Ko Pin-yi Match

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Did anyone see a TPA for Ko Pin-yi's 11-1 win on the stream table? I didn't see one but it had to be pretty sick.

QuietStorm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At one point, the commentators referred to Ko Pin Yi as a young Efren Reyes. Ko Pin Yi is phenomenal. I believe I saw Jason Shaw sit in the TV seats just to watch the last few games. I would be worried if I were Shaw or SVB.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Did anyone see a TPA for Ko Pin-yi's 11-1 win on the stream table? I didn't see one but it had to be pretty sick.

Accu-Stats only does TPA's on their "full production" matches. The Ko/Giallourakis match was not one of those. But his TPA would have been real high; he missed two shots and fouled once.

pooladdict

no doubt about it
Silver Member
Accu-Stats only does TPA's on their "full production" matches. The Ko/Giallourakis match was not one of those. But his TPA would have been real high; he missed two shots and fouled once.

According to Giallourakis he had his first shot at 0-5, ran out that game, broke dry and sat in the chair the rest of the match.

Taking into consideration the selective memory most of us have after a match gone wrong, I would guess that the two misses could have in the first 5 games, leaving the greek nothing - and then a foul on 5-0.

Sounds like an impressive performance

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Ko's TPA on TV table have been pretty impressive. Correct me if I am wrong but I recall 1 year his TPA was one of highest but he still lost the match to the Japanese player who had lower TPA.

Not to jinx him but I think this just may be his year. :smile:

benny-the-blade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ko's TPA on TV table have been pretty impressive. Correct me if I am wrong but I recall 1 year his TPA was one of highest but he still lost the match to the Japanese player who had lower TPA.

Yes, that happened. I remember because I had a bet on Big Ko that match. 😀

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It is a long road. Capable, for sure...but so are 20+ others.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Yes, Ko had the highest TPA (.953) in the streamed matches in 2015 but lost the match to Uchigaki (.891) 11-10.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
According to Giallourakis he had his first shot at 0-5, ran out that game, broke dry and sat in the chair the rest of the match.

Taking into consideration the selective memory most of us have after a match gone wrong, I would guess that the two misses could have in the first 5 games, leaving the greek nothing - and then a foul on 5-0.

Sounds like an impressive performance

Ko's two misses were in Game 5 and Game 6. The latter is the game Giallourakis won -- Ko made a ball on the break, missed a 1/4 combo, and Gialloourakis ran out. The miss in Game 5 was a long, straight shot on the 2-ball. His foul was also in Game 5.

Edit -- Giallourakis' first shot was in Game 4, with a jump cue. He had 2 innings in Game 5.

Last edited: