Recognize This Meucci?

BFC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Trying to ID this bad boy here... Anyone recognize?

Attachments

• IMG_3851.jpg
    IMG_3851.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 1,009

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Sorry, never seen that one before and I've seen a lot of them.

Maybe that's one that was made in China?

:p

TILT9

Banned
Rip Off Knockoff

Bob Meucci tried relentlessly to stop these from flooding
eBay auctions and could not.
Greedy low life buyers scooped the knockoffs up and
resold them as genuine.
The exact same is happening with Justis case knockoffs.

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
Knock-off Adams?

Bob Meucci tried relentlessly to stop these from flooding
eBay auctions and could not.
Greedy low life buyers scooped the knockoffs up and
resold them as genuine.
The exact same is happening with Justis case knockoffs.
Are there other brands that got knocked-off?
I have an Adams Ritz that basically looks good but has off-center MOP dots and not so good notched diamonds.
I only paid $100 for it and it plays good, so no loss. But I'd to know so if I sell it when I get old, I know what it is or is not.

Last edited:

BFC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting theory about the knock-offs. Can someone back up or provide more details on:

Bob Meucci tried relentlessly to stop these from flooding eBay auctions and could not.

Does this still happen a lot?

Texdance

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...Greedy low life buyers scooped the knockoffs up and
resold them as genuine.
The exact same is happening with Justis case knockoffs...

Thar ain't no justis, no sirree...

I have a great ebook called Poorly Made in China - An Insiders Account of the Tactics Behind China's Production Game, by Paul Midler

Chinese manufacturers get their money up front, then make a small test batch exactly to the spec. They make sure their first batch passes quality inspection by the American importer. But on future re-orders the Chinese make changes to the ingredients, the quality or quantity, maybe the packaging - all to increase their profit. They get away with this because the buyer has to pay up front, and has no idea what he is buying until the container with his imported product arrives at a US warehouse.

The Chinese have shipped us things like tainted dog food and peanut butter... and watered down milk that killed a dozen children.

Later the Chinese manufacturers shipped milk, baby formula, and other foodstuffs tainted with melamine. 300,000 victims were reported.

Chinese used lead paint on children's toys, because it was cheaper than child-safe paint they were supposed to use. Children chewed the toys and swallowed poisonous lead paint. You can imagine.

A whole batch of health care liquids were packaged in plastic bottles - the Chinese made the walls of those bottles thinner and thinner and thinner to save on bulk plastic. Those bottles flopped over on the store shelves, because the plastic walls were too thin to support the weight off the liquid inside. The Chinese saved pennies per batch on bulk plastic. That lone bad shipment lost a major contract, and eventually caused the importer to declare bankruptcy.

Finally there were the eight colorful scented body sprays, each one a different scent, and each packaged in a bright and different color. By the third batch, there was only one scent, which was in every bottle - apple and banana and melon and the other scents all smelled alike, though none smelled like apple, or banana, or melon, or whatever. The eight bright and different color packages devolved into just one not-so-bright color, with some gray added to each color to try to make the bottles look different.

Bottom line is this - a knockoff Chinese cue is a ripoff, and bad for the original cue builder and every buyer on down the line. But a batch of knockoff cues are nowhere near as bad as the adulterated Chinese products which cause sickness and death - and there are plenty of them out there, undiscovered as yet.

Last edited:

BFC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah those preoaidar cues have been around for a long time now...

Texdance, your post... the excerpt... just boils my blood.

Last edited:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For some reason I thought it was a Jim Rempe model, then looked those up, the red bar in one of them is what caught my eye.,

Meucci-Jim-Rempe-Series-2.jpg

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
Bottom line is....
No mention of the Knock-off Muecci Cues or the story behind them.
Just a diatribe about the potential for China food and cosmetic products to be tainted.
Many other countries do the same, just to domestic products that are purchased by their own people.
and then an infomercial for an e-book.
Please stay on subject:
Pool, Billiards, Cues, Tables, etc.

...Greedy low life buyers scooped the knockoffs up and
resold them as genuine.

I have a great ebook called Poorly Made in China - An Insiders Account of the Tactics Behind China's Production Game, by Paul Midler

Bottom line is this - a knockoff Chinese cue is a ripoff, and bad for the original cue builder and every buyer on down the line.

BFC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am 1100% convinced it is counterfeit now. Found another one with this loop pattern on eBay right now... look at the close up pics.,.. no way its a Meucci. There is not a single Meucci that I am aware of having this style of loop (the black outline that forms a loop at the top and bottom.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Unknown-4-Point-Meucci-Cue-w-Case-/272730334530?

So brutal. Look at the buttsleeve, joint, and where the materials come together. I think they are from the same counterfeit line.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 253
  • wevt.jpg
    wevt.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 255
  • we5y.jpg
    we5y.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 253
  • wtvw.jpg
    wtvw.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Might be worth a try. Can they possibly be worse than authentic Meucci's? (Not counting the 'real' Meucci Originals)!

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am 1100% convinced it is counterfeit now. Found another one with this loop pattern on eBay right now... look at the close up pics.,.. no way its a Meucci. There is not a single Meucci that I am aware of having this style of loop (the black outline that forms a loop at the top and bottom.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Unknown-4-Point-Meucci-Cue-w-Case-/272730334530?

So brutal. Look at the buttsleeve, joint, and where the materials come together. I think they are from the same counterfeit line.

:sorry:

No, this is a real Meucci from around 1996-1998. .....This model is on a cover of a Meucci catalog.

This is a Winter Series #2.

Last edited: