pockets are tighter pockets.

randyg

Old
  (#23)
Ratta
Hearing the balls.....
Ratta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2000
 Send a message via ICQ to Ratta Send a message via MSN to Ratta  
04-22-2017, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gxman View Post

Repeatable straight stroke and the ability to play the necessary speed consistantly is the key to play the cueball with the necessary precision.

Tighter pockets just mean, that you have to be even more precise- as usual.To use a kicking system- no matter which one- also on a "tougher Table" doesn t need a magic bullet- just means that you have to shoot correct.

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother."......Albert Einstein
________

"Advanced PBIA Instructor and proud member of the SPF Family"

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: