World 14.1 Cumulative Player List

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Do your references to azbilliards results show just final standings or individual match scores?

That AzBilliards database, to which I posted a link for each year*, just shows the finishing positions and related prize money, not the match scores.

*Results for 2016 still have not been posted in the database. From what was posted in threads after the event, here are the 2016 results:

1 -- Mika Immonen, $10,000

2 -- Earl Strickland, $4,000

3 -- Lo Li Wen, $2,500
3 -- Jayson Shaw, $2,500

5 -- Thorsten Hohmann, $1,350
5 -- Ralph Eckert, $1,350
5 -- Darren Appleton, $1,350
5 -- John Schmidt, $1,350

9 -- Frank Scharbach, $900
9 -- Danny Harriman, $900
9 -- Johnny Archer, $900
9 -- Zion Zvi, $900
9 -- Jorge Rodriguez, $900
9 -- Stephan Cohen, $900
9 -- Dennis Orcollo, $900
9 -- Tony Robles, $900

17 -- Shane Van Boening, $300
17 -- Jonathan Smith, $300
17 -- Sean Morgan, $300
17 -- Danny Barouty, $300
17 -- Michael Yednak, $300
17 -- Ron Dobosenski, $300
17 -- Holden Chin, $300
17 -- Bobby Hunter, $300

Total purse -- $34,000

[Note -- Excludes any high-run prize(s).]

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Danny H.

I played in 2016. Ya maybe a different cut and paste format or it seems the politicly correct get elusively highlighted
Edit: OK I see the 2016 results - my bad.

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Quality vs quantity

Does anyone else think it might be a good thought to shrink the field of players and add ref's.? Not knocking the tournament hear just a suggestion. I may be wrong, plus its better than no world straight pool event at all. Thanks to dragon promotions for helping keep 14.1 world class competition alive.

koreandragon

Banned
Gold Member
You're welcome! Good luck!

22141235_1510922605663998_1534933028286377628_n.jpg

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Does anyone else think it might be a good thought to shrink the field of players and add ref's.? ...
If the field of players is reduced, you have to find more sponsorship to make up the prize fund. Referees -- that requires either money or a fair amount of effort to recruit volunteers. In the old days, there was a referee and a scorekeeper at each table.

In looking over the fields of this and the American Championship (about to start), it's not clear how far you could cut it down. I see about 16 players listed who could win without a big surprise. I can imagine two groups of 8 going down to an 8-player single elimination chart. That would be 63 matches over six days. Alternatively, four groups of four could finish in three and a half days on four tables and 31 matches.

In the very old days, the tournaments were full round robins with a total of maybe 8 players who were either seeded or had won qualifiers.

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone else think it might be a good thought to shrink the field of players and add ref's.?

I think having referees is a first step towards making tournaments run more efficiently. but even if local leagues can't do it, I doubt even the bigger tournaments will follow suit. Hell, if it was available, I would love to ref this or any other tournament.