Pechauer Pro P04-G not straight problem
Old
  (#1)
kempf80
AzB Bronze Member
kempf80 is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500

Pechauer Pro P04-G not straight problem - 03-26-2017, 03:31 AM

Okay this is my first post but I've seen good knowledgeable people here sharing advice.
So I bought the cue and it promptly arrived after a couple days and out I go to to test it.
Immediately the cue feels like the proverbial extension of my arm and fixes the problems with my old Lucasi. (butt-heaviness). Also I got the cue with a standard 12.75mm diameter tip.
Here's the problem: rolling the cue on the table, it shows a miniscule amount of bend, not sure if it's the shaft, must test more today but I really like the cue anyway. Should I send it back or will this problem get worse over time? The slight warp is barely noticeable and I could keep it as it is but I'd really like your word on this.

Old
  (#2)
JoeyC71176
AzB Silver Member
JoeyC71176 is on a distinguished road

03-26-2017, 11:29 AM

Does the tip leave the table when rolled? Is it straight when separate but not when together?

Player: Keith Josey 2001 cocobolo
J/B: Andy Gilbert purple heart

Old
  (#3)
GoldCrown
Be Creative...play 1P

GoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond repute

03-26-2017, 12:48 PM

Did you buy it new?....regardless contact Pechauer. Might have a lifetime warranty.

Doc Frye

I need more Cues likes a snail needs air brakes

Old
  (#4)
kempf80
AzB Bronze Member

03-27-2017, 03:21 AM

Okay we tested with a friend and it seems the cue itself is straight but there's a bump or something in the shaft so it's not symmetrical. How this is possible I don't know. Anyway I won't be sending it back which is a relief. Playability wise the cue is fantastic and the Pechauer tip they put on is good also. Thanks for advice but it was a false alarm.

Last edited by kempf80; 03-27-2017 at 03:31 AM.

Review and Pictures
Old
  (#5)
kempf80
AzB Bronze Member

Review and Pictures - 04-18-2017, 08:52 AM

Okay, it's been a month or so that I've played with the new Pechauer P04-G and it's time for some kind review. Comparing with the old Lucasi D2 let's go over some points:

Deflection: Pechauer has less deflection even though the shaft feels more stiff (12,75mm with laminated tip). Full table spin shots with little more than stun speed can be shot with backhand english and don't require as much correction for squirt. The Lucasi demanded that correction be made for deflection. Result of this is more confidence in spin and especially spin + draw-shots over distances. However short distance plays about the same.
Balance and Weight: Pechauer has more overall weight to it. I would estimate it to be around 190z or little less. The Lucasi with the weight bolt in is much heavier but also is butt-heavy which throws off some of my shots where I'm shooting close to a rail. Pechauer is balanced in the front so no more butt-heaviness related issues so it's an improvement. Note that I had to play the Lucasi without the weight bolt so it was very light and this demands a very accurate stroke. This is something I wanted to fix.
Grip vs no grip: This was a tough one to decide and it was a gamble whether I could adjust to it but after a week or so I got so used to it, there are no issues whatsoever. Lucasi still has the original irish linen wrap and it has held up well; no unraveling so kudos to Lucasi with their build quality in that respect.
Price vs Value: Lucasi has been my main player for some five years now and I bought it for 240 new. It has remained straight and there are no bumps or dents in the shaft so it has been a great value purchase. Pechauer was about 490 new and I was hoping this would be my player for the next 10+ years. So far the price seems a bit steep but I wanted some aesthetics involved in my purchase too so that explains it I guess.
Final words: This new cue fixed the problems I had and has improved my play somewhat (already finished into money in a small tournament) so I'm happy and I would suggest the Pechauer Pro-line cues for anyone who wants a stiff-hitting quality cue with a great price range.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Old
  (#6)
Kimmo H.
AzB Gold Member
Kimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond repute

04-18-2017, 09:21 AM

Thank you for writing up the review, good read

I must say that I am a sucker for stainless joints and the plain style of Pechauers. I'd likely have one if they used the standard 5/16x14 pin rather than their quick release version of it

- Ikon 3-2 / 314'3

Old
  (#7)
kempf80
AzB Bronze Member

04-18-2017, 09:43 AM

Thanks, it was interesting to make a review. I also had a German Bear Professional cue some 10 years ago but lost it in a car accident. After that I've always longed for a higher quality cue once more and this Pechauer is just that.

Old
  (#8)
SARDiver
AzB Silver Member
SARDiver has a reputation beyond reputeSARDiver has a reputation beyond reputeSARDiver has a reputation beyond reputeSARDiver has a reputation beyond reputeSARDiver has a reputation beyond reputeSARDiver has a reputation beyond reputeSARDiver has a reputation beyond reputeSARDiver has a reputation beyond reputeSARDiver has a reputation beyond reputeSARDiver has a reputation beyond reputeSARDiver has a reputation beyond repute

04-20-2017, 08:45 PM

I don't think you should dismiss or reject a cue that isn't straight just because it isn't. Whether it was made that way, or made a cue lifestyle choice, it should be accepted for what it is.

Old
  (#9)
kempf80
AzB Bronze Member

04-23-2017, 05:16 AM

Thanks for your input, I really love the cue and I'll never return it. Straightness however should be one deciding factor when judging the build quality of a cue as there should be no issues when the cost goes over 300$/.
The Lucasi is still nice and straight after 5 years of heavy use, so that tells me there's a good amount of quality to be had for a decent price. My friend plays with a McDermott and the 11.75mm tip shaft and he's been very happy with it playing snooker too. What he paid for it (200$ shaft) I'd estimate to be around the total for the Pechauer P04-G.(500 or a little less).

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: