Old
  (#16)
Alan
AzB Silver Member
Alan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

04-21-2017, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mase View Post
A friend of the owner of the cue told him he could fix it. I now have it to fix the fix.
It could have been worse. There's incompetence and then there's real bone head. How about a picture of the "after". It looks like the earlier "fix" made uglified the butt. I'm curious how you made out.

Old
  (#17)
Mase
AzB Silver Member

Mase has a reputation beyond reputeMase has a reputation beyond reputeMase has a reputation beyond reputeMase has a reputation beyond reputeMase has a reputation beyond reputeMase has a reputation beyond reputeMase has a reputation beyond reputeMase has a reputation beyond reputeMase has a reputation beyond reputeMase has a reputation beyond reputeMase has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

04-21-2017, 05:06 AM

I just got it in. It will be a week or two before it is finished. I will post an after photo.

www.roymason.ca

Old
  (#18)
Murray Tucker
Just a Padawan
Murray Tucker has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Tucker has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Tucker has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Tucker has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Tucker has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Tucker has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Tucker has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Tucker has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Tucker has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Tucker has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Tucker has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 566

04-21-2017, 07:24 AM

Attached Images

Murray Tucker, III
Be sure to check out TCW on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tucker...876948?sk=wall
I don't do PM's. Please email me at iii@tuckerbilt.com

Old
  (#19)
pescadoman
Randy

pescadoman has a reputation beyond reputepescadoman has a reputation beyond reputepescadoman has a reputation beyond reputepescadoman has a reputation beyond reputepescadoman has a reputation beyond reputepescadoman has a reputation beyond reputepescadoman has a reputation beyond reputepescadoman has a reputation beyond reputepescadoman has a reputation beyond reputepescadoman has a reputation beyond reputepescadoman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

04-22-2017, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopdoc View Post
Well, first, you were talking about dentists. They are not physicians. I was talking about medical care, physicians.

But I teach doctors all over the world, literally. I can promise you the standards for doctors are lower in every other country in the world. Medical tourism is dangerous and I advise against it generally. You really have to know what you are getting into, and I promise, it is very hard to find out the truth. There is no system in place for reporting these things or collating data about them.

That does not mean there aren't great doctors outside the US and that there aren't quacks here. But you should understand, the stereotype is true and based on quite a lot of "insider"knowledge on my part. I have medical experience outside the US myself, and I teach doctors from all over the world.

I do teach Dentists as well, but I am not really able to compare foreign dentists to US dentists. I just don't have the experience.

Your optometrist is not a physician. Find an opthalmologist that goes to Mexico for eye surgery. Seriously. You won't find one.

Anyway, I am glad you found what you needed/wanted.

EDIT: I will not post further on this because it is the cue makers forum.

I respect what you say..I really do. However, you have the luxury of being "in the know". I only know a couple of people who have needed spine docs and BOTH of them got F'd up here. I can also say, based on experience, that the whole idea of trusting someone to open up your spine is f'n frightening. If I didn't have the coverage I did, I would have had a breakdown. I picked my surgeon by Googling "Who did Peyton Manning's surgery/" and he was within 100 miles. 90% of America doesn't have that luxury.

I will also agree that many of the best physicians are here in the USA if you can also agree that most can't afford them.

I also agree that going out of country is frightening as well, but considering the care that most can afford here it becomes viable...

I have a friend who is a physician in Finland. He says the saying goes "Be a doctor in Europe and drive a plain Mercedes, be a doctor in the USA and drive a Ferrari".

Randy

Old
  (#20)
KJ Cues
Pro Cue Builder & Repair
KJ Cues has a reputation beyond reputeKJ Cues has a reputation beyond reputeKJ Cues has a reputation beyond reputeKJ Cues has a reputation beyond reputeKJ Cues has a reputation beyond reputeKJ Cues has a reputation beyond reputeKJ Cues has a reputation beyond reputeKJ Cues has a reputation beyond reputeKJ Cues has a reputation beyond reputeKJ Cues has a reputation beyond reputeKJ Cues has a reputation beyond repute

04-23-2017, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratcues View Post
Every. Day. Of. My. Life.
I see evidence of pliers. I'll bet that puts some sunshine in your day...........boat payment. Lol

Old
  (#21)
Bumlak
AzB Silver Member
Bumlak has a reputation beyond reputeBumlak has a reputation beyond reputeBumlak has a reputation beyond reputeBumlak has a reputation beyond reputeBumlak has a reputation beyond reputeBumlak has a reputation beyond reputeBumlak has a reputation beyond reputeBumlak has a reputation beyond reputeBumlak has a reputation beyond reputeBumlak has a reputation beyond reputeBumlak has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to Bumlak Send a message via Yahoo to Bumlak  
04-23-2017, 04:27 AM

I'm sure Ryan and Mike would probably agree....I usually find the story (read excuse) to be somewhat of a consolation to having to do the repair. "So what had happened was...."

