Any info on Poison Cues?

Methodman201

@gmail.com
Silver Member
Need a little info on them, Other than whats on their Site.
Branch of an overseas company? I think Cue&Case has something to do with them but I'm not for sure.
Can someone help shead a bit of light on the subject for me, please?
Thanks,
Vincent

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
Methodman201 said:
Need a little info on them, Other than whats on their Site.
Branch of an overseas company? I think Cue&Case has something to do with them but I'm not for sure.
Can someone help shead a bit of light on the subject for me, please?
Thanks,
Vincent

They are Asian made products, they are most likely equal to or less then the quality of the Players brand. Not much to tell, the wood is not properly aged and chemicals are used to stabilized it. With time the areas around the rings, joint and butt cap will expand due the chemical stabilization of the wood used, and expansion and contraction.

Buy a McDermott or an American made cue, at least you will have a warranty, which the foreign manufacturers will never off, due to the above problems. Now if you are looking for a cue that will serve a temporary need or if you are a beginning player the Asian Imports will certainly fill that void. They do play OK at first, they just do not last over time.

This is not just idle talk, I own a pool hall and sell all types of cues. I also build conversion cues, and do almost any type of repair. I see these import cues fall apart or warp all the time.

Either way, have a great day, I hope this helps!!

Last edited: