National pool cue company

12310bch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anybody know anything about National Pool Cue Company? Were they the same outfit as The National Pool Cue Chalk Company? Any info On National Pool Cue Company and the sticks they made would be greatly appreciated.
I can't seem to come up with much

Attachments

• DSCF1032.jpgNational cue.jpg
    DSCF1032.jpgNational cue.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 3,894

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
Anybody know anything about National Pool Cue Company? Were they the same outfit as The National Pool Cue Chalk Company? Any info On National Pool Cue Company and the sticks they made would be greatly appreciated.
I can't seem to come up with much

National Chalk Company started producing cues around 1968 in Chicago. Many great cues makers worked in Nationals cue Shop, Richard Helmstetter set the operation up by buying the equipment needed and setting it up. Bob Meucci, Ricco Cervantes, Craig Peterson and many other talented cues maker were also hired and worked together during that time. In late 1969 the company moved to Georgia and closed its door not after the move.

After the company closed it's doors cues with the National name like the photo you provided were imported by another company, I don't know their name, but the quality of the products suffered. All original National cues will National Engraved in the cues butt cap stickers were not used.

Craig

12310bch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Manwon--about national cue

Craig, I'm glad this caught your eye. Here is my conundrum.I know the stick with the National label is a piece of crap.The first 2 pictures show that label and the joint on that stick.

The rest of the pictures show another cue, which I cannot I.D., but it has the exact same joint treatment.There is no engraving of "National " on the butt. It is a well made stick and hits great. I would make it my shooter but it is only 57" long. The veneers are extremely sharp and colorful.

Do you have any Ideas?

see next thread for a few more photos

Attachments

• carvednational.jpg
    carvednational.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 3,669
  • national1.jpg
    national1.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 3,834
  • national2.jpg
    national2.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 4,074
  • national3.jpg
    national3.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 3,851
  • national4.jpg
    national4.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 4,039

12310bch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
more photos for National?

pictures pictures

Attachments

• national6.jpg
    national6.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 3,620
  • national7.jpg
    national7.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 3,869
  • national8.jpg
    national8.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 4,122
Last edited:

Dr. D

Registered
National Pool Cues

I have this cue in my collection. Anyone have any info? I heard that National gave some of the guys that went on their own a start. Helmstetter, Meucci, Craig Peterson , Cervantes, etc. I know this thread is old, however so am I!! It is a nice cue.IMGP3005.jpg

IMGP3007.jpg

IMGP3002.jpg