Important VISUALS info for CTE PRO ONE

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Specifically for PRO ONE visual sweeps:

It is important to develop an awareness of which eye picks up your AIM LINE during ball address for your various shots. Your left eye does not always perceive the aim line for left cuts and vice versa for your right eye.

THE EYE that perceives the aim line CAN lead you to a distortion free, optimal view of CCB during full stance. The cue ball is your target not the object ball.

**For extremely thin cuts, either eye can perceive this single line, 1/8 CB OB overlap. Experiment for yourself and discover which eye can perceive the 1/8 overlap and lead you most effectively to CCB.

***The info in the above paragraph applies in the same manner to the 1 line visuals of A and. C as thin cuts.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It is important to develop an awareness of which eye picks up your AIM LINE during ball address for your various shots. Your left eye does not always perceive the aim line for left cuts and vice versa for your right eye.

THE EYE that perceives the aim line CAN lead you to a distortion free, optimal view of CCB during full stance. The cue ball is your target not the object ball.

**For extremely thin cuts, either eye can perceive this single line, 1/8 CB OB overlap. Experiment for yourself and discover which eye can perceive the 1/8 overlap and lead you most effectively to CCB.

***The info in the above paragraph applies in the same manner to the 1 line visuals of A and. C as thin cuts.

Stan Shuffett

Bump: Additional info was added in bottom paragraph.

Stan Shuffett

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stan, you say it is important to determine which eye. How do you do that?

Good question:

Work with this on the practice table.

As you are acquiring your 2 line visuals, you are using your eyes differently. We have stereo vision and we typically allow our 2 lines of sight to triangulate to a specific object.

When perceiving your visuals, you are not directly behind either line. This is a new way of using your eyes at ball address in seeing a relationship between a CB/OB.

One eye can perceive both lines. Sometimes you right eye picks up one line and your left eye will perceive the other line.

In time you will know which eye is doing the work. I began developing my awareness of this by closing one eye then the other to determine which eye was doing what. Now, I know without thinking about it.

Once you have identified the aiming eye and let's say you have your visuals, then shift your focus to the CB, specifically CCB. Allow your aiming eye to lead you to CCB during your visual sweep. ( This can lead to slight adjustments for your visual alignment when in full stance.)

For the single line visuals, a line can be perceived with either eye. This CAN be important in positioning your body for your easiest most effective sweep to CCB as well your optimal CBB aim.

There is no doubt that during CTE PRO ONE you will learn to use your eyes differently. The visuals force you to be in a correct ball address position at first.

Each one of your eyes have the computing power of the fastest super computers in the world. Allow your visual intelligence to grow in this game by developing an awareness of what your amazing eyes are doing during the visuals process and their route to CCB.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Stan Shuffett

I'm glad you brought this up.

My experiments with close shots and long shots have shown that your dominant eye becomes less dominant based on the object balls distance from the OB.

One example is too line up a straight in 6' shot. In the shooting position your dominant eye will see the exact center of the cue ball, now when you move your eyes to the OB, instead of the OB being seen with the center of your dominant eye, the eye dominance is moved closer to the bridge of your nose.

So, looking between the QB then OB then QB then OB, your eyes are in constant change while viewing.

A simply test to prove this point is to punch a 1/4" hole in a 3x5 card, Get into the shooting position lined up for the same 6' shot. Looking thru the hole with both eyes so that you see the cue ball, bring the card back to your face. You will notice that the hole comes back and lines up exactly with your dominant eye. Now repeat this exercise looking at the OB thru the hole. Bring the card back to your face, you may notice that the hole in the card ends up very close to the bridge of you nose on the dominant side.

Just some food for thought

Nice post Stan

John

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My cousin sees 3 ghost balls!

Stan,

Do you ever approach the shot from a cross-eyed position?

My cousin was born cross-eyed and aligning the shot has always been the toughest part of the game for him. He has been working with CTE with much success. It seems to come naturally to him while I still struggle with it. After reading this thread I think I understand why.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm glad you brought this up.

My experiments with close shots and long shots have shown that your dominant eye becomes less dominant based on the object balls distance from the OB.

One example is too line up a straight in 6' shot. In the shooting position your dominant eye will see the exact center of the cue ball, now when you move your eyes to the OB, instead of the OB being seen with the center of your dominant eye, the eye dominance is moved closer to the bridge of your nose.

So, looking between the QB then OB then QB then OB, your eyes are in constant change while viewing.

A simply test to prove this point is to punch a 1/4" hole in a 3x5 card, Get into the shooting position lined up for the same 6' shot. Looking thru the hole with both eyes so that you see the cue ball, bring the card back to your face. You will notice that the hole comes back and lines up exactly with your dominant eye. Now repeat this exercise looking at the OB thru the hole. Bring the card back to your face, you may notice that the hole in the card ends up very close to the bridge of you nose on the dominant side.

Just some food for thought

Nice post Stan

John

Thanks, John.

Every CB OB position results in an opportunity for players to place their eyes in a correct position, not only during ball address but in full stance as well.

In CTE PRO ONE, the edges of a fixed CB are used for aiming and one eye or the other will do the aiming. In CTE PRO ONE, it is important to determine which eye is perceiving an edge of the CB to an OB aim point. One's visual intelligence is wired at this point with one eye or the other engaged in aiming. It is my recommendation to not switch horses in midstream.
In other words, if you are using your left eye for aiming during ball address then do not switch to your right eye during your visual sweep to CCB.

