Rack em'

1ab

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Racking controversy has been addressed over the years in a variety of ways. Summarily to establish parody. Now opponents don't rack and templates are being used less. What I recognize now is complaining about touching balls after the rack is removed. Would prohibiting this resolve racking issues ?

1ab

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched as players "feathered" the head ball for the most part and after making the wing ball and/or the nine the opponent complained to anyone who would listen. Nobody listened so there was no violation hence the question. Should it be reason for re racking?

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I watched as players "feathered" the head ball for the most part and after making the wing ball and/or the nine the opponent complained to anyone who would listen. Nobody listened so there was no violation hence the question. Should it be reason for re racking?

Yes! Shane does this crap, he is making a small gap and it's BS!

I have NEVER racked the balls where that would help, if the ball rolled forward, no amount of "feathering" it is gonna help.
Jason

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I have NEVER racked the balls where that would help, if the ball rolled forward, no amount of "feathering" it is gonna help.
Jason

But how about this dot dot?
When I use a template comma i have to squeeze the second row together to make the rack tight.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member

Jason

In other words, SVB is every bit the rack tampering artist that Dechaine is, but people like him better, so it's okay?

LIAKOS27

NOT banned (yet)
Silver Member

Jason

Ding ding ding! We have a winner chicken dinner!!!

Depending on how the table is breaking, you get a small space either behind the 1 or behind the wing ball and you can make the wing and play for the 1!

This is why I hate 9-ball! Everyone knows it's a flawed game (rack)!

All you have to do to fix it is push out after the break! Fixed;)

Eli

Str8PoolMan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Racking controversy has been addressed over the years in a variety of ways. Summarily to establish parody. Now opponents don't rack and templates are being used less. What I recognize now is complaining about touching balls after the rack is removed. Would prohibiting this resolve racking issues ?

I think you mean "parity", not "parody".

There is plenty of parody in pool already. ;)

LIAKOS27

NOT banned (yet)
Silver Member
In other words, SVB is every bit the rack tampering artist that Dechaine is, but people like him better, so it's okay?

You have to know dechaine to understand why people don't like him!

That being said, YOU may know him and may think he is a nice guy which is completely understandable. But there are MANY people that can't stand him because of $hitty attitude!

I will be the first to say that are people that don't like me because of my attitude, but I don't care! If I have an attitude towards you, you DID something to deserve it,,,, and if you ask, I WILL tell you!

Point is, dechaine pissed off a lot of people(maybe not everybody) and that's why people favor SVB over the "head"!

But, good news, decaine says he has a drinking problem and says this is a the reason of his issues of late! Like losing his sponsorship with snookers and getting kicked out of the joss tour!

So hopefully he will beat his problem and come back stronger than ever and will be loved by all!

Good luck with that!

Eli

Ched

"Hey ... I'm back"!
Silver Member
Just IMHO - but I think there are some folks who are going to find something to complain about no matter what. Perhaps it's in search of an "excuse" when they don't win - I don't know. Human error is always going to be a part of any sport/game/pastime - as is trying to get an advantage by getting as close to the line as possible.

If I was playing for thousands of dollars, perhaps I'd care a bit more - but for me personally ... I just have a hard time getting all worked up about it. Leave your best game on that table, and congratulations to the winner.

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
You have to know dechaine to understand why people don't like him!

That being said, YOU may know him and may think he is a nice guy which is completely understandable. But there are MANY people that can't stand him because of $hitty attitude!

I will be the first to say that are people that don't like me because of my attitude, but I don't care! If I have an attitude towards you, you DID something to deserve it,,,, and if you ask, I WILL tell you!

Point is, dechaine pissed off a lot of people(maybe not everybody) and that's why people favor SVB over the "head"!

But, good news, decaine says he has a drinking problem and says this is a the reason of his issues of late! Like losing his sponsorship with snookers and getting kicked out of the joss tour!

So hopefully he will beat his problem and come back stronger than ever and will be loved by all!

Good luck with that!

Eli

Didn't get a chance to play Mike this past weekend in Erie. Didn't see him fuss with the rack while I was watching his matches. With the rules in use at Gold Crown Billiards, you get the first shot at the rack whether or not you make a ball. So, why would he manipulate? Corey was first. Hatchetman second. Mike was third / fourth. talk about rack manipulators!!! Yeow!

Lyn

Mainplayer

Gold Member
Please email me at mdpropool@gmail.com if you'd like to learn how to rack, read a rack, manipulate the rack, where to break from, pattern rack, etc. whatever you'd like to call it, I will guarantee improvement!! 😁

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Please email me at mdpropool@gmail.com if you'd like to learn how to rack, read a rack, manipulate the rack, where to break from, pattern rack, etc. whatever you'd like to call it, I will guarantee improvement!! 😁

Mike,

If I was considerably younger than my 73 years, I'd take your advice. It would be an honor to have you instruct me. I know an aweful lot. I've forgotten more than some will ever know. In todays game, your level of racking knowledge is part of what separates you from the rest of the wannabes. Except at Gold Crown!

Lyn

LIAKOS27

NOT banned (yet)
Silver Member

You and I Mike definitely have our own issues and I won't get into that. BUT,,,, everybody needs to know 1 thing, if you are looking to an improvement in your game, learn to break!

I'm not going to say Mike is the "greatest", but I will say if you are looking to learn, send him an email and take a class! You won't be disappointed, I will guarantee that!

I'll add one more thing, this is a very sensitive subject. Don't go nuts on how much it will cost! Unfortunately, the pool world needs to learn something, knowledge is $$$!

If I was Mike, (and here I am sticking up for him, who da think right!) I would charge a pretty penny! I would consider (if I had Mike's rep) doing a 6hr class for $500 minimum on THIS particular subject!

Because I know a little about racking, (and I don't share my knowledge for free) the racking is a completely different art form! It has absolutely nothing to do with "pool" as we know it! It's a language that your brain needs to learn to read!

As far as why I say charging decent $$$ money for this knowledge, simply put, you will be a better player before the balls are broken!

I don't think it would be worth it for a low C player, but anyone who can run 5-6 balls consistently will start running more racks for sure! I think if your able to run 5-6 that means you should be at least B player. That said, if the balls are in good positions after the break and you're controlling the 1 or the wing,,, you will be running out more often GUARANTEED!

ELI