Denver and Colorado Springs

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
My buddy and I are going to Denver and Colorado Springs in August. While it's mostly a golf and motorcycle trip, we're bringing our cues.

Are there any players pool rooms you recommend? Any high end resort or public golf courses? ? (We're already playing Broadmoor).

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My buddy and I are going to Denver and Colorado Springs in August. While it's most a golf and motorcycle trip, we're bringing our cues.

Are there any players pool rooms you recommend? Any high end resort or public golf courses? ? (We're already playing Broadmoor).

Theres lotsa high golf there...trust that.

gcmortal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Antique Billiard Museum, in Colorado Springs. One of the few remaining old school rooms anywhere.

jojopiff

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Antiques is only pool room in Colorado Springs. 40-50ish barbox diamond tables. There's 6 Diamond 9'ers. There's several other 8 & 9'ers. 2 billiard tables and one unlevel 10' golf/snooker table. Cheap beer & cheap pool.

I live 15 minutes away. If you're here during the week I'd come meet you guys. Weekends are for the lake!!

If you can somehow get on the Air Force Academy golf course, DO IT!

Bear Dance by Castle Rock is awesome too. A little spendy though.

Last edited:

Salamander

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Antiques in Colorado Springs is the only pool room of merit in the Springs. It has been very slow there lately and may not be much "action" if that is your thing. If you give me a heads up I would come down and play some.

Patty Jewett public golf course is something like the 2nd oldest golf course west of the Mississippi. I'm not a golfer, but I love going to their club house and grabbing a beer there, great outside seating. I think they have two 18 hole courses. You might make reservations, if they take them, because it fills up fast. I used to be a grounds keeper at the Broadmoor and you guys will like that, but I'm sure it's pricey....(while at the Broadmoor, make plans to go to the Golden Bee - great bar transported from Europe. If you like a good, but expensive Sunday brunch, try the Broadmoor brunch, but make reservations in advance. Probably $60/person by now )

As mentioned earlier Mile high billiards and Felt are your best pool rooms in Denver.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you are in to old time run down dumpy pool rooms I would suggest a visit to Hanks on 38th and Sheridan in Wheatridge.
Its been a pool room under several names since the '60s.
Mile High Billiards is primarily 7 foot diamonds.
There are some 9 foot diamonds but the pockets are stupid tight and not fun to play on.
There is a 12 foot snooker table with a 9 foot pool cue made by Erie Martinez.
Over all Felt is the best pool room in the Denver area.

AF pool guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are none of the Corner Pocket locations in the springs still there?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BuddyWing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Only one corner pocket left .
All 7ft Valley tables , just south of the Springs,
in Widefield. Not worth the trip.
Antique's is your best bet . 55 tables
A lot of old Brunswichs tables and a lot of new Diamonds .

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You bastidges.

There has got to be some of the worst spelling on tbe internet, up in this thread, right hrre!

Lynch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As others have mentioned, Felt and MHB are the 2 best rooms in the Denver area in regards to quality and variety of tables. One other place that is brand new and a real gem, is Rocky Mountain Billiards in Englewood. It's not huge, but there's a handful of 9' diamonds, a diamond bar box, and a snooker table. Since it's new, all the tables are in great condition as well. The owner Dave Hughes is going to be having tourneys soon, ring games, etc. I believe he currently has a straight pool high run contest going as well.

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As others have mentioned, Felt and MHB are the 2 best rooms in the Denver area in regards to quality and variety of tables. One other place that is brand new and a real gem, is Rocky Mountain Billiards in Englewood. It's not huge, but there's a handful of 9' diamonds, a diamond bar box, and a snooker table. Since it's new, all the tables are in great condition as well. The owner Dave Hughes is going to be having tourneys soon, ring games, etc. I believe he currently has a straight pool high run contest going as well.

One thing you can count on with Dave is there will always be something going on.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member

Are the tables new? How many 9' diamonds are there? Is this a new room?

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Antiques is only pool room in Colorado Springs. 40-50ish barbox diamond tables. There's 6 Diamond 9'ers. There's several other 8 & 9'ers. 2 billiard tables and one unlevel 10' golf/snooker table. Cheap beer & cheap pool.

I live 15 minutes away. If you're here during the week I'd come meet you guys. Weekends are for the lake!!

If you can somehow get on the Air Force Academy golf course, DO IT!

Bear Dance by Castle Rock is awesome too. A little spendy though.

We're going to be in Colorado Springs August 5 and 6 - definitely would like to meet up if it works out.

Last edited: