Show your full leather JB cases

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm giving thought to an oiled leather JB case. I need it like a snail needs airbrakes. Kindly show your JB full leather cases if you would. Thanks, Frank

Baron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love mine. JB Mason case, 2x4 with just a little bit of tooling. Took this photo for the "2017 what's in your case" thread so the focal point of the image is all the stuff beside the case, but you get the idea.

The only only only thing I wish was different about it is I wish it had red interior. Very minor point.

356b1129929e8df9d261e7e1af4faa7f.jpg

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I love mine. JB Mason case, 2x4 with just a little bit of tooling. Took this photo for the "2017 what's in your case" thread so the focal point of the image is all the stuff beside the case, but you get the idea.

The only only only thing I wish was different about it is I wish it had red interior. Very minor point.

356b1129929e8df9d261e7e1af4faa7f.jpg

Very sharp. Nicely done

runout1961

Ecclesiastes Ch. 12: 1-7
Silver Member
Does this count? Brown oil tan case. In progress of course..... Should be done soon. Can't wait to get it in!

0df3d23c2860c22a04e2400f9884e97f.jpg

f61a3d8e399ecb2bafad64a87f4629a0.jpg

5902c84d6d039c494bd2e721526c643a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Does this count? Brown oil tan case.

It definitely counts....and gets an extra credit. I'm targeting something similar. I like the oiled leather. It's durable. Rub some spit on blemishes and they cover up. Nice pick. Worth waiting for.:thumbup:

runout1961

Silver Member
It definitely counts....and gets an extra credit. I'm targeting something similar. I like the oiled leather. It's durable. Rub some spit on blemishes and they cover up. Nice pick. Worth waiting for.:thumbup:

Thanks bud. It looks pretty dark in these pics but I'm sure it will be a tad lighter when I get it in and take some good pics outside. I'll be sure to post them here as well. Good idea for a thread. I wanted a simple case with as less weight as possible and the two 8" pockets towards the bottom. I have no use for a jump cue pocket.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Decision made...had to flip a coin. The pictures are from JB's website. I originally wanted the case with the rounded pocket and front zippered bottom pocket but ended up with the square pockets.(top picture). The square opens differently and will accommodate my doodads a little easier.
All of JB's leather cases are a great choice. I like the oiled leather....the blems and scratches cover up nicely when treated. I prefer 303protectant on this kind of leather.

Attachments

• img_2808.jpg
    img_2808.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 382
  • img_2820 (1).jpg
    img_2820 (1).jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 368
Last edited:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
runout1971.....are you connected with a different brand and if so, what might that be?
I also concur about the quality of John's cases but unlike the OP, I prefer the look of the
rounded pocket sandwiched between the top and bottom rectangle pockets.....JMO.

Oiled tan leather is a great choice for a rugged look but John also makes a basketweave
style that has a distinctly different appearance but with the same amenities. I've been
looking for a case -maker to undertake a specialy theme hard leather case but haven't
found anyone. At this point, a pretty standard 4x8 JB hard leather case looks suitable.

The case you selected is an excellent choice and please indulge the gender insuation but
this style conveys a masculine appearance, sort of like a pair of Timberland Boots. I hope
you get to enjoy years of use from your new case.

Matt B.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You posted.....

"I think those add character to the case. Great choice though. Our cases will be somewhat similar. Can't go wrong with a JB."

So when I read "our cases wil be somewhat similar", my take was that your reference use of
"our" pertained to a different case maker than JB Cases but perhaps I miunderstood? Gold
Crown's post was directly referencing JB Cases & so I inferred your use of "our" was regarding
a different brand than JB Cases........sorry if I did an oops.

runout1961

Silver Member
You posted.....

"I think those add character to the case. Great choice though. Our cases will be somewhat similar. Can't go wrong with a JB."

So when I read "our cases wil be somewhat similar", my take was that your reference use of
"our" pertained to a different case maker than JB Cases but perhaps I miunderstood? Gold
Crown's post was directly referencing JB Cases & so I inferred your use of "our" was regarding
a different brand than JB Cases........sorry if I did an oops.

Take a look at post #7

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yup....saw that and didn't associate that as being made by JB but rather a case in progress.
In the prior post, Gold Crown asked how long it would take to make a case and then you
subsequently posted "Does this count...." and posted photos without answering Gold Crown's
query about how long the case would take. So I just thought you were a different case-maker
and were posting photos of a similar case in progress. Hence, the reference to "our" cases
was misunderstood and I simply was curious to know if perhaps you happened to be a different
case-maker. That's why I phrased my question "are you with" & "and, if so, what might that be".

The only thing that really matters in this post is that Gold Crown is pleased with the case he ordered
and based upon the photos, he has every reason to be excited about its imminent arrival

runout1961

Silver Member
Yup....saw that and didn't associate that as being made by JB

Come on man, why would I post the progress pics of my JB case in a thread titled show me your full leather JB case if the progress pics of the case I was posting was not a JB case? Lol really?

runout1961

Silver Member
After you get your case you have to post on "What's in your JB case" The fun continues.

I wouldn't be too much fun with that one. I'm a minimalist when it comes to the "stuff" I carry in my case. Just a few basic essentials and that's about it.

The Barton's sent me some more progress pics. Almost done. They have been great to deal with throughout the ordering process.

694a0550fd4619b828bf8d35969e94f1.jpg

2e5dad672033dace6caaa7ae42b29ea1.jpg