Is there a common CTE focus point or final aiming point?

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
But please, if that is the attitude you are going to take, then please sell the DVD and never even mention CTE again. As Stan has stated, this is a professional system. If you aren't willing to do the work, don't expect to achieve any level of satisfaction with it. If you are willing to work at it, you will find many on here more than willing to help. Mirza can attest to that fact. And he is very happy that he put in the work.

And, if that sounded like a butt chewing, that's because it was. You earned that one. Now, you have to ask yourself- are you going to tuck tail and run, or are you going to man-up and start listening and actually doing the work? One way nets you nothing. The other way requires your time, patience, and rewards you with much more confidence when playing and better results when playing. It's up to you.
I know you are trying to help. Thanks

Last edited:

Mirza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok I'm gonna try and help you, but not anymore if you don't go and practice this at the table for at least a few hours.

1. Be sure to use your strongest visual center for aligning to the lines
2. Pick up first the aiming line and then the sight line with that visual center point, you aren't behind either line, your VC is between them, but there is only one spot where you can see perception of both in the same time (perception because you aren't directly on it)
3. Your focus with your strongest VC is lastly on the sightline (center to edge line for 15° and 30° perception) because it starts at center CB and that is where you need to go to
4. Blur the OB, all focus on center CB, imagine a line between you VC and the CCB, bend in the waist without moving your feet so that your VC stays on that line (watch Stevie Moore)
5. After you've bent down, for a straight in, get your cue tip 1/2 tip outside of CCB (inside of the shaft/tip edge is at CCB), be sure that the cue cuts you at the face in the same visual center you used to get visuals and bend to CCB on that imagined line "VC-CCB"
6. Pivot to center and shoot

Here is one video from Stevie Moore: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1mlnRiAXA8

Michael S

Registered
CTE is to me the best way to learn to aim. I've watched the DVDs, asked questions, and went to Mr. Shuffett. Before learning CTE, there were certain shots that I were afraid of. Now, I approach every shot with the process he taught me. No more fear. Now when I miss, it's usually the incorrect perception and/or sweep/pivot...

CTE does require some patience because it completely changes your mindset on aiming. My position play suffered for a few months while learning. Now my position play has improved because I know what to do for the shot instead of guessing not only where the CB has to be on impact AND trying to determine position. That's too much!