Robert Harris

Walkermine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
These comments are personally offensive to me as a member of AZ.
I hope you put more thought and love into your cuebuilding than your other thought processes, which are demonstrably marginal.

I usually step over arguments online and don't interject, but you are so far off the mak with Jamie I felt it necessary to enter.

Will Prout

Totally agree. The 2013 COTY was in my collection prior to any voting here on AZ. Jamie was never associated with the promotion of or actual sale of that cue.

Paul

Last edited:

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
I dont get it at all.

Ernie, Dennis S , southwest or the Szamboti's can have the best marketing n advertising in the world, but if they are not able to deliver a product that is worth the asking value of these cuemakers in the perceived minds of consumers, nobody will buy em.
People pay top dollar for these because they feel they r gettinf the value they pay for.

A Nissan GTR can straight out smoke a ferrari 458 or lamborgini marcielago for a small fraction of the price of a these italian supercars but consumers are still paying for em because of the quality n asthetic reason these italians are making their cars !

Now , Ginas or Dennis S are not exactly known for top notch playability , a lot of other custom cues out there are known to be extremely good players , gilbert's , Olney's , Howardss and so on.
But the reason why high end collectors are coughing top dollars for it because they feel they are getting a an extremely high quality piece of art , ivory , inlays n well constructed points w flawless veneer point works all factors in as well.

So why be bitter bout it ?
Every cuemaker has his niche market , if u think you cue is that perfect then you should be flooded with orders everyday n the value of ur cue should be rising consistently on the secondary market.

If it aint, it does not necessarily mean you're a lousy maker but rather you do not fulfil that aspect in the eyes of consumers.

Southwest, Hercek, Dennis S have a crazy waiting list n value and there gotta be a postive reason behind it ?

Take it easy n lets enjoy life man

Really..LOL :rolleyes:... Next time you try to make a point, you might want to get your facts straight...

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
What im trying to say is as much as they are great playing cues but so are many other cues out there that plays great as well.

Well, you missed the mark on that by a mile. Searing are /were first known for their playability, but as time has went on, now they are known for their absolute perfection above all others.
Jason

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That guitar came from out of nowhere.....lol I am glad I was picking something up off of the ground when that thing was swinging....lol

Yeah, I don't get why someone like Mr. Harris wants to caused trouble. He builds cues for a living and he has alienated himself from the largest billiards form. To me, that is just bad business and he doesn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy buying a cue from him.

I also agree that Jamie is top notch and ran an honest contest for the COTY. I for one enjoy seeing the cues by the various makers. I have been stunned by what is possible and the amount of work that goes into the whole deal.

Thanks to Mr. Wilson for keeping the forum as civil. That drama stuff wears on a guy and you get sick if reading it, Maybe the time out will send a message

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
Well, you missed the mark on that by a mile. Searing are /were first known for their playability, but as time has went on, now they are known for their absolute perfection above all others.
Jason

Above all others? Hmm. I put him at the upper level. But no better than Ginacue, Black Boar, JossWest, Mobley, etc. He does have incredibly tight tolerances. As do all of the above. To say he's above all others is misleading. There is no single "best" cuemaker. There are upper echelon makers. But to put a Searing above a Boar is purely preference. On execution, they are on par with each other.