Earl calls Boyes "victim number one" for World Cup

mmktierney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Damn the long term track record, give me someone who is playing well now! Earl is merely the fourth best player on the Joss tour, winless in 2014, behind Dechaine, Shaw and Sossei. He nearly never wins any event with an elite field, with the 2013 Turning Stone the one exception in recent times.

Dechaine's haters, and I sense you are one of them, find it fitting to label him incapable of playing well on the international stage based on a very small number of matches played overseas, but he beat Earl 25-11 in their challenge match this spring and has dominated him in Joss Tour play.

This summer alone, Dechaine has beaten:

Darren Appleton at the CSI 10-ball
Johnny Archer, Mika Immonen and Dennis Hatch in the World 14.1
Justin Bergman by 9-4 in the Steinway 10-ball event
John Schmidt 9-4 in the Steinway 10-ball event

What significant scalps has Earl collected this year? If you think Earl is playing well in 2014, you are very mistaken.

Mike would be the worst partner for Shane.,,,,think about it, how would you like your own partner complaining about the way your racking and insists you re-rack 5 times before he quits whining. LOL...just couldn't resist. Mike is a great player. Someday when he get past "The Big Stage " nerves he will be a contender in international competition.

mmktierney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I keep score the old fashioned way...$$$$.... Mike and Earl are less than $1,000 apart. Mike is ahead. But just by a little...SJM makes it sound like alot...not so. Anyway, scotch dbls is not about the best players, its about the best partnership. Mike and Corey meshed well and should do it again. But I trust Shanes judgement for this event...... Earl will be the best partner for Shane. Will they win? I'm hoping, but what a field to go through....any twosome in that lineup has a real chance to win.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I'm surprised nobody mentioned Hohmann and Souquet as the team to beat. They've played 3 times in the event and their record is very simple: 1 win, 1 final, 1 semi. :rolleyes:

Ralf may be unable to finish due to prior commitments.
:cool:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I keep score the old fashioned way...$$$$.... Mike and Earl are less than $1,000 apart. Mike is ahead. But just by a little...SJM makes it sound like alot...not so. Anyway, scotch dbls is not about the best players, its about the best partnership. Mike and Corey meshed well and should do it again. But I trust Shanes judgement for this event...... Earl will be the best partner for Shane. Will they win? I'm hoping, but what a field to go through....any twosome in that lineup has a real chance to win.

Well then, you are using Earl's performance in a challenge match with Reyes, his Bonus Ball earnings, and his high finish in the DCC Banks event to judge his rotation pool skills. Those events account for more than half his winnings this year.

Scotch doubles, by the way, is entirely about the players. A year ago in this same event, the three best teams were 1) Dennis Orcullo and Lee Van Cortezza, 2) Niels Feijen and Nick Vandenberg, and 3) JL Chang and Ko Pin Yi. Of these six, arguably, five are among the eight best players in the world.

Shane deserves better than Earl, and there are about half a dozen Americans that would be more deserving of the opportunity.

Last edited:

pro9dg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lvc and Dennis have to be the team to beat but Europe is stacked full of teams as well. If Chang Jung Lin played his usual lock up safes then he and ko would've given the pinoys the boot. Id put my money on any of the Asia teams but man they need to make this 10 ball already.

Chang is not on the Taiwan Team. But Ko Pin Yi will still partner Chang. This is because Jung Lin is out and Chang Yu Lung replaces his namesake.

pro9dg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lvc and Dennis have to be the team to beat but Europe is stacked full of teams as well. If Chang Jung Lin played his usual lock up safes then he and ko would've given the pinoys the boot. Id put my money on any of the Asia teams but man they need to make this 10 ball already.

Matchroom have never done 10 Ball and I doubt that they ever will.
They have invested an awful lot of time, money an effort in 9 Ball to switch now.

pro9dg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Karl Boyes is the most arrogant player I've ever seen. He acted like he's the world beater and his opponent 's nothing but trash. Then he got his ass beat and suddenly chilled the fukc down and acted like a loser LOL.

Go Earl horse-fukc that piece of s**t.

Why don't you just come out and express your feelings. Don't hold back.