Thoroughbred Tips - The tip of choice for Blue Grass Cues

gutshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been working with Richard Harris to create a great playing tip that is more affordable that some of the other layered tips on the market, but plays just as well or better. These tips consist of 8 layers of brown premium Japanese pigskin. The tips are individually tested for hardness and compressibility and come in Very Soft, Soft, Medium Soft, Medium, Medium Hard and Hard (as requested). Retail price is $10. If you are a cuemaker, I am offering these tips at a discount to help Richard's fellow cuemakers out.

A couple pictures of these tips are shown installed on Richard cues. There is more information on the website (thoroughbredtips.com).

Let me know if you have any questions.

Kelly

Attachments

• 20170730_181403.jpg
    20170730_181403.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 1,825
  • tips.jpg
    tips.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 1,378

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i am not a cuemaker
i tried to go to your website but i was not directed to any sited about cue tips ( all horse stuff)
pm me info on how to order and cost to me as a non cuemaker
thanks

JC

Coos Cues
At what price are you offering them to cuemakers?

Is this a secret or something?

JC

gutshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All PM's responded to.

An added note:

The majority of the tips are made to fall between Soft and Medium Hard. Richard and I test out a ton of tips to get the hardness levels right. The Soft tips (S) feel softer than a Kamui SS while the Medium (M) feel a little softer than a Kamui Medium. We both really love the Medium Soft and Mediums. Several from our test group really liked the Soft's, Very Soft's and Medium Hards.

From time to time we will have tips that test out to Very Soft (VS) or Hard (H) and we will offer those to players that like a really soft or really hard hit.

Kelly

14.1'er

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just ordered 2 MS..... I'm playing with the MS right now and love them. Far better tip than Kamui and less than half the price.

They feel and play great and don't glaze over. Chalk holding is excellent.