What is the typical cost for table installation and setup?

Joe Mags

Registered
I'm moving along in the process of buying a table. One option I have is to buy online and have the table delivered to me. Assuming I can find a good mechanic in my area, what can I expect to pay for him or her to setup a new table?

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My flatmate and I just got a 7'slate table. The tech broke it down, moved it(30 miles) set everything back up and leveled it. paid 300.00. I talked to 4 techs in total and prices ranged from 275-400.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Welcome aboard. Find a recommended installer and get a ballpark from them. Assembly is everything. Do it right....buy once cry once.

Last edited:

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
TX don't have any pool table mechanics!

I am not really quite sure where you got that information, do you live in Texas as well?
From a logical perspective do you really think the 2nd biggest state in the country by population doesn't have any professionals to work on pool tables?

There is a list on azbilliards of mechanics, which includes mechanics in Texas, although the list only includes members on this forum who have specifically asked to be added to the list.
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=54305

I would think you are trying to add to the conversation mate, so I am wondering maybe I misunderstand the meaning of mechanic. Maybe the "tech" I had wasn't a "mechanic", so I rephrased my post for clarification.

The person who broke down the pool table, moved it(30 miles) set everything back up and leveled it, charged us 300.00. I talked to 4 "techs" in total and prices ranged from 275-400.

The "tech" I referenced is from a store front local billiard store, where all they do is sale and repair pool tables. He has no other job other than moving recovering and replacing tables cushions for a living for the store and locals business such as Clicks.

May I ask what part of the country you live in and the cost of having it professionally installed?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I am not really quite sure where you got that information, do you live in Texas as well?
From a logical perspective do you really think the 2nd biggest state in the country by population doesn't have any professionals to work on pool tables?

There is a list on azbilliards of mechanics, which includes mechanics in Texas, although the list only includes members on this forum who have specifically asked to be added to the list.

I would think you are trying to add to the conversation mate, so I am wondering maybe I misunderstand the meaning of mechanic. Maybe the "tech" I had wasn't a "mechanic", so I rephrased my post for clarification.

The person who broke down the pool table, moved it(30 miles) set everything back up and leveled it, charged us 300.00. I talked to 4 "techs" in total and prices ranged from 275-400.

The "tech" I referenced is from a store front local billiard store, where all they do is sale and repair pool tables. He has no other job other than moving recovering and replacing tables cushions for a living for the store and locals business such as Clicks.

May I ask what part of the country you live in and the cost of having it professionally installed?
And what kind of pool table do you own if i may ask?

realkingcobra

Silver Member

I'll consider the fact that you must not know who i am...LOL but for what it's worth, yes, I've worked on pool tables all over TX, as aell as the surounding states, and have asked customers on more than one occasion....where did you buy this pool table....TX?, only to be told yes....how did you know?....LMAO

realkingcobra

Silver Member

The TX mechanic listed, Reverend....lives in AZ, but also sometimes works in TX, that's why there's no others listed. And for what it's worth, store front mechanics are the least knowledgeable for the most part, to call and have work done on pool tables.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
If you buy a Diamond or Valley bar box it should be pretty cheap, just unbolt the legs, carry it in, bolt legs back on and level it, all done!!!!

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
I'll consider the fact that you must not know who i am..
RKC, the guy just joined, so he probably doesn't know who you are. He probably assumes you're just another internet hack and not one of the top table mechanics in the known universe.

Next time you're in TX (Houston area), make sure you start a new thread. My table could use a magician's touch.

-td

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
And for what it's worth, store front mechanics are the least knowledgeable for the most part, to call and have work done on pool tables.

Store Front Hacks. Nice people. Very courteous. The table is never right unless the buyer does not know the difference. I’m one of those buyers but learned quickly. My buddy in Maryland bought a beautiful table .... and had to have it redone as the installation was poor. He sought a competent tech to redo.
Store Front Hacks.... Florida is full of them. Pa. has its share.

erhino41

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM? :eek:

Easy RKC.

No kidding! Instead of answering a simple question from a new forum member or simply clarifying your unneeded remark, you come in with the same auto-fellating bull crap you always do. You may know tables better than *most*, but you sure as hell don't know how to simply interact with people.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No kidding! Instead of answering a simple question from a new forum member or simply clarifying your unneeded remark, you come in with the same auto-fellating bull crap you always do. You may know tables better than *most*, but you sure as hell don't know how to simply interact with people.

:thumbup: I wondered if I was the only person who got that impression.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It's like he sits and waits for the opportunity to jump on people any time anything about table mechanics comes up. I enjoyed hanging out with the guy from tampa who did my table, I can't imagine having to listen to this guy and wouldn't want him in my home if this is how he treats people. Maybe that's why the benefit awhile back cell so flat.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
It's like he sits and waits for the opportunity to jump on people any time anything about table mechanics comes up. I enjoyed hanging out with the guy from tampa who did my table, I can't imagine having to listen to this guy and wouldn't want him in my home if this is how he treats people. Maybe that's why the benefit awhile back cell so flat.

Or...it could be that most people like you wouldn't know a good job from a bad one....because you don't know shit in the first place, afterall, people like you don't know the DIFFERENCE between a good pool table and a BAD one!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
:thumbup: I wondered if I was the only person who got that impression.

I asked you what kind of pool table you owned....you never answered me, but I'd bet it's one i wouldn't work on because it's not worth a shit, and you really have no idea what kind of job was done on your pool table, because you don't know the difference anyway! All you were proud of was making the point of how cheap you got the job done for, like what you paid....should be the price everywhere, not just in TX! I can tell you for sure, without a doubt....it was a hack job....post up some pictures of your table and prove me wrong! If you'll notice in this thread....not ONE pool table mechanic chimed in about the pricing of the requested work....why do you suppose that is?