SVB vs Earl

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I might come up for this.

What kind of 10'er and is it there now?
Jason
It's a Diamond same table they have the Bigfoot 10 Ball Challenge on at the Midwest Billiard Expo every year

And yes it is always there

16194914_1619659561385400_4121545514553438743_n.jpg

Last edited:

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
The 10' table they played on was an Earl gaff table. My money is on Shane this time. Johnnyt

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is a friendly exhibition, both players are getting paid. Check out those VIP seats (sold out). Nice of Big Dog and Shane to do something for Earl. He needs all the help he can get at this point in his career.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I think svb has been playing with an extension on his cue all the time now.

I was being a wise guy.
When is this long cue business going to stop?
....when a spectator loses an eye on someone's backstroke? :eek:

JohnnyP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jay: It looked like things were going good for Earl a couple years ago at Steinway.

Steinway was getting press like mad, free streaming pool every weekend, it seems.

Now it's gone. What happened?

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
I was being a wise guy.
When is this long cue business going to stop?
....when a spectator loses an eye on someone's backstroke? :eek:

Well, if we're going to have the long cues I think we should at least put them to good use.

I say let there be a joust before each match to determine who breaks.

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe it's just me, but I would have had 10ball be the first night, then have a race to 400 in straight pool the second night and then top it off with he 9 ball segment. anyways, hope all goes well.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Of course they have a competitive nature- I just meant it won't be as significant because no money is riding on it. I'd still love to watch it though. Wish they were playing in LA

Between these 2 players, money or no money, they'llplay there hearts out because neither wants to lose to the other, pride is worth more than money to both.

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Place your bets fellers.

SVB vs Earl in a 3-day Event in Iowa on May 4, 5 and 6th.

10b, 8b and straight pool I believe, 2 out of 3 sets and race to 200 straight pool on the last day.

Don't know the amount that is being wagered though, but I'm sure someone else here knows that ;)

Now, I just need to know how to watch this on TV. Is it Pay for View? If so, how much and how do I sign up?

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is a friendly exhibition, both players are getting paid. Check out those VIP seats (sold out). Nice of Big Dog and Shane to do something for Earl. He needs all the help he can get at this point in his career.

Players get paid in all 2 man tournaments that we cover. FYI. Probably not as much as Dennis and Scott though.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Live coverage @ www.PoolActionTV.com

Big Dog Champions Challenge starts tomorrow @ 7pm central.

All matches played on the 10ft Diamond Bigfoot table :)

Thursday Night 9 Ball races to 11 best of three sets.

Friday Night 10 Ball races to 9 best of three sets.

Saturday Night 14-1 Straight Pool Race to 200.

20170503061411_15877357.jpg

680442_680195188665180_1822269525_o.jpg

jj-s-gif.gif

MSchaffer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like it will be:

$14.95 for Thursday
$14.95 for Friday
$14.95 for Saturday

There is also this option:

$24.95 for event pass Thursday

I'll just go ahead and assume that means Thursday through Saturday, and not just Thursday

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the question everyone wants to know is .. will earl break out the helicopter headphones? Are there any vegas odds on this yet?