Old
  (#22)
Michael Webb
AzB Silver Member
Michael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond repute

04-23-2017, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumlak View Post
I'm sure Ryan and Mike would probably agree....I usually find the story (read excuse) to be somewhat of a consolation to having to do the repair. "So what had happened was...."

I agree. I love the stories.

Best Wishes
Michael Webb
webbcues@cox.net

Old
  (#23)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

04-23-2017, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumlak View Post
LOL!

So...if a particularly stupid repair comes by that you might actually usually turn down...a good story might get the job done?

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632

Old
  (#24)
ROB.M
:)
ROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 980

04-23-2017, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ Cues View Post
I see evidence of pliers. I'll bet that puts some sunshine in your day...........boat payment. Lol
-
Or boat repair... you all know where the word BOAT comes from...rite.....
Bust.Out.Another.Thousand....

Anyways, goodluck with your endeavors and don't forget to share your solution.

Rob.M

Couldn't play dead in a cowboy movie'

Old
  (#25)
Michael Webb
AzB Silver Member
Michael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond repute

04-23-2017, 04:20 PM

Quote:
LOL!

So...if a particularly stupid repair comes by that you might actually usually turn down...a good story might get the job done?

Oh ABSOLUTELY

Best Wishes
Michael Webb
webbcues@cox.net

Old
  (#26)
Bumlak
AzB Silver Member
Bumlak has a reputation beyond reputeBumlak has a reputation beyond reputeBumlak has a reputation beyond reputeBumlak has a reputation beyond reputeBumlak has a reputation beyond reputeBumlak has a reputation beyond reputeBumlak has a reputation beyond reputeBumlak has a reputation beyond reputeBumlak has a reputation beyond reputeBumlak has a reputation beyond reputeBumlak has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to Bumlak Send a message via Yahoo to Bumlak  
04-26-2017, 02:54 AM

Quote:
LOL!

I think most folks who do repair (and building) would pretty much agree LOL. Sometimes it's not even because a repair was bad.I have a general set of rules that I follow 99.999% of the time.

1) If it has a screw in tip...I won't even breathe around it for fear that it might infect other cues. Notice I didn't say screw in ferrules because there are a LOT of old Palmers in my area that have screw in ferrules.

2) Someone brought a cue to me last week that had an old shaft with a sticker on it that said (no shit...) "Aged Ramin Wood" Sorry man...you had me saying no at Ramin Wood and laughing at "Aged"

3) Anyone who thinks their cue is worth 1000 x's it's actual value because their uncles, sisters, brothers, first cousins former roommate told them that some guy named Balabushka made it (and won't listen to the harsh reality that Wal-Mart never sold cues for George) can pretty much leave my presence and drink some CA.

4) If I see you abuse the cue (I see this on league nights quite a bit) and then you bring it to me after slapping it around, I very well may not repair it. Slap yourself around for missing the ball numb nuts. The cue didn't miss the ball.

5) If the cost of the repair costs more than the actual value of the cue (unless it really is sentimental) I just won't do it. It's a morals thing.

Erich

Old
  (#27)
Mase
AzB Silver Member

Mase has a reputation beyond reputeMase has a reputation beyond reputeMase has a reputation beyond reputeMase has a reputation beyond reputeMase has a reputation beyond reputeMase has a reputation beyond reputeMase has a reputation beyond reputeMase has a reputation beyond reputeMase has a reputation beyond reputeMase has a reputation beyond reputeMase has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

05-02-2017, 08:06 AM

Here is a picture of the cue with its new joint. Replaced the collar on the shaft. I had to dowel both the butt and shaft. I originally thought it was a Trophy joint but the ID of the collar on the butt was too small for that type of joint.
Attached Images

www.roymason.ca

Old
  (#28)
Michael Webb
AzB Silver Member

05-02-2017, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mase View Post
Here is a picture of the cue with its new joint. Replaced the collar on the shaft. I had to dowel both the butt and shaft. I originally thought it was a Trophy joint but the ID of the collar on the butt was too small for that type of joint.

That's called Check Mate. Well played Sir.

Best Wishes
Michael Webb
webbcues@cox.net

Old
  (#29)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

05-02-2017, 05:20 PM

Thank gawd this is over and the patient is recovering nicely. Thanks for the update!

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: