WHAT Single Edge BLADE is BEST FOR TRIMMING TIPS ???

cuesdefuentes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
a kiridashi should work well, beveled only on one side. they come in right or left handed. or the tina blade from Tiger (i think). the important part is to make sure the blade is SHARP. learn how to sharpen. i personally use a small wood carving knife. look up sloyd knife.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Lennox titanium if you can afford it .
Irwin after that .

I saw my late mentor use a hand planer blade one time. It went through the tip like butter.

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
They aren't single edged,but I really like the ceramic utility blades from ceramicknife.org.

I've used one to put on probably 40 tips including Kamui with the clear pad and it's still sharp enough it worries me some :thumbup:. Tommy D.

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
I use any utility knife blade........... some are sharper than others, some last longer than others............... but any will do just fine

Kim

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
I have a big supply of Stanley blades as they were on sale quite often about 5 years ago. When I take a new one out, I use it to trim the side only, I use a previously used blade for trimming the radius. When the new one gets a bit dull from trimming the sides, I then use it to trim the radius, and pull out another new blade for side trimming. I paid $10 per 100 blades, so if I have a dull one right out of the gate, NP, throw it away and move on. If you use one to trim the side, and another to trim the radius, that will extend the life of the blades used overall, and it's a win win... for about 10 cents a blade....IMO. No need to spend $$ for ceramic coated ones.
Dave

ddcuerepair

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dewalt Carbide coated. I can use one for an entire tournament. Get them at Home Depot. They are higher that the Stanley blade but out last them big time.