J. O. B. Billiards

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Flew in today for one night. JOB is one of the stinkiest pool halls I've ever been in. So the first 9' table had some 1P action going on. After a few minutes I went to the next room with a 9' table. 1P action going on there too. That's great but I just can't hardly breathe in that place.

In walks an older gentleman with an oxygen tank. He walks right by another gentleman smoking a cigar and stops for a conversation. I was going to ask him if I could borrow his O2 but I figured he needed it more than me. So I go back to the first table to watch but just feel bad breathing nasty smoke. 5 minutes is too long in that place.

Mental note to self... Don't bring my cue with me on Nashville trips:(

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
I agree

I wish all pool rooms and bars with pool tables were smoke free. I would rather smell that one very stinky straight pool player than smoke.

Thanks

Kevin

Bank it

Uh Huh, Sounds Legit
Silver Member
Flew in today for one night. JOB is one of the stinkiest pool halls I've ever been in. So the first 9' table had some 1P action going on. After a few minutes I went to the next room with a 9' table. 1P action going on there too. That's great but I just can't hardly breathe in that place.

In walks an older gentleman with an oxygen tank. He walks right by another gentleman smoking a cigar and stops for a conversation. I was going to ask him if I could borrow his O2 but I figured he needed it more than me. So I go back to the first table to watch but just feel bad breathing nasty smoke. 5 minutes is too long in that place.

So what did you do when pool halls weren't smoke free?

spktur

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You needn't bother bringing one to Chattanooga either, our rooms are smoker friendly too. There used to be a smoke free room but it closed up. I doubt JOB will miss your business much.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So what did you do when pool halls weren't smoke free?

I played during the day when it wasn't as bad or went to rooms that weren't as stinky. It seems to affect me more now days. Maybe because I'm older, maybe because most states I travel to are nonsmoking and I'm used to not stinking when I leave.

PRED

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You needn't bother bringing one to Chattanooga either, our rooms are smoker friendly too. There used to be a smoke free room but it closed up. I doubt JOB will miss your business much.

Hope it don't get too smokey for you guys up there.

spktur

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hope it don't get too smokey for you guys up there.

About three weeks ago it was smokier outside than in the poolroom. That was when the fires on Signal Mtn and White Oak Mtn were still going.

Jiggs

Registered
Like most everything times have changed, i miss the old pool halls that were smoke filled and No juke box and for the most part No phones and even female patrons. Im not against female pool players by any standards however this loud disgusting music if you want to call it that is much harder to tollerate than any smoke filled room I have ever been in. I personally love to hear nothing better than the pool balls talking and hearing all the hustlers hustling. To me thats what makes a pool room. So to all the smoke friendly pool rooms kudo too you, now just work on the offensive juke boxs and let the action begin. The others please take your dates to the night club and be happy.