What is THE BEST Tip for a Jump/Break Cue???

McChen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
samsara tip hands down!

the control of leather, the power of phenolic, can't ask for anything better

plus it's legal everywhere

DrewWhitehead

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've got one of those rock hard red super pro tips. It's great, jumps easy, breaks well, has control, and cheaper than a samsara tip too I bet.

mdavis228

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've been really happy with the Samsara JB tips. Use it on my JB's & my jump cue.
As far as cost - they're nearly indestuctible. I don't quibble over the price of cue tips.

Dakota Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been really happy with the Samsara JB tips. Use it on my JB's & my jump cue.
As far as cost - they're nearly indestuctible. I don't quibble over the price of cue tips.

I'm with you on that one. Especially if it works as good as most have said here, AND lasts long.

Thanks again for all the input so far!

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I agree-Samsara That's a good way to describe them. I hated the all phenolic tip because they made for a very wild cue ball for me.

Martin

samsara tip hands down!

the control of leather, the power of phenolic, can't ask for anything better

plus it's legal everywhere

madman1nonly

Fine Handmade Cue Tips
Silver Member
Looking for input on what you feel is THE BEST tip for a Jump/Break cue?

Thanks!
Try a madman breack&jump cuetip. if you going toLas Vegas,for the Nationals stop a Joe Blackburn's boot and for $20.00 each including intalation,this cue tip is made out of pig skin and is "LEGAL "by the BCA.......

Dakota Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any Ferrule Suggestions???

Thanks so much again for the input. I think I'm going with the Samsara tip.

I was wondering about the ferrule though? Any suggestions???

Thanks again!

kasparovII

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As I Just posted in the ArnotQ thread. ......another vote for the Samsara tip. Just great With the ArnotQ break / jump cue.

the_general

I love Ivory.
Silver Member
I've got one of those rock hard red super pro tips. It's great, jumps easy, breaks well, has control, and cheaper than a samsara tip too I bet.

this is cool 'coz i used to have Super Pro in my playing cue and my preference of having a hard tip suits it well. :thumbup:

i haven't tried samsara but we have 'em so i might as well have one put in one of my J/B cues and try it too. what i tried recently that i found good to break & jump with control is the white diamond tip.

just a personal opinion based on personal experience.

Les

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
I've been using a Samsara break/jump tip on my McDermott Stinger NG01 for two months now, LOVE IT. Does everything I could do with phenolic, but I don't lose the cue ball on the break.:)

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
I think that a good hard non-phenolic tip is best for breaking, but I do like a phenolic tip for jumping.

I think that a leather tip gives me better Cue ball control during breaking, I know how subjective this is, but I also know that it works best for me, and I suggest that each person has to experiment to find what is best for their style of play.

JIMO

Toam 2.0 are amazing

Waterbuffalo are amazing and feel and sound the best

samsara are good but may put more spin then needed and I don't enjoy the sound

hammerhead are good

If you are going for best feeling, control and sound then waterbuffalo!

if you are going for the most loft to launch into outerspace then toam but also the sound isn't pleasant
IMO

Floyd_M

"Have Cue, Will Travel"
Silver Member
Anything current to report on this thread?
Anything new in phenolics that has some sort of control?

I'm currently looking for a B/J tip that's more powerful than Samsara, tho I really do like Samsara's for massive power draws with control. I have played complete games with the Samsara tipped break stick. TOTALLY WILD what one can get from it when you're mindful of staying nearer to center ball hits.

I made and tried the Crystal Clear tip, they're NOT what I'm looking for. Tho they do a great job at POPPING the cueball on breaks just near zero for jumps.