USA Mosconi Cup Team

Doodysquat

Registered
Dunnn....Mark told me that he is arranging for all 8 players to travel to Blackpool for the event. He feels that they all deserve to share in the experience. Mark is one of a kind. Focused, determined, and fully committed to his task as Captain. As far as the East Coast tour goes, he has a pretty big fish on the hook to help with funding, so it is not out of the question.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Say what ?!?

Not to take anything away from Bergman's talent, BUT there are no BB's last I looked at the MC. Over half of his earnings this yr thus far come from 1 BB tourney win.

http://www.azbilliards.com/people/4200-justin-bergman/

Whatever the outcome; I will support it....... I would hate to be Mark Wilson having to make the decision

Bergman won a Hard Times in the 10-ball against one of the toughest fields of the year, beating out Biado in the final. No Mosconi hopeful other than Shane had a win of that quality.

I think the litmus test will be the US Open in October... not sure who all will be there but I would hope all of the hopefuls are.... We usually have some dead air during the Open and I am hopeful that we will be able to do some interviews with the possible team members as I know alot of fans only now are getting to know a little bit about our young up and comers........

Also Turning Stone in September, most of them play there too. If any of these second tier guys snap it off, the should go.

ed2000

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Guys i cant see justin hall not getting pick..Memphis open he wins the 1pt and got 4th on the 10ball he also did very well in BB which is as team event . here my list..

1 - SVB (great all around and have played in the MC he a giving for sure)

2 - Justin H (Rookie to the MC but Played BB/team format which helps.Banks and Shoots so Striaght it sick and Handles well under pressure.to me almost a given as a rookie.

3 Cory D ( been a MC player Before Understands the Pressure of the MC with that being said i also thinks he needs work on the out for blood thing that where Mark can step in and help/fix. we all know he can flat out play if in the right state of mind)

4 John S (great all around and have played in the MC great under pressure the only thing about John is his dedication dont here or see much of him lately.which i think mark will address this as well and see if it something him and john can straighten out

5 Oscar D,Justin B,Oscar D,Brandon S all 3 of these players so close to call.but if i had to pick one i would go with Justin B because he stay in action all the time .at any rate Mark Wilson will have a good field to choose between thank you all for your time

Last edited:

Baby Huey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know if I would include Justin Hall in the starting lineup. His one pocket and banks skills are certainly superior but I just don't see his rotation skills to be on par with the others in the mix. I would have the following starting lineup:
SVB
OD
JS
JB
CD

pro9dg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane is yet to commit any time to the Mosconi Cup squad this year.

He attended a friend's wedding while the rest of the squad gave their time to support the Navy Seal veterans in San Diego. Then he went to play in the World 9 Ball in Doha while those who were not involved with that went to the BCA Summit in Louisville.
All the other seven squad players have been helping Mark Wilson in getting Pool Awareness Week publicised but Shane has not offered any support on this either.

The rest of the guys have built up a strong bond since their names were announced and I hope that Shane just doesn't turn up until a few days before the final five are selected. That would be a kick in the teeth for the team.

markgw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know if I would include Justin Hall in the starting lineup. His one pocket and banks skills are certainly superior but I just don't see his rotation skills to be on par with the others in the mix. I would have the following starting lineup:
SVB
OD
JS
JB
CD

This duplicates my list....Go USA!!!

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Shane is yet to commit any time to the Mosconi Cup squad this year.

He attended a friend's wedding while the rest of the squad gave their time to support the Navy Seal veterans in San Diego. Then he went to play in the World 9 Ball in Doha while those who were not involved with that went to the BCA Summit in Louisville.
All the other seven squad players have been helping Mark Wilson in getting Pool Awareness Week publicised but Shane has not offered any support on this either.

The rest of the guys have built up a strong bond since their names were announced and I hope that Shane just doesn't turn up until a few days before the final five are selected. That would be a kick in the teeth for the team.

Shane will be there when they need him! He's been out there playing the best players in the world, as usual. It's his job.
I see him as the leader of Team USA this year. The other seven guys know what he brings to the table, supreme confidence and the skills to back it up!

dexros

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Except for SVB I think all these guys can get the 7-9 from all the European members.

dexros

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Euro line up are world champs, Appleton, Immonen, Hohmann, Souquet, and Fiejen. No world champs in the US team. Maybe a world contender in SVB but the rest are not even US Open champs except for JS and CD.

Solomon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unfortunately I don't think that America has the roster of players to win this year's Mosconi Cup. However, I'd like to see Van Boening, Archer, Morris, Deuel, and Wilkie competing.

Busboy

Wanna Play Some?
Silver Member
Bergman also won the 32,000 dollar smoken aces this year and it was pretty strong line up I think he deserves it my top 3 pick would be SVB, Bergman, Corey

CSykes24

www.coreysykes.com
Silver Member
I wish people would stop including bar table events in their talks for the Mosconi Cup. The truth is, we've only heard of several Americans this year, and Hatch/Archer/Earl are NOT any of those. Justin Hall is playing well, so is Berg, but I would love to see Oscar on the team this year. This guy has been traveling everywhere (so has Corey), trying to improve and step his game up INTERNATIONALLY. Bergman hasn't been outside the U.S. yet, though he has placed well in a few events (most 1p and bar tables).

Dunnn51

Clear the table!
Silver Member
I wish people would stop including bar table events in their talks for the Mosconi Cup. The truth is, we've only heard of several Americans this year, and Hatch/Archer/Earl are NOT any of those. Justin Hall is playing well, so is Berg, but I would love to see Oscar on the team this year. This guy has been traveling everywhere (so has Corey), trying to improve and step his game up INTERNATIONALLY. Bergman hasn't been outside the U.S. yet, though he has placed well in a few events (most 1p and bar tables).

This was my line of thought when I posted earlier......
Sossei was at World 9-ball China Open as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy1EKYbvXwg

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
A lot of guys are upset over JA not being included on this year's MC list and I think his exclusion was at least in part, symbolic.

Part of Mark's fresh blood, out with the old, in with the new approach.

Of course it will be Shane, I also like JB as he has certainly proven his mettle thus far in 2014.

I think Jeremy S should be given *strong* consideration to make it on because in addition to his stellar play, he embodies exactly what MW is looking for in Team USA. A true gentleman and a sportsman. And it can't hurt that even though he only weighs about 90 lbs soaking wet, he breaks like King Kong. :thumbup:

As was previously stated, I agree that the US Open and Turning Stone are going to be pivotal in sorting out the rest of Team USA.

best,
brian kc