Old
  (#61)
SpiderWebComm
HelpImBeingOppressed
SpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond repute
 
SpiderWebComm's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 9,736
vCash: 1275
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Wilmington, DE
   
04-19-2017, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfigueroa View Post
Sounds like a couple of the lads are a tad paranoid at the moment.

LMAO! Paranoid? Of who, you or what you write? What an overblown out of touch ego you possess.

In any case I'm looking forward to reading your book and, contrary to some opinions, will provide an honest review.

I still predict it will be a glowing review whether you think so or not.

That having been said, I think it should be a positive review even though I've just watched some of his youtube videos. It was very creative to add to a long standing aiming system for improvement the way he did it.

I also predict you won't ever use it or consider using it.


Lou Figueroa
I can't wait for the day when you get a lifetime ban from AZ like onepocket.org was wise enough to do and make their forum a much better place.


*******************


Viffer: The Movie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JFIy2ebJIE
  
Reply With Quote

Old
  (#62)
Mr. Wilson
AZ Billiards Moderator

Mr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond repute
 
Mr. Wilson's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 9,149
vCash: 2700
iTrader: 0 / 50%
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Maryland
   
04-19-2017, 02:26 PM

Guys, the attacks are tiresome.

Do you really need encouragement?


"Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in."

-- Mark Twain
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#63)
BeiberLvr
SJD's #1 Fan
BeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond reputeBeiberLvr has a reputation beyond repute
 
BeiberLvr's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 6,524
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Florida
   
04-19-2017, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderWebComm View Post
Yep, you bought it but with no intention of doing anything with it other than bad mouth the system so you could then say "I bought the DVD".
Couldn't he have borrowed it and saved $40?

or just say he did, write his "review", and save both $40 and time?

I'm certain Lou went into watching the DVD with a closed mind, but I doubt he went into it knowing how he was going to write his review (see reasons above).
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#64)
Mkindsv
AzB Silver Member
Mkindsv has a reputation beyond reputeMkindsv has a reputation beyond reputeMkindsv has a reputation beyond reputeMkindsv has a reputation beyond reputeMkindsv has a reputation beyond reputeMkindsv has a reputation beyond reputeMkindsv has a reputation beyond reputeMkindsv has a reputation beyond reputeMkindsv has a reputation beyond reputeMkindsv has a reputation beyond reputeMkindsv has a reputation beyond repute
 
Mkindsv's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 111
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: North Texas
   
04-19-2017, 06:00 PM

I don't get it. I just don't. I honestly don't get why finding Center Cue ball is such a problem. Stand back from the table, visualize the shot, line up center cue ball, fire away. Center Cue ball is not hard to find.

A good stop shot drill will have you hitting center cue ball like a pro in about 7 minutes...if you are a slow learner.

Thing is, often you don't need center cue ball for a shot, think banks or shots that you have a half a pocket to get into, or if you need to cheat the pocket a bit...really the examples of this are endless.

I also don't get why every time an alternative system (not CTE) is being discussed, that somehow it is an attack on Mr. Shuffet's system. It's like the CTE folks see the words Objective/Subjective and lose their damned minds. I get that y'all spent a lot of time and $$$ using and learning the system, but for goodness sake, there is an ignore button.

I looked into Mr. Shuffet's system, for short shots that are less than half a table away it is a fantastic system when shooting into a corner pocket, but that is as far as I have gotten with it. But then I don't miss alot unless it is a shot that CTE probably wouldn't be much help with.

That being said, I never felt finding center cue ball was an issue. Good fundamentals and a PSR get you there pretty predictably. I will probably buy BC's book after I get Tor's latest releases, just to see what it is all about, but honestly that doesn't mean I hate Stan's stuff, if his stuff was 10 bucks I would probably buy it as well.

As for Objective/Subjective, who really cares a whit??? There is probably at least one or two gems in every system that can be applied to a person's game without having to have complete zombie-like dedication.

Not trying to offend anyone, good luck in all your endeavors.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#65)
tonythetiger583
AzB Silver Member
tonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 450
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Dec 2013
   
04-19-2017, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfigueroa View Post
You've been posting here?

Lou Figueroa
I kid
I kid
I use CTE and I love it, but man....if you were to ask me which side I'd rather go out for beers with...yeesh...
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#66)
tonythetiger583
AzB Silver Member
tonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 450
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Dec 2013
   
04-20-2017, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC21 View Post
First off, my vision originates from behind the CB. Eyes see 2D images.

Second, I haven't a clue what you're talking about with "spin alignments", and when it comes to true CCB.... well, there have been many great instructors say the same thing, that hitting CCB dead on with consistency is nearly impossible. (If you think Dr. Dave or any of the other experts will disagree with that statement, it really shows how out of touch you are with reality. Either that or you are just so much more professional than the rest of us.)

We have your opinion, Mr. Shuffett. That is that CTE is truly objective. All other methods (despite similar visual subjectiveness) are not objective. Thank you for your opinion.

I just wanted to add some background info, I don't know if it will clarify anything.

Let's take a half ball hit for example. When you hit a half ball hit, it will cut the ball 28 degrees (or w.e degree it actually is after throw). So you can categorize a shot as being half ball, and you can make those shots on the table, and pocket them, but they might not be "truly" half ball hits. Some could be 28.9 degrees, some are 28.0001 or heaven forbid 27 degrees. There are very few shots where the exact 28.000000 degree hit will result in pocketing the ball center pocket. And by center pocket, I don't mean 0.01mm to the right or left, but dead 0.0. The exact infinitesimal corner where the two rails complete a rectangle that is perfectly twice as long as it is wide.

I think the term objective get's used a lot, but I think when they say objective, they mean geometrically pure. When you solve for center to edge and edge to c, and pivot, all those slightly different cuts are being consolidated towards an absolute 0.0 point in the middle of the pocket (by using a slight overcut for throw). So instead of using 28.0 degrees to pocket a range of shots roughly center pocket, you are applying steps that let you arrive to the 28.9 line, and the 28.0001 line that results in a center pocket shot.

Fractional aiming you make an informed decision of where to hit the ball. You send the ball on it's path, and if you're within reason, the ball will go in.With CTE, where center pocket is located in relation to the shot, determines the exact line that you eventually land on.

I hope that makes sense. One, you determine that a 28 degree hit will almost certainly make the ball, the other you solve for the "equation" by following the steps, and it will put you on the appropriate 27, or 28.01, or 28.00005 degree line.

I think that's part of what a cte person is thinking when they say objective.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#67)
SpiderWebComm
HelpImBeingOppressed
SpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond repute
 
SpiderWebComm's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 9,736
vCash: 1275
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Wilmington, DE
   
04-20-2017, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeiberLvr View Post
Couldn't he have borrowed it and saved $40?

or just say he did, write his "review", and save both $40 and time?

Excellent points. Maybe he did do as you stated. Proof of sale or proof of purchase would settle the issue real quick.

I'm certain Lou went into watching the DVD with a closed mind, but I doubt he went into it knowing how he was going to write his review (see reasons above).
Apparently you never scoured the archives of RSB to see the history of his writings against CTE and Hal Houle starting in the 90's for about 10 years or more. And don't forget about the history here on AZ before any DVD came out.

What makes you think anything positive would have been written?


*******************


Viffer: The Movie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JFIy2ebJIE
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#68)
Dan White
AzB Silver Member
Dan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond repute
 
Dan White's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 2,442
vCash: 500
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Join Date: Oct 2005
   
04-20-2017, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetiger583 View Post

And by center pocket, I don't mean 0.01mm to the right or left, but dead 0.0. The exact infinitesimal corner where the two rails complete a rectangle that is perfectly twice as long as it is wide.
I might regret this, but tony I have a question. Does CTE take the object ball to that exact infinitesimal corner on every shot? Also, when you say the two rails complete a rectangle are you talking about the nose of the cushions, or in farther like maybe drawing connecting lines through all the diamonds on the rails and let them intersect more inside the corner pocket? In other words, where exactly in the pocket is that one intersection point?


Dan White
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#69)
tonythetiger583
AzB Silver Member
tonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 450
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Dec 2013
   
04-20-2017, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan White View Post
I might regret this, but tony I have a question. Does CTE take the object ball to that exact infinitesimal corner on every shot? Also, when you say the two rails complete a rectangle are you talking about the nose of the cushions, or in farther like maybe drawing connecting lines through all the diamonds on the rails and let them intersect more inside the corner pocket? In other words, where exactly in the pocket is that one intersection point?

I think it's where the two cushions would meet into a corner. If you were to use the diamonds, or even use the very edge of the table, it would still work as long as the rectangle used was a 2x1. The only difference is the ball would not be pocketed, and would actually be on a different track line (say a 3 rail route to a different pocket). If you were to hypothetically enlarge the rectangle to now be the size of the rectangle that the original diamonds would make, and extend the corner pockets to that size, you would probably be using a different perception.

But now you have me thinking...if you were to incrementally make each rectangle sliiiightly bigger than the last one infinitely outwards. How would there be enough categories...

Last edited by tonythetiger583; 04-20-2017 at 10:53 PM.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#70)
SpiderWebComm
HelpImBeingOppressed
SpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond repute
 
SpiderWebComm's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 9,736
vCash: 1275
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Wilmington, DE
   
04-21-2017, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan White View Post
I might regret this, but tony I have a question.
If you know within your own mind you're asking the question to set a trap for more contentious bickering based on the answer, regret would be an apt word.

I have two follow up questions to your question. If you knew CTE as well as you claim to know, wouldn't the answer to your question be evident which means there was no need to ask the question to Tony in the first place?

Secondly, did you or did you not say you were 100% out of any and all CTE discussions and posts?

No need to answer my questions because I already know the answers. Please do not respond.


*******************


Viffer: The Movie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JFIy2ebJIE
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#71)
Mr. Wilson
AZ Billiards Moderator

Mr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond repute
 
Mr. Wilson's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 9,149
vCash: 2700
iTrader: 0 / 50%
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Maryland
   
04-21-2017, 04:49 AM

Do not test this.

Add constructively to the conversation or people will be banned.


"Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in."

-- Mark Twain
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#72)
BilliardsAbout
Billiards.About.com
BilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond repute
 
BilliardsAbout's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1,021
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Gainesville, FL
   
04-21-2017, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkindsv View Post
I don't get it. I just don't. I honestly don't get why finding Center Cue ball is such a problem. Stand back from the table, visualize the shot, line up center cue ball, fire away. Center Cue ball is not hard to find.

A good stop shot drill will have you hitting center cue ball like a pro in about 7 minutes...if you are a slow learner.

Thing is, often you don't need center cue ball for a shot, think banks or shots that you have a half a pocket to get into, or if you need to cheat the pocket a bit...really the examples of this are endless.

I also don't get why every time an alternative system (not CTE) is being discussed, that somehow it is an attack on Mr. Shuffet's system. It's like the CTE folks see the words Objective/Subjective and lose their damned minds. I get that y'all spent a lot of time and $$$ using and learning the system, but for goodness sake, there is an ignore button.

I looked into Mr. Shuffet's system, for short shots that are less than half a table away it is a fantastic system when shooting into a corner pocket, but that is as far as I have gotten with it. But then I don't miss alot unless it is a shot that CTE probably wouldn't be much help with.

That being said, I never felt finding center cue ball was an issue. Good fundamentals and a PSR get you there pretty predictably. I will probably buy BC's book after I get Tor's latest releases, just to see what it is all about, but honestly that doesn't mean I hate Stan's stuff, if his stuff was 10 bucks I would probably buy it as well.

As for Objective/Subjective, who really cares a whit??? There is probably at least one or two gems in every system that can be applied to a person's game without having to have complete zombie-like dedication.

Not trying to offend anyone, good luck in all your endeavors.
There are many players who think they're aimed center ball but aren't. Factors including eyesight, random rather than fixed head position between shots and etc. are to blame.

You can set someone in a drill but they will often be habitually misaimed regardless--like aimed slightly left on all points of aim including center ball, so that they tend to hit center ball with a swerving right cue and so on...


-- Matt Sherman

Guide to Pool and Billiards, About.com
Instruction Staff, InsidePool Magazine
Author, book/DVD combo, Picture Yourself Shooting Pool
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#73)
BilliardsAbout
Billiards.About.com
BilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond reputeBilliardsAbout has a reputation beyond repute
 
BilliardsAbout's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1,021
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Gainesville, FL
   
04-21-2017, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC21 View Post
To perform a task in an objective manner (whether it's shooting an OB into a pocket or climbing straight up the face of a rock cliff) means the process does not require personal opinion or individual judgement. If rock climbing is the task, there are hundreds, if not thousands, of hand-grabs and feet-placement combinations that one could use. Simply telling a person to use their hands, feet, and eyes to climb the cliff does not constitute an objective climbing method. Too much is left up to personal opinion/judgement, making the climb subject-dependent. In other words, it would be the climber's individual choices that gets him (or her) to the top. This is the subjective method.

Now let's apply the same logic to aiming pool shots. The rote method of learning to aim is purely subjective. Each player learns through their own renditions of trial and error. Ghostball is also subjective because it is nearly impossible for the average player to accurately visualize the center of an invisible ball with repeated consistency. Traditional fractional aiming by the quarters method is subjective due to the fact that choosing the appropriate aim point is purely based on individual interpretation of angles. However, a fractional aiming method that provides this information would be objective because there​ would be no individual interpretations. Pivot systems, which includes the CTE manual pivot method, are actually objective within specific shot parameters, then become subjective when shots fall outside of those parameters, forcing the player to estimate or guesstimate some sort of compensation or visual correction. Most players develop their own way of doing it. Just go surfing on YouTube for 30 minutes and you'll find numerous players doing their "own" version of CTE. That alone is proof that either the system is too complicated to learn as designed (like studying string theory), or it's purely subjective, dependent on personal perceptions/opinions.

