Monster Tim Scruggs Cue MOP Diamonds & Maple Blocks, Ebony Points

tigerlam92

Registered
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Price Reduced : Monster Tim Scruggs Cue MOP Diamonds & Maple Blocks, Ebony Points

I blamed it on Nick for getting me my dream fancy Scruggs, with that I am letting go of my others, fantastic Scruggs.

Here we have a very cool old-school TS cue with Tim's early logo. IMO, this cue is in great shape for it’s age. I believe I was told it was refinished by Tim in 2009 or something like that. This one has something extra special even for a TS, as soon as you hold it and take a hit. First shot, I actually said out loud, “WOW”.

I really like the design and the color combination with the wrap - the stained maple blocks, thin maple rings and mop notched diamonds in the butt sleeve. The forearm is stained maple with ebony points and natural yellow maple and black alternating veneers which look real nice against the dark stain.

Cue features Tim's famous 5/16 14 ss joint and the butt weighs 15.6 oz with a killer shaft at 4.4 oz and 13mm. There is a weight bolt present. Cue also has beige with light brown speck linen wrap that feels like it may be genuine Cortland line.

The 13mm shaft appears to be really old dense aged wood; it has something really special to it. Together with the butt, the cue just feels special, a fine crafted tool with the spirit of the maker. Of my three TS, this one feel most special.

Comes with a 2nd shaft with matching ringwork, that is not original to this cue. It is approximately 12.2 mm and slightly shorter.

Cue was a player and as such does have a few finish dings (I don't notice or see them) and everything is perfectly straight together and apart.

We don't see a bunch of these early TS pointed cues and, especially, at this price point.

Price Reduced to $SOLD Shipped with Second Day Priority to CONUS with Paypal Gift.

FullSizeRender (4).jpg

FullSizeRender (5).jpg

FullSizeRender (6).jpg

FullSizeRender (7).jpg

Last edited:

tigerlam92

Registered
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Getting some inquiries but still here for now. Price is reduced to make it easier for everyone.

$SOLD shipped as Paypal Gift with Second Day Priority to CONUS. or else just add 3% for normal Paypal.

This should really be a keeper but I prefer 12 or 11.8 mm and really don't want to modify this special shaft.

Thank you

Last edited: