WPA has spoken! Lol

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is their first response to the players not getting paid in China. They spend more time whining about them not getting paid though. Has anyone figured out what the WPA actually does yet?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-08-21-07-45-25.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-08-21-07-45-25.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 861
  • Screenshot_2017-08-21-07-45-36.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-08-21-07-45-36.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 848

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Aware of previous payment issues involving his promoter?

Sounds like negligent behavior (behaviour) on the part of WPA. That is not acting appropriately on behalf of its members.

Wpa should ( be forced to )make immediate payments to affected members and pursue the promoter to recoup its costs.

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
I admire the sound business logic in airing internal dispute details and it does not, whatsoever, appear to be a, "he started it!" 5-year-old's argument at all.

Oh wait ...

For the next organization that will save pool, I might suggest hiring a Business Manager with an actual degree in business management, and perhaps a qualified Public Relations officer.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
The WPA & BCA has been a jerk-job for many, many years. WPA= the top hustle in pool. One day, I hope the players will take pro pool out of the hands of all middle men. Johnnyt

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
So.... they have a contract. But they don't enforce the contract?

That's what I thought. I get the feeling the WPA doesn't really have any power to enforce it. I mean, they can withhold sanctioning. But that would require taking the event off the calendar and losing the sanctioning money, which they clearly don't want to do. So it's like a making a threat you can't really follow through on. But without repercussions, the offending parties will continue to act as they please.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's not like the WPA has a bunch of promoters around the world lined up wanting to pay them money to sanction tournaments.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The WPA & BCA has been a jerk-job for many, many years. WPA= the top hustle in pool. One day, I hope the players will take pro pool out of the hands of all middle men. Johnnyt

Good luck with that pro pool players have zero foothold , no unity and not much of a product to market

Ky Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What kind of organization sanctions an event without being paid sanctioning fees upfront?

Logic tells me that if you don't have the money to pay upfront there will likely be problems on the back end. The rob peter to pay paul business dynamic only goes so far.

Barry did it with the US Open for years. No different here in my opinion.

Since I'm gonna win the powerball this week, I have true intentions of taking over professional pool.

First, I would like any and all interested sponsors and players send me a check for $1000.

Let the games begin!!!

ps...pm me for address, contract, and a list of upcoming events! :thumbup:

Thank you so much for your time!

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What kind of organization sanctions an event without being paid sanctioning fees upfront?

Logic tells me that if you don't have the money to pay upfront there will likely be problems on the back end. The rob peter to pay paul business dynamic only goes so far.

Barry did it with the US Open for years. No different here in my opinion.

Since I'm gonna win the powerball this week, I have true intentions of taking over professional pool.

First, I would like any and all interested sponsors and players send me a check for $1000.

Let the games begin!!!

ps...pm me for address, contract, and a list of upcoming events! :thumbup:

Thank you so much for your time!

The difference between the U.S. Open and Asia is that Barry never had the money to pay in the first place. With China and other international countries, the hundreds of thousands in prize money comes from their government who dictates when they will pay. It almost always is sometime after the event takes place to assure that it wasn't a scam.

You can try, but you won't be successful trying to dictate to one of those governments when to pay. All you can do is wait and hope they keep their promise in a reasonable period of time, which they mostly do.

I have witnessed instances where a change of regime can cause an extensive delay in payment.

Don't forget all the events that the WPA negotiated where the players were all paid successfully. The conditions were the same as well where the payment took place after the event. In those instances, payment by the government was within a reasonable period of time.

Yes it's risky, but with these types of international events, you kinda have to go with the flow if you want to participate.

Last edited:

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
I get the feeling the WPA doesn't really have any power to enforce it. I mean, they can withhold sanctioning. But that would require taking the event off the calendar and losing the sanctioning money, which they clearly don't want to do. So it's like a making a threat you can't really follow through on. But without repercussions, the offending parties will continue to act as they please.

It really is a catch 22. Here is the thing though. They absolutely have to enforce it, and really the only way is by requiring the entire advertised prize fund up front in escrow. Yes, they will lose sanctioning fees over this which they obviously don't want to lose. But if they don't do this, then they serve no real purpose whatsover, and it is only a matter of time before everyone realizes that and that puts them out of business for good. Better to provide a real and valuable service and hurt yourself in the short term, than to continue to provide nothing of any real value which will eventually lead to your demise. As it stands right now, the WPA provides no real and substantial service or value to anyone anywhere.