This has been the aiming debate for as long as I can remember.....we hear "this system is objective, unlike these other systems that are not objective." Well, here's a good test for determining objectivity:

If a player can use a certain method to pocket a ball and get immediate results in a quick, simple, and accurate manner, within a few seconds, then show another player the same method, who then gets the same immediate results, the method is undeniably objective. It would be like numbering the rocks for hand-holds and feet-placements on a rock cliff so every climber has a guaranteed path to the top if they prefer to take it.

If you have to spend weeks or years trying to figure out a certain method, whether your shooting pool or climbing rocks, the method you're using is not objective.
That's why it's taking so long to learn, because the method is subject-dependent, better known as subjective.

What are your thoughts? Anyone?
I'm not sure subjective v. objective is the issue. Since subjectivity comes into play for all aim systems unless you have an easy-to-target objective (say, for example, the precise middle of the space between the ones on an 11-ball happens to lie perfectly on the equator to give a clear target on a cut shot - hint: you can rotate the balls to place their numbers on geometric aim lines for practice) the real issue is "are some aim systems better than others"?

Of course they are.


-- Matt Sherman

Guide to Pool and Billiards, About.com
Instruction Staff, InsidePool Magazine
Author, book/DVD combo, Picture Yourself Shooting Pool
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#74)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member
lfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 11,200
vCash: 500
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Join Date: Oct 2005
   
04-21-2017, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BilliardsAbout View Post
There are many players who think they're aimed center ball but aren't. Factors including eyesight, random rather than fixed head position between shots and etc. are to blame.

You can set someone in a drill but they will often be habitually misaimed regardless--like aimed slightly left on all points of aim including center ball, so that they tend to hit center ball with a swerving right cue and so on...

This is very true. In my experience this centering issue can vary from shot to shot. IOW, sometimes you might be lined up correctly but other times you might not. It's a problem that can haunt some players for years.

Lou Figueroa
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#75)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member
lfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 11,200
vCash: 500
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Join Date: Oct 2005
   
04-21-2017, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetiger583 View Post
I just wanted to add some background info, I don't know if it will clarify anything.

Let's take a half ball hit for example. When you hit a half ball hit, it will cut the ball 28 degrees (or w.e degree it actually is after throw). So you can categorize a shot as being half ball, and you can make those shots on the table, and pocket them, but they might not be "truly" half ball hits. Some could be 28.9 degrees, some are 28.0001 or heaven forbid 27 degrees. There are very few shots where the exact 28.000000 degree hit will result in pocketing the ball center pocket. And by center pocket, I don't mean 0.01mm to the right or left, but dead 0.0. The exact infinitesimal corner where the two rails complete a rectangle that is perfectly twice as long as it is wide.

I think the term objective get's used a lot, but I think when they say objective, they mean geometrically pure. When you solve for center to edge and edge to c, and pivot, all those slightly different cuts are being consolidated towards an absolute 0.0 point in the middle of the pocket (by using a slight overcut for throw). So instead of using 28.0 degrees to pocket a range of shots roughly center pocket, you are applying steps that let you arrive to the 28.9 line, and the 28.0001 line that results in a center pocket shot.

Fractional aiming you make an informed decision of where to hit the ball. You send the ball on it's path, and if you're within reason, the ball will go in.With CTE, where center pocket is located in relation to the shot, determines the exact line that you eventually land on.

I hope that makes sense. One, you determine that a 28 degree hit will almost certainly make the ball, the other you solve for the "equation" by following the steps, and it will put you on the appropriate 27, or 28.01, or 28.00005 degree line.

I think that's part of what a cte person is thinking when they say objective.

One thing I've never understood is how guys can be aiming for 28 degrees, or 26 or 30 and so on, particularly at distance. First off, who can tell the difference between 28 degrees and 30 degrees from six seven feet away? Add english and hitting an exact angle and creating a precise trajectory seems unattainable.

Back on RSB I recall an argument with some snooker trolls about CIE and CIT and one thing stuck with me: a proposition was make to set up two balls with just enough room for a ball to pass through and then shooting a third ball between the two balls. It's incredibly hard to do, so I've always wondered about these systems that require visualizing all these infinitesimally accurate lines and angles.

Lou Figueroa
  
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 5 of 9 « First 345 67 Last »

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.