My Times Up...

Methodman201

@gmail.com
Silver Member
...I think I'll pay my dues, Say my Thanks and Find myself...
This is a little bit of a Vent and a bit of goodbye.

I have learned many things during my years playing, And about "Me" aswell.
I have come to realize that I'm a Dissipointment in the game of life. So I need to take some time to Find myself, The pool hall is no longer my place:( .
I've Quit it but It hasen't Quit me...
Sincerely,
Vincent .M

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Life is a road with many forks in it. Wishing you well as you continue to search for the most rewarding and fulfilling life you can.

Tennesseejoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope this message finds you well. We will be waiting for you to come back with a fresh outlook. Sometimes a little time off does wonders. Good Luck.

matcase

Blondie's #1 fan
Silver Member
A disappointment in the game of life ya say, I believe you are being too hard on yourself. If you want to take a break from pool, take one. However, if you want to find yourself, quitting the game hasn't much to do with it. If anything, evolving at the activities you have a passion for will help you learn much about yourself. Strengths, weaknesses, what makes you happy or sad, all can be learned from pool or any other path you take, and it is the learning that leads to finding ones self. Pay attention and get something from it. Do your best, it is plenty fine. good luck.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Methodman201 said:

I have come to realize that I'm a Dissipointment in the game of life. So I need to take some time to Find myself, The pool hall is no longer my place:( .
Sincerely,
Vincent .M

Vincent,

There are a lot of ups and downs in life and we all have to ride out the bad rolls. I came to the same conclusion, quit pool for 20 years, and came back to it as a hobby.

Most of us would benefit by taking stock of our lives every once in a while, evaluate where we are at, and plan the next phase. Most of the time, making a number of small changes in our lives end up with big results. Move away from the negative influences and gravitate toward the positive. The most productive moments of my life have been the result of bottoming out!

Just don't forget, many base hits are more important than the occasional home run. The mistake I see a lot of people make is to find themselves in a dead end and just stay with it. Whether its a relationship or a job, a dead end is just that. It won't change.

Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: sde

1pRoscoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
TATE said:
Vincent,

There are a lot of ups and downs in life and we all have to ride out the bad rolls. I came to the same conclusion, quit pool for 20 years, and came back to it as a hobby.

Most of us would benefit by taking stock of our lives every once in a while, evaluate where we are at, and plan the next phase. Most of the time, making a number of small changes in our lives end up with big results. Move away from the negative influences and gravitate toward the positive. The most productive moments of my life have been the result of bottoming out!

Just don't forget, many base hits are more important than the occasional home run. The mistake I see a lot of people make is to find themselves in a dead end and just stay with it. Whether its a relationship or a job, a dead end is just that. It won't change.

Chris
Not many people can make me feel truly like an ass..... dammit, you're one of them, Chris.

Great advice.

1pRoscoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Black-Balled said:
:eek: On the snap, Vincent!:eek:
It only lasted about 5 minutes.... I'm back to my "typical" state.... :cool:

One thing I never got is why people come here to announce their instability in the world (or whatever).... Maybe it's the annonymity?

My advice, dude..... Man up, grab your sack, and handle your business. Charlie Mike.

pharaoh68

Banned
Methodman201 said:

Sincerely,
Vincent .M

Vinnie-

Read this carefully as, on the surface, it may seem like one of my usual sarcastic quips when in fact, it is anything but.

Your post is short and rather to the point but there is much to be read between the lines here. You mention that you are quitting the game but that the game hasn't quit you. It would seem then, that there is still a love or a passion for the game. So I ask you, why quit?

Perhaps the problem lays within you (and I don't mean that in a negative way of any kind). You seem unhappy with your life and that should never be. So, take a step back and try looking at yourself from the outside. Focus on the negative results that upset you and trace your steps backwards to find out how you got there. Then, assess those situations and make changes based on them.

But, all me to share something with you: everyone has their vices. Everyone has their escapes. And while you take the time out of your life to find yourself in an effort to make you happy, why not allow yourself a vice or two as well? For some its drugs and others, its alcohol. And for the sake of avoiding a moral, ethical, and political debate in a thread where it is unneeded, I'll avoid touching any of those topics. But, surely doing something that you love and something that you are passionate about can never be a bad thing, especially if it helps to keep you sane at times.

Just food for thought.

I wish you luck in your journey. May you find the peace you are looking for.

-pharaoh 'Dr. Phil' 68.

ScottR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pharaoh68 said:
Vinnie-

Read this carefully as, on the surface, it may seem like one of my usual sarcastic quips when in fact, it is anything but.

Your post is short and rather to the point but there is much to be read between the lines here. You mention that you are quitting the game but that the game hasn't quit you. It would seem then, that there is still a love or a passion for the game. So I ask you, why quit?

Perhaps the problem lays within you (and I don't mean that in a negative way of any kind). You seem unhappy with your life and that should never be. So, take a step back and try looking at yourself from the outside. Focus on the negative results that upset you and trace your steps backwards to find out how you got there. Then, assess those situations and make changes based on them.

But, all me to share something with you: everyone has their vices. Everyone has their escapes. And while you take the time out of your life to find yourself in an effort to make you happy, why not allow yourself a vice or two as well? For some its drugs and others, its alcohol. And for the sake of avoiding a moral, ethical, and political debate in a thread where it is unneeded, I'll avoid touching any of those topics. But, surely doing something that you love and something that you are passionate about can never be a bad thing, especially if it helps to keep you sane at times.

Just food for thought.

I wish you luck in your journey. May you find the peace you are looking for.

-pharaoh 'Dr. Phil' 68.
I just don't know you anymore . . . . .

8-ball Rat

I'll eat you alive.....
Silver Member
Time off.....good. Time away......good.

Giving up......just not right, ESPECIALLY if you say the Game hasn't quit you.

Having gone through a few moments of severe doubt, myself (in pool, love, work, and life in general)...I can honestly say that quitting something you KNOW you love does not help matters at all, regardless of what the problem may be.

Quite the contrary, sir. Maintaining focus on something you enjoy will provide some much needed balance during the "rough spots."

If some time off will help you gather your thoughts, then enjoy the extra hours...but don't give up what your heart AND head tell you that you love so much.

Best of luck on your journey, whereever it may lead you.

Rat

buzzsaw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Methodman201 said:

Sincerely,
Vincent .M
I hear people saying you shouldn't quit the game, but my question would be "is pool the reason for your current feelings?". When/If I take a big hit one night I may feel like a complete failure and ready to give up on a lot of things. Then I go out the next night and return the favor on some poor unsuspecting sucker and life is good again. I've always been told "don't create a long term solution for a short term problem".