**it must be noted: Just because you have a left cut, that does not mean your left eye will always do the aiming. The right eye can aim using the left CBE as well. This is very important to know as your CTE PRO ONE visual skills develop.

Set up a straight-in shot in CTE PRO ONE at 3 diamonds distance.

2 options:

1.LBCE TO A AND a CTEL ..... Right Visual Sweep
Using this alignment during ball address my left eye does the aiming for the LCBE to OBA.
As I sweep into CCB my left eye will be more engaged even though I am right eye dominant.

So, given a choice I will choose option #2.

2. RCBE TO C AND a CTEL..... Left Visual Sweep
Using this alignment at ball address engages my right eye for aiming. My right eye aims RCBE TO OBC and my right eye will lead me to CCB. My right eye will be more engaged during my aim at CCB.

Stan Shuffett

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stan,

Do you ever approach the shot from a cross-eyed position?

My cousin was born cross-eyed and aligning the shot has always been the toughest part of the game for him. He has been working with CTE with much success. It seems to come naturally to him while I still struggle with it. After reading this thread I think I understand why.

I hope the moderators will recognize your foolishness in entering this thread and making this post.

It has been a pleasure to post without the BS. Take your BS somewhere else!!

Stan Shuffett

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope the moderators will recognize your foolishness in entering this thread and making this post.

Stan Shuffett

My post is as honest as yours is, I can assure you.

Need I remind you that it was me who made the recent posts asking you to explain your visuals more clearly.

Gerry Williams

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Trolls would be better served working on their game as opposed to wasting time on here.

I just spent a day with Stan after 3 months working with Pro One and it is real and here to stay. It has improved my game significantly.

Stan Shuffett

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stan, you're saying I close one eye or the other and it will be obvious? No disrespect intended but I don't buy that explanation. Lets assume for a moment that works however. What do I do with that information?

Lets say I have one shot left cut CTE, ETA and I'm picking both visuals up with my right eye. Consider different cut angle (slight difference), same visuals except I'm picking up A with my left non dominant eye. What do I do differently? What other scenarios are there with this and how should we react differently than normal?

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stan, you're saying I close one eye or the other and it will be obvious? No disrespect intended but I don't buy that explanation. Lets assume for a moment that works however. What do I do with that information?

Lets say I have one shot left cut CTE, ETA and I'm picking both visuals up with my right eye. Consider different cut angle (slight difference), same visuals except I'm picking up A with my left non dominant eye. What do I do differently? What other scenarios are there with this and how should we react differently than normal?

Yes, it is OBVIOUS as your skills develop with this different way of aiming.

I DID NOT SAY THAT YOU CHOOSE, EXCEPT FOR STRAIGHT-IN SHOTS. THERE IS A CHOICE FOR ZERO ANGLE SHOTS IN CTE PRO ONE, LCBE OR RCBE.

That's fine as you do not have to buy in. I am speaking from thousands of hours with this system and U am trying to shorten the learning curve for others.
You are using one eye or the other now. An awareness of this can improve your visual sweeps to CCB and ultimately your final visual alignment.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll ask another way.

Is it beneficial to use your left eye for cte and your right eye for aiming?

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    83.8 KB · Views: 2,840

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, it is OBVIOUS as your skills develop with this different way of aiming.

I DID NOT SAY THAT YOU CHOOSE, EXCEPT FOR STRAIGHT-IN SHOTS. THERE IS A CHOICE FOR ZERO ANGLE SHOTS IN CTE PRO ONE, LCBE OR RCBE.

That's fine as you do not have to buy in. I am speaking from thousands of hours with this system and U am trying to shorten the learning curve for others.
You are using one eye or the other now. An awareness of this can improve your visual sweeps to CCB and ultimately your final visual alignment.

Stan Shuffett

Bump: I added new info to this post.

Stan

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since this thread has been trolled and derailed, I think I am through with this thread. I enjoying sharing but no linger in the midst of foolish trolling from an immature individual.

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stan, I didn't understand. My understanding now, if I have it correct, is the only time the dominant eye thing comes into play is straight in shots. Correct? All other shots need not be concerned about which eye is picking up what. Correct?

Stan, ignore Satori, he's obviously a moronic tool. I am certain none of the people truly interested in your system pay any attention to his drivel. I would recommend everyone reading this thread, however, hit the report button to advise the Mods of his crap. I'm confident Mr. Wilson will deal with him.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stan, I didn't understand. My understanding now, if I have it correct, is the only time the dominant eye thing comes into play is straight in shots. Correct? All other shots need not be concerned about which eye is picking up what. Correct?

Stan, ignore Satori, he's obviously a moronic tool. I am certain none of the people truly interested in your system pay any attention to his drivel. I would recommend everyone reading this thread, however, hit the report button to advise the Mods of his crap. I'm confident Mr. Wilson will deal with him.

Yes, that is correct concerning straight-ins and your strongest visual approach for those shots.

For other shots, the awareness of the aiming eye can result in your optimal visual alignment at CCB. There can be slight variations according to the shot at hand.

Stan Shuffett