SVB's amazing kick shot at the Dixieland Classic event

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is from last weeks Dixieland Classic not the Scotty Townsend Memorial i made a mistake on the Thread title sorry :frown: but still a great shot no matter what event

Danny Smith played a "lock up safety" on Shane VanBoening.

Shane Vanboening came with the most amazing shot ever.

After careful calculating and measuring......HE MADE IT! It's Hill Hill to move into 4th place! (this was on a side table, not TV table.)

Check out how Shane does a little hop after he made it :grin:

Check out the video here https://www.facebook.com/318365238193574/videos/1598534940176591/

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Notice that Shane took the last look at the one-ball backwards while over the cue...
....that is worth more than all the kicking systems ever invented.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is from last weeks Dixieland Classic not the Scotty Townsend Memorial i made a mistake on the Thread title sorry :frown: but still a great shot no matter what event

Danny Smith played a "lock up safety" on Shane VanBoening.

Shane Vanboening came with the most amazing shot ever.

After careful calculating and measuring......HE MADE IT! It's Hill Hill to move into 4th place! (this was on a side table, not TV table.)

Check out how Shane does a little hop after he made it :grin:

Check out the video here https://www.facebook.com/318365238193574/videos/1598534940176591/
He CALLED that??? WOWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He CALLED that??? WOWWWWWWWWWWWWW

He didn't actually call it. There were no called shots. But the intent was there. I enjoyed watching him play this past weekend. It was worth every penny to go out and support the players.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He didn't actually call it. There were no called shots. But the intent was there. I enjoyed watching him play this past weekend. It was worth every penny to go out and support the players.
Hell, i "intend" to do a lot of stuff. Let's be honest here: he S*^T it in. He made a great hit to escape the hook but he got LUCKY on the 10. I gotta retract at least part of my previous"WOW".

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
this shot is better (harder) than Efren's famous Z-shot that he made against Earl when he accidentally put himself in jail.

Wow!!! :bow-down::bow-down::bow-down:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
this shot is better (harder) than Efren's famous Z-shot that he made against Earl when he accidentally put himself in jail.

Wow!!! :bow-down::bow-down::bow-down:
Seriously? Shane made a good shot but he was close to the rail and making it hop like that isn't hard at all. Efren's z-kick is WAY harder to pull off. Set up both shots(on the proper size table for each) and i guarantee you'll make the Shane hit before the Efren hit. Luck was involved in both as far as making the ball.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Seriously? Shane made a good shot but he was close to the rail and making it hop like that isn't hard at all. Efren's z-kick is WAY harder to pull off. Set up both shots(on the proper size table for each) and i guarantee you'll make the Shane hit before the Efren hit. Luck was involved in both as far as making the ball.

I'm gonna stick to my statement that going airborne off of a cushion (don't care how close he was) then up over an obstructing ball then to come into the object ball so precisely thin to successfully billiard in the 10b was def harder than Efren's magic Z shot.

That's my opinion.

And yes, both shots needed some good luck but at the end of the day, it was remarkable skill by both guys to give their respective shots a chance to work.

best,
brian kc

Last edited:
Certainly got to give him credit for getting the angle and speed correct for making the legal hit.............but getting the billiard to knock in the 10 was pure luck.
I see nothing 'wrong' with getting a lucky roll. Over the long run, they probably even out....he probably gets his share of bad rolls as well. That's just a part of any contest of skill. Life goes on.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member

just to clarify; we're not talking about making a "hit", it's making the shot, right? :smile:

I believe I could setup and attempt the SVB shot 1000 times and not make the successful 10b carom once. I might, but I doubt it.

But I'm confident that with 1000 tries, I'm making the Efren Z shot at least a few times.

Therefore, I do think this Shane shot is harder.

best,
brian kc

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Certainly got to give him credit for getting the angle and speed correct for making the legal hit.............but getting the billiard to knock in the 10 was pure luck.
I see nothing 'wrong' with getting a lucky roll. Over the long run, they probably even out....he probably gets his share of bad rolls as well. That's just a part of any contest of skill. Life goes on.
Exactly. SVB wasn't trying to make the 10b, just hit hit. Great hit? Hell yeah. Making the 10? Pretty lucky.

seven_7days

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not really sure but didn't it look like he had a much higher % kick/hit available there?
I see a much bigger "ball" if he were to hit just before the side pocket.