Make a deal for a 3k cue and then....

glasscitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I make a deal with a guy for a beautiful custom cue for 3k and then he asked me if I had an AZ screen name. I didn't think anything of it so I gave him my name and he comes back with I can't sell you the cue because you don't have any feedback on azb. Is this really a thing? Do people only want to do business with ranked people on a forum website? I couldn't believe that I got shot down for wanting to spend 3k on a cue!!

tenfttall

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, I'll sell to ya, Glasscitypool! Your money is good with me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HUKIT

F* ks Given...Zero
Silver Member
I could see a buyer wanting to purchase from a reputable seller but the opposite makes no sense. I run a local business and as long as the background check clears, the cash is green, and the credit card gets approved I don’t care what reputation he has been online!

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
well ya did also say you wanted to buy the Cyclop TV balls and you were local. I contacted you back an you never responded? Just sayin....

:)

Trent

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:boring2:

You might of agreed to a price but never did the deal.

If you were paying with cash, that would be great.

If you don't have any feedback anywhere, I wouldn't want to do a deal either unless it was cash.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
It happens.

I missed out on a Runde, after deal was confirmed and I was given the paypal addy.

Some strange cats out there. Look at it like a blessing. If they flake out that easy, you're better off without 'em.

glasscitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Trent I've texted you 3 times now to no response! I'll just wait till the derby and buy them for $125 now. Also the deal for the cue was to send half the money PP F&F ($1500) and half as a purchase and I pay the fee on top. Was trying to get away with using my paypal credit for half of it and slow pay for the 6 months interest free lol I have over 2k in feedback on my business paypal and some how he thinks I could scam not only him but Paypal for the $1500 purchase side.

To everyone who has a cue for sale what do you got? I like Josey, Carmeli, Gilbert and Barnhart. I'm not really in the market but if I fall in love with a cue I will always make room for it.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
So I make a deal with a guy for a beautiful custom cue for 3k and then he asked me if I had an AZ screen name. I didn't think anything of it so I gave him my name and he comes back with I can't sell you the cue because you don't have any feedback on azb. Is this really a thing? Do people only want to do business with ranked people on a forum website? I couldn't believe that I got shot down for wanting to spend 3k on a cue!!

You could buy a cue from me with an iou

glasscitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You could buy a cue from me with an iou

I'll take one of each then and your sig please :)

It's not fake news, I wish it was though. One side of me said thank god this guy backed out because I really don't need another cue. But the other side of me feels like I got my puppy stolen!

I already have two high end AC's, a gilbert, a jim peirce and a Mike Stacey. So I was trying to add this to the closet but nope not today lol

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Trent I've texted you 3 times now to no response! I'll just wait till the derby and buy them for $125 now. Also the deal for the cue was to send half the money PP F&F ($1500) and half as a purchase and I pay the fee on top. Was trying to get away with using my paypal credit for half of it and slow pay for the 6 months interest free lol I have over 2k in feedback on my business paypal and some how he thinks I could scam not only him but Paypal for the $1500 purchase side.

To everyone who has a cue for sale what do you got? I like Josey, Carmeli, Gilbert and Barnhart. I'm not really in the market but if I fall in love with a cue I will always make room for it.

(419)491-7476 is a LAND LINE....No texts there.

glasscitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
(419)491-7476 is a LAND LINE....No texts there.

What's a landline? lol just kidding. If you want to sell a set for the $125 I'm at racktime every Monday 9-10:30 and Thursday 7:30-10 for leagues. You did a nice Job on the tables over there by the way, I was shocked Jason finally did them.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member

PM me, I'll help you get a nice cue just like you want, lots of dealers are salivating at your post

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
What's a landline? lol just kidding. If you want to sell a set for the $125 I'm at racktime every Monday 9-10:30 and Thursday 7:30-10 for leagues. You did a nice Job on the tables over there by the way, I was shocked Jason finally did them.

Yeah, its old school for sure! Its actually not a landline, but, the modern version of one, its a VOIP number.

I will pass, I pay more than that directly from Diamond.

THANK'S A TON! I was so happy he asked me to do most of them, will be doing the 9's next and will be maintaining them all. I worked very hard to learn how to stretch the Simonis properly!

Trent from Toledo

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Something sounds odd to this story.......if a buyer sends the seller $3k for the cue, a seller usually
doesn't care about not having any buyer feedback on Az or elsewhere. As long as a seller receives payment
in full prior to shipping the cue, I can't imagine a seller not wanting to do business with a buyer as long as
they are paid in full before shipping the cue. One person's cash buys the same amount of goods as any other's
person's cash.....all things being equal of course. I suspect there's more to this than mentioned and of course,
buyers need to be careful about sellers since a cue could be described inaccurately or the cue never even arrives.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
it is poss for a buyer to be a ball breaker all the way up to being an all-out scammer even if he funds a purchase in full prior to shipping. So a seller is still taking a somewhat of a risk when selling to a buyer unknown to him.

With that said, you can always ask for references or take other things into consideration like, for instance, in the case of the op he's been a member of az for 11 years and that should provide a good measure of comfort.

Plus, few scammers assume the role of a buyer - a much higher % are acting as sellers.

best,
brian kc

runscott

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I almost never look at a seller's or buyer's itrader feedback until it's time to leave itrader feedback. But I do look at join date and post-count when I am thinking about buying. Selling, I don't care.

More importantly, if you haven't been the victim of an AZ roasting you probably aren't interesting enough to drink a beer with, much less to sell a cue to.

Badbeat13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The seller probably just wanted to be paid in full before shipping
the cue out. That's the only thing that would make any sense to
me. No seller is going to back out of a 3K deal on a cue, unless
he has another buyer or is having seller's remorse on a cue. If
you pay 1st, then he'll ship it, that's probably the bottom line here.

I was on the other side of this last week. I have 35 positive iTraders
and no negative ones. I agreed to buy a cue off of someone who
didn't have any iTraders on here. He insisted that I pay 1st. I said
no way, but gave him a few options. Send the cue and then I pay,
send the cue COD, or use an escarole service. The seller turned
down all 3 options, so there was no way I was going to pursue that
deal any longer. Just too much risk with all the scammers and crooks
